Tony Abbott

robkil

Living in Australia, I tend to browse rather than post on the political forum as I'm not the best at keeping up to date with the current political goings-on back home, however, I had to have a chuckle when I noticed Australia's former PM is now Boris's new Trade Advisor.

Quite simply, one of the worst Australian prime ministers in memory, and this YouTube video comes from an American comedy TV show, it's most certainly accurate.

17 minutes ago, robkil said:

Living in Australia, I tend to browse rather than post on the political forum as I'm not the best at keeping up to date with the current political goings-on back home, however, I had to have a chuckle when I noticed Australia's former PM is now Boris's new Trade Advisor.

Quite simply, one of the worst Australian prime ministers in memory, and this YouTube video comes from an American comedy TV show, it's most certainly accurate.

Ha ja superb stuff, but worryingly this literally sums the current UK government up perfectly.   Absolute shower of absolute ignorant clowns.

Yet we've still got folk who'd rather have this kind of prick running Scotland than literally anyone at all in Edinburgh.

Brexits going to be an absolute cluster of epic proportions.

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Sounds like this boy is going to be right up Dom's street.

As you say Brexit is currently heading for an endeavour of Darien like proportions.

Difference is Darien failed because the Spanish and English blockaded the area and prevented Scots boats getting out or in to support it.  Even then it almost succeeded,  without the English petitioning the King to refuse aid to it, purely to prevent us from getting a foothold and impacting their own colonies, it wouldve changed the world s we know completely.  Unlikely thered ever have been a union, no domination of Spain and Portugal of Central and South America,  etc.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Difference is Darien failed because the Spanish and English blockaded the area and prevented Scots boats getting out or in to support it.  Even then it almost succeeded,  without the English petitioning the King to refuse aid to it, purely to prevent us from getting a foothold and impacting their own colonies, it wouldve changed the world s we know completely.  Unlikely thered ever have been a union, no domination of Spain and Portugal of Central and South America,  etc.

I appreciate the circumstances were different but I meant Brexit could cut the same relative chunk out of the country's economy and leave the UK just as vulnerable to predators as Scotland was.

10 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I appreciate the circumstances were different but I meant Brexit could cut the same relative chunk out of the country's economy and leave the UK just as vulnerable to predators as Scotland was.

Very little left that the Tories haven't already sold off to their mates anyways.  This is why they're desperate to cteate the internal market and get proper access to Scotland's water and wind resources and rape them as they've raped us for oil. 

22 hours ago, robkil said:

G'day Robkil. Great post. Crikey he's an even bigger dickead than I thought, so he is in just the right company.