Dundee Utd Match Fred

C4mmy31

First 25 mins or so were pretty unimpressive but the first goal settled things down. Bonus to get the second just before half-time. 

Started the second under pressure but saw it through without conceding for a change.  

Right substitutions made at the right time. More positive team selection. The St Johnstone match could have been like that, even allowing for the red card. 

Waters looks weak link to me and I can’t see why Haunstrup isn’t starting at LB. 

Dikamona and Ibsen Rossi did pretty well and the young man will he pleased to win 4-0 on his professional debut! Even Rogers was gaff free, I think. 

Lots of good link-up play going forward - Kiltie made a difference and Tshibola again was outstanding. He needs to show Mulumbu again who is the main man! 

Brophy needs to rein in his shooting on sight - it’s amateurish.

Edited by skygod

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

Brophy meeds to rein in  his shooting on sight - it’s amateurish.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. Big rossi makes a great run outside him and he cuts inside for a left footed shot from the corner of the box.

I may add I thought his all round play was excellent though today

Edited by Ngonge88

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

First 25 mins or so were pretty unimpressive but the first goal settled things down. Bonus to get the second just before half-time. 

Started the second under pressure but saw it through without conceding for a change.  

Right substitutions made at the right time. More positive team selection. The St Johnstone match could have been like that, even allowing for the red card. 

Waters looks weak link to me and I can’t see why Haunstrup isn’t starting at LB. 

Dikamona and Ibsen Rossi did pretty well and the young man will he pleased to win 4-0 on his professional debut! Even Rogers was gaff free, I think. 

Lots of good link-up play going forward - Kiltie made a difference and Tshibola again was outstanding. He needs to show Mulumbu again who is the main man! 

Brophy meeds to rein in  his shooting on sight - it’s amateurish.

We are not good enough to dominate games. We are a meh side. No relegation and no European. I think you hard on waters. He would not have been in my side nor kiltie. But credit where it’s due both did fine today. Brophy still overrated, very average at this level but I judge strikers in goal scoring and he scored today so well played that man.

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

We are not good enough to dominate games. We are a meh side. No relegation and no European. I think you hard on waters. He would not have been in my side nor kiltie. But credit where it’s due both did fine today. Brophy still overrated, very average at this level but I judge strikers in goal scoring and he scored today so well played that man.

I think we're a potentially very good team if we had a Greg Stewart type, just missing that bit of brilliance 

6 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. Big rossi makes a great run outside him and he cuts inside for a left footed shot from the corner of the box.

It seems like he's got it in his head that shooting every time he gets the ball is his 'trademark'. It works once in a blue moon and is detrimental to the team every other time so he definitely needs to reign it in.

I thought we were sitting far too deep in the second half, but even with Utd's possession and corners I didn't really think we were going to concede. We looked very dangerous on the counter as well - the subs made a big difference in the last 15 minutes. Haunstrup looks a pler, it won't be long before he replaces Waters at left back.

4 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

I think we're a potentially very good team if we had a Greg Stewart type, just missing that bit of brilliance 

Agree. Assuming we settle on best back line and with mulumbu in top gear we are one “top” and I mean top forward from being decent. Findlay and mulumbu are the galacticos. Need a top forward. Griffiths would be my bank buster but Stewart would be welcome. 

Superb result, never saw that coming. Having got first win we need a wee run to get the confidence up. 

Need to play two strikers more often, especially at home, I would have liked to have seen one of the other two strikers come on in place of Kabamba for last 10 minutes.

Waters does nothing wrong in the game, sets up first goal too, but he never seems at ease in a game.

Brophy is infuriating at times, other players must be raging at him at times.

17 minutes ago, skygod said:

Brophy needs to rein in his shooting on sight - it’s amateurish.

I thought waters was excellent today

Absolutely marvellous. 

So happy for them. They've deserved a more from the season and this could really give them a shot in the arm.

Thats as good a goal i can remember st rugby park. Unbelievable.

And mulumbu coming on as well. All in all, a perfect saturday afternoon.

Blues blues 

19 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I didn’t think Brophy played that well. He should look at Kiltie and see what can be achieved when you don’t try and shoot all the time like a kid at 5s. All the other attacking players - Kabamba, Kiltie and Burke put him in the shade with their contributions 

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

I didn’t think Brophy played that well. He should look at Kiltie and see what can be achieved when you don’t try and shoot all the time like a kid at 5s. All the other attacking players - Kabamba, Kiltie and Burke put him in the shade with their contributions 

There was a point where Kiltie held onto the ball for about ten seconds, beat someone, held it, shielded, held again, looked for a pass, was careful, found Brophy... And he lumped it straight past goal. 

Bit of composure needed still - but his movement and business causes so many problems 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

He didn’t play great in terms of all round game. He misses passes. I see the potential but it’s unfulfilled. But he scored. And I’ve been critical on his goal return. Other folks say he runs about and causes pressure for centre backs etc. But he should be judged primarily on goals. He scored in a good win today. So well done and hope it breeds confidence.

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

You’re allowed to be positive, don’t know if you know that

41 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Couldn't disagree more.

Bar a silly cross pitch misplaced pass I thought Waters was excellent. Easily his best game for Kilmarnock.

Fell over in the first half allowing his man a clear run on goal.

Twice tried to volley clear with his left foot in the first half when he should have used his right. Made a mess of both. Needs to be able to use his right foot.

Had a fresh-air shot with his left foot on the goal line in the first half.

Lots of passing errors.

Knocked over easily, which I don't think many did to Greg Taylor. Needs to be more solid.

Did well for the first goal - surprisingly, since so many had been criticising him for offering nothing going forward.

Edited by skygod