Dundee Utd Match Fred

C4mmy31

2 hours ago, KillkieBoab said:

Jeez. I'm so glad that I'm a happy clapper if that's how you see our players.

I said this 20 minutes into the match where he was visibly struggling? I’m glad he turn it around and had a good game after that. Just won 4-0 and people still moan at others for having an opinion. Jesus wept

Said to my mate earlier, as we sat in a darkened room watching the game on a big screen, it's typical that these TV-only games are being played in glorious sunshine! No doubt as soon as we can get back to the grounds it'll be pishing down and blowing a hooly.

Thought we were excellent today. If there was any cause for concern, it was that we conceded a couple of big chances almost unchallenged in the first half, and we have Connolly's poor finishing to thank for our clean sheet as much as anything. It's all about building confidence for our back four just now, so a clean sheet will do wonders and the fact Rogers hardly had a save to make will help.

Think there's no doubt that Dyer knows his best system is a 4-4-2 with Brophy and Kabamba. He needs to solve what we do when they're not both available, as our Plan B generally proves to be useless. When we have those two up top with Burke and Kiltie providing the creativity, we look a far better side. Delighted both strikers scoring.

It's been a hard start to the season so didn't feel particularly comfortable at 1 or 2. Fantastic to see us racking up 4 and putting the game beyond all doubt. Our last couple of goals were really well worked, on Kabamba's part for the third and a real team effort for the last.

Good way to go in to the international break and feel a bit more confident vs Aberdeen than I did. I'm no Dyer lover, but really hoping this is the result that turns it around for him and I'm proven wrong, rather than the one that keeps him in a job longer than he ought to be.

The defence seemed to be playing as 3 central defenders at times when Utd were attacking with Rossi coming inside rather than staying wide so He wasn’t playing as a right back in a flat back four.

Whatever happened it worked and we kept a clean sheet.

Edited by MarkyMark

34 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Excellent result. Clean sheet. Need to build on that and gain some momentum. 

I have to wonder whether Dyer stumbled into this result because of the Power injury but regardless we need to start the next game with the same players and system and get some continuity. 

Managers hand was probably forced due to who was available. He deserves credit for getting it right though. Correct choice to play Rossi at RB and getting two up top. Would have been easy to throw Mulumbu or McKenzie straight back in and hope to get an hour out of one and finish the game with the other. Hopefully we continue to build on this. Fringe players given a chance and showing they can be trusted to get a job done rather than just using a small core group. 

Problem is Brophy shoots to often from crazy angles or two far out. A true Goalscorer will score all sorts of goals.  I laughed when Burke shot from a tight angle and Brophy was open to his left. I laughed because Brophy was raging he did not get the pass......

No idea what Brophy's goal to shot ratio is , but it can't be great ( not counting pens)

2 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

The definition of a shot must have changed - I'm not sure there were 33 in that game!

They certainly never had 18! TBH even though they made some chances I never thought at any point that they looked like scoring.

And giving away possession to win games is something SSC was a master at! Looks like Dyer has learned a thing or two after all.

30 minutes ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Dont agree abiut Brophy shooting early. It is his thing and its good. Defenders n goalies love strikers to take a touch. He is a striker, give him it he shoots early before they are settled. Yes he may miss a few lay offs but as a striker you dont care, his job is to shoot, doing it early is not a bad thing. 

Absolutely agree. His shots are hard and often on target. Strikers should want to score. He wants to score. Great alongside Kabamba who gives a different dynamic up top. 

10 minutes ago, boydiesback said:

They certainly never had 18! TBH even though they made some chances I never thought at any point that they looked like scoring.

And giving away possession to win games is something SSC was a master at! Looks like Dyer has learned a thing or two after all.

Dicker blocked about 5 on his own during the second half.