The most ‘meh’ Killie player you’ve seen

jazza

5 hours ago, ChrissyRoss said:

Paul Dalglish, Gary Tallon, Alan McInally - were just s**te and punted there after.

Surely meh status has to go to someone that played week in, week out, but was so overwhelmingly average/boring that just seeing them in person made you put your head down and walk on instead of giving an "Awright"/nod of acknowledgement

Rhian Dodds played 48 times for us.......again cannot remember a single bit about it, the lad's play was the footballing equivalent of Rohypnol. 

Agree with this it was descending into a thread of pish players rather than ones that were kinda "awrite". 

Rhian Dodds is a decent shout, you were never either disappointed or excited that he was playing. 

Agree with Steven Smith. 

Peter Leven

Gary Wales

Sean Hessey

Edited by Gaz of the 20/20

21 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Agree with this it was descending into a thread of pish players rather than ones that were kinda "awrite". 

Rhian Dodds is a decent shout, you were never either disappointed or excited that he was playing. 

Agree with Steven Smith. 

Peter Leven

Gary Wales

Sean Hessey

Agreed .

On 9/9/2020 at 10:45 PM, Killie1970 said:

John Sludden. Didn't reach the heights for us but always had the potential. Martin Baker was another one.

John Sludden was the perfect foil for Wullie Watters. The ball would stick to him, he could pick a pass and TB rated him highly , always his out ball when moving forward. Wullie wouldn't have got loads of the goals without Sludden. A great partnership at the level we were at

I remember when Craig Napier was signing for us from Hamilton. 

Big Crawford Baptie was my gaffer at the time as he was a team mate of Napier.

Baptie was raving about "Naps" ............he's 2 footed....hes electric quick.....can play left or right back....tackles like a tiger he claimed !!

I was buzzing for it !!

Then Napier signed and all I can remember is meh meh meh meh 

39 minutes ago, jasper said:

I'd have said either Frank Malone or Joe Mason, but the latter got a totally unexpected transfer to his Hun heroes and no-one else can remember Frank. I think he went to South Africa. A member of that great Reserve League Cup-winning side.

Joe got swapped to Morton for Craig Watson, his transfer to Rangers was six years later.

He was very well regarded by the Morton fans, probably because he was the highest scorer in Britain during one of these seasons.  

21 hours ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Napier has one claim to fame for me. He got chopped off at the knees early on in a home game against Aberdeen. Most obvious penalty I've seen that wasn't given in close on 60 years of watching football. We lost that game 2-3 so our luck against that mob hasn't changed! 

Donald McVicar was the ref that day.

My old man wrote a letter to the sfa about him after that. He was a seething mess for a week.