Killie Goalscorers Since 1993

Thebigguy68

Moving discussion from kabamba thread and looking at how brophy’s scoring record compares with other central forwards in recent years. The basis of this considers Only players who scored all their killie goals in the top flight since 1993 eg. No Bobby Williamson. Minimum 10 games and only those that have at least 0.1 goals/games ratio. Data taken from wiki so expect some margin for error but should give a directional comparison. There are players included that are centre forwards and others that played centrally on occasion. Also includes all goals whether from open play or not. Some interesting ones for me.

7423F3A6-44C6-414A-BCB9-BA92772142B9.png

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Tommy Johnson was the best finisher I've seen play for us.

Just a shame it was such a short spell.

TJ was only at Celtic, cos he couldn't get into an Aston Villa team with Dwight Yorke and Savo Milosevic in it!

Only scored 9 more goals in his entire career after he got 7 in 10 for us,  I'd  bet he wished he'd stayed longer at Killie longer too!

6 minutes ago, Killie1984 said:

Did McCoist only score 9 goals with us. 

If you take into account his hat trick then he would have scored 6 in 52

McCoist was a waste of a jersey in most of his games for us.

The opposite of Durrant.

Still rankles me that Paul Wright never got the send off he deserved.

How was it the song went? "I'd rather have a Wrighty than a Hun".....

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

I assume no Paul Dalglish because he didn’t actually score at all? 

What about Andy Smith and Mike Jeffrey? Not good enough ratio? 

Don’t think Paul “ you must have been adopted” dalglish scored for us. Smith and Jeffrey came in at the 0.1 ratio so strictly could have made the baseline but I’ve tried to erase the memory of them in a killie top.

2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:
  • I wonder how the older ones compare ? I was looking for John Bourkes and Eddie Morrison’s scoring averages for instance? No pressure bigguy68 :) time for a new thread . 

A few selected others covering my time as a supporter. One of my favourites - Joe Reid - may surprise a few....

88AB8B77-385F-42FB-B0A9-0C5C2420CF43.png

4 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

Interesting Wright only 0.01 behind Boyd. I always thought of him more as a good goal scorer than a really prolific one, though that could be down to Blobby's style of play

Both took all the pens and free kicks if they were playing which I think is easily forgotten

Confirmed my impression that McCoist was a complete waste of time and money at Killie.

Was always  annoyed that he carried some extra weight when playing for us but then shed it all in about a month for his part in that Robert Duvall movie. He also just couldn't bring himself to score against the Huns - missed about 6 sitters in a Killie shirt against them.