Politics (split from Crowd test events)

Bigdodge

13 minutes ago, dasboag said:

How about the low transference rate of the virus among practising health professionals, who come in direct contact with infected people daily wearing masks?

The medical folk wear medical grade masks. Joe Public dont. Chances are the masks the public wear are not fit for purpose. I could wear a pair of knickers on my face as it would still meet the remit of a face covering.

All the sheeple need to wake up and smell the coffee. Just because the BBC say it or Boris or Nicola doesnt mean it's TRUE. Do your own digging and see the truth on all of this pish. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdodge said:

The medical folk wear medical grade masks. Joe Public dont. Chances are the masks the public wear are not fit for purpose. I could wear a pair of knickers on my face as it would still meet the remit of a face covering.

All the sheeple need to wake up and smell the coffee. Just because the BBC say it or Boris or Nicola doesnt mean it's TRUE. Do your own digging and see the truth on all of this pish. 

Aye, because digging on the Internet produces the truth every time. 

32 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Far too simplistic a statement, circumstances and knowledge made the decision at the time seem sensible.

Hindsight and lack of consideration of the former make the decision appear to be wrong.

lets Make sure we look at the decision in the round and not let loudmouth arseholes just shoot their gobs off 

We will see if it’s the correct decision in the next 4 or 5 years when our kids leave school after periods of disruption through Nicola s dictatorship lockdowns and there is feck all jobs for them.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Far too simplistic a statement, circumstances and knowledge made the decision at the time seem sensible.

Hindsight and lack of consideration of the former make the decision appear to be wrong.

lets Make sure we look at the decision in the round and not let loudmouth arseholes just shoot their gobs off 

Horrific decision and no amount of hindsight or any justification will ever make it even remotely right.

to knowingly send extremely unwell old people many of whom had actually tested positive back into a care home environment is nothing short of criminal.

and for those same people to stand up and tell us what we can and can’t do is laughable.

Edited by Richaway

3 minutes ago, Richaway said:

Horrific decision and no amount of hindsight or any justification will ever make it even remotely right.

to knowingly send extremely unwell old people many of whom had actually tested positive back into a care home environment is nothing short of criminal.

and for those same people to stand up and tell us what we can and can’t do is laughable.

Same people who told us 80% of us would get it and wouldn’t know, they make it up as they go. 

The UK missed the chance in June to go for aggressive suppression and is now paying the price. Most public health experts warned them that this would be the case. 

Melbourne is still in stage IV lockdown despite currently having only a fraction of Scotland's cases as models (provided by the Grattan institute) suggest that this is the only way to get the economy going again. 

Edited by Angelo's Ashes

58 minutes ago, Richaway said:

Literally not a single old person who tested positive was discharged.   Youve literally just made that pish up.

The ONLY people.discharged had no symptoms you clown.

At the time noone was aware of the asymptomatic situation.  I'm never one to stick up for the UK givernmenr, but ffs stop taking complete pish.

3 minutes ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

The UK missed the chance in June to go for aggressive suppression and is now paying the price. Most public health experts warned them that this would be the case. 

Melbourne is still in stage IV lockdown despite currently having only a fraction of Scotland's cases as models (provided by the Grattan institute) suggest that this is the only way to get the economy going again. 

Scotlands first minister asked for a lockdown in February and was told NO by the current UK government.  Indeed the UK givernment meddled in the devolved nations efforts all the way through with their arrgance that they new best.

1 hour ago, Richaway said:

55 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Same people who told us 80% of us would get it and wouldn’t know, they make it up as they go. 

Come away aff it, yous know its much more complex than this.

Care homes decision was a shocker, and as much driven by a sh!tey infrastructure in passing from NHS to private healthcare as any, but to then make these types of sweeping statements shows that we are rocketing back to the "I'm alright Jack" approach.

All these grand ideas on how we might try and live better in future given the glaring changes in the environment etc since lockdown....but nobody gives 2 sh!tes because they know better. 

I know I'm being overly idealistic in opposition to the above, but its the general public that are the real virus.

6 minutes ago, dasboag said:

Come away aff it, yous know its much more complex than this.

Care homes decision was a shocker, and as much driven by a sh!tey infrastructure in passing from NHS to private healthcare as any, but to then make these types of sweeping statements shows that we are rocketing back to the "I'm alright Jack" approach.

All these grand ideas on how we might try and live better in future given the glaring changes in the environment etc since lockdown....but nobody gives 2 sh!tes because they know better. 

I know I'm being overly idealistic in opposition to the above, but its the general public that are the real virus.

I don’t know any better, only Nicola does.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

I don’t know any better, only Nicola does.

And the rest of the world who are involved in the same pandemic as us. I'd understand your criticism if Scotland were in some way a unique case and the rest of the world were getting on fine. Most governments in the world are on a hiding to absolute nothing, and that would be the case regardless of any realistic alternative who would be calling the shots. 

20 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Literally not a single old person who tested positive was discharged.   Youve literally just made that pish up.

The ONLY people.discharged had no symptoms you clown.

At the time noone was aware of the asymptomatic situation.  I'm never one to stick up for the UK givernmenr, but ffs stop taking complete pish.

Did you personally oversee every person discharged from hospital?

im only going by info I got from someone within the healthcare industry.

but go ahead and resort to name calling.

Edited by Richaway

2 minutes ago, Richaway said:

Did you personally oversee every person discharged from hospital?

im only going by info I got from someone within the healthcare industry.

but go ahead and resort to name calling.

Don't go all you've resorted to name calling, when repeating absolute nonsense.

Its well documented that the elderly discharged were only discharged when they exhibited no symptoms.  They were discharged into the care of their homes and were badly let down there,  many of those homes put profit before people.

But an overly simplistic view, especially one which isn't remotely accurate only serves to encourage the loudmouth trolls.

I'm no fan at all of the UK govt who have shown their ineptitude and greed on equal measure during this pandemic,  and theyre not totally blameless in the death toll amongst elderly patients  but to say those with positive tests were deliberately dischargwd is just wrong.

10 hours ago, Bigdodge said:

Depending on your taste in lingerie, sticking a 3 layer pair of cotton panties on yer face is about 90%+ effective. Single layer cotton face coverings are about 50% effective, better than nothing and work much better when wet apparently.  Surgical mask, medical grade, is only about 95% effective.  You need the full filtration respirator and the oxygen tank strapped to the back to be near enough 100%.  Diminishing returns, but making a bit of an effort with even a t shirt, reduces risk of spreading by about 50%, or chops distance you can infect others from 2m to 1m, or to about 8 inches with a medical grade mask - important on buses, trains etc etc.