Dundee Utd Match Fred

C4mmy31

1 hour ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Dont agree about Brophy shooting early. It is his thing and its good. Defenders n goalies love strikers to take a touch. He is a striker, give him it he shoots early before they are settled.

Shooting early is fine, but he often "winds up" for a shot by taking two or three touches.

If I'm a keeper and he gets the ball 18-25 yards out, it's predictable that he is going to try to shoot and I like that. What I don't like is the unpredictable.

He needs to mix it up more but we've been saying that since SC was there so he must be getting instructions to shoot on sight. 

25 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

He dropped off a cliff. Remember that performance at Thistle being a highlight. But then he started doing things very like that Kabamba mistake yesterday 

He started his second season as our captain, but was injured and then totally immobile when he came back. ‘Rushed back too soon’ possibly but certainly never the same player again in his time with us.

9 hours ago, skygod said:

Shooting early is fine, but he often "winds up" for a shot by taking two or three touches.

If I'm a keeper and he gets the ball 18-25 yards out, it's predictable that he is going to try to shoot and I like that. What I don't like is the unpredictable.

He needs to mix it up more but we've been saying that since SC was there so he must be getting instructions to shoot on sight. 

If we start getting more players around him and consequently more opportunities Brophy should adapt his game. When it's been one or two chances a game I didn't blame him for shooting on sight. 

8 hours ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

I was never a big fan of Mark Connolly when he was with us. Now I remember why that was.

I was quite keen for us to bring him back when it was rumoured under Clarke. Any time I’ve seen him for United he’s been a bit of a bomb scare. Seen him gift opponents a fair few goals like yesterday. 

22 minutes ago, piffer said:

I was quite keen for us to bring him back when it was rumoured under Clarke. Any time I’ve seen him for United he’s been a bit of a bomb scare. Seen him gift opponents a fair few goals like yesterday. 

Was never the same player after Pascali left. He lost that security of Pascali keeping him right.

8 hours ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

I was never a big fan of Mark Connolly when he was with us. Now I remember why that was.

I remember noticing that even when he was doing well overall he dropped a clanger just about every game, just like the one yesterday. At first he was getting away with them, to be fair often by recovering really well. The luck eventually ran out.

31 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but if you watch Mark Connolly after the first 2 goals he’s going absolutely mental at everyone bar himself.... 

Then, for the third.... haha ends up on his arse.

He used to do that all the time for us and does it all the time still. Punching the turf and screaming like a wee lassie. 

Nice to see his still just as angry and s**te at football as he was with us. 

6 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

If I remember correctly he was excellent before being injured?

That’s about right IIRC. I remember we were desperate for him to return from injury as he had been so important to the team. Who remembers his lying flat out on the ground header to clear? I think he did this a few times less successfully than the first time. 

1 minute ago, Richie242KFC said:

4-0 with 33% possession? Some feat

Sometimes stats do not tell a full story......after going ahead we often sat off Utd and let them pass it around well away from our goal, far all their possession and corners.....they hardly created that many clear cut chances