Czech Rep V Scotland - game OFF

C4mmy31

Finland looked no-hopers for years but are currently streets ahead of us in movement and ball retention. I find myself trying to make excuses for Steve Clarke that I wouldn't make for previous managers, but that Palmer-McTominay right side combination is utterly hellish. McTominay should be in midfield and Palmer should be at home watching on TV. Good rugby tackle McKenna, shame you can't tackle with your feet. Cooper was OK, Christie too, but too greedy at times, Dykes and Marshall our best two for me. 

5 hours ago, carpetfitter said:

McKenna is so so so bad. 

Absolutely this, and yet he escaped criticism again last night!

I'd honestly rather have a decent-sized traffic cone in his place.

Kenny McLean was awful too, was like having one of those bouncy things from a pinball table in the middle of the park.

Fleck got unfair criticism IMO, felt he at least tried to be positive but nothing came off.

Marshall solid and Dykes looks a good target man. 

We just need someone playing close in to him....A fit Naismith or Brophy would be ideal.

5 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

Just watched highlights. Defending for first goal criminal and defence non existent for rest of game.

Good goal by Dykes

Proved why McTominay isn’t a centre back and we missed a proper DM pressuring the ball, Czech boy had too much space and time to get his head up and pass. We need to revert to 4-5-1 with someone getting close to Dykes whether it’s Christie (greedy prick), Forrest or McGinn. Cooper was ok, wing backs not comfortable, McKenna is dross.