Tracing App

Shropshire_killie

33 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

shouldn’t have said that on here pal , mind you if it’s like the quarantine thing you’d be fine , barely checked on anyone 

i agree the checks on quarantine are laughable from zero administration at the arrival airport to zero checking when you’re at home . It relies almost entirely on self restraint . 

I arrived back from Norway last weekend and marked that I was exempt from quarantine due to my job ... I was asked "Why do you think you're exempt from quarantine?" ... "I work in the food industry" .... passport handed back and off I went.  I expected at least a follow up question but no....

Was told today that my mate's brother flew back into Manchester from Spain and wasn't even asked for his form.

12 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

i agree the checks on quarantine are laughable from zero administration at the arrival airport to zero checking when you’re at home . It relies almost entirely on self restraint . 

The Scottish border force has really dropped the ball on this. Oh wait... there isn’t a Scottish border force. This is a reserved matter. That would mean that once again we’re being let down by Westminster’s focus on the economy at the expense of public health. 

5 hours ago, Zorro said:

The Scottish border force has really dropped the ball on this. Oh wait... there isn’t a Scottish border force. This is a reserved matter. That would mean that once again we’re being let down by Westminster’s focus on the economy at the expense of public health. 

The agency that the U.K.govermment send the details to is PHS as quarantine is a health matter , I presume It’s the PHE that are responsible for quarantine supervision in England . What happens after that is anyone’s guess . If it wasn’t a devolved matter why are the restrictions and corridors different in all 4 countries ? 

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

The agency that the U.K.govermment send the details to is PHS as quarantine is a health matter , I presume It’s the PHE that are responsible for quarantine supervision in England . What happens after that is anyone’s guess . If it wasn’t a devolved matter why are the restrictions and corridors different in all 4 countries ? 

Are you familiar with the concept of RIRO/GIGO? These terms suggest that incorrect or poor quality input of data will produce faulty or incorrect data output. So to use @chubbs example, his friends brother arrived back in the U.K., didn’t hand in a form, is lost to PHE and then is free to roam throughout the U.K. Add on no track and trace app available in England and a percentage of tinfoil hatters in Scotland worried about their data and of course you’re going to have issues with quarantine. 

To resolve this you either need the U.K. border force to take their role in limiting the spread of the infection seriously or we build internment camps at the airports and keep travellers in them until we’re sure they’re free of infection. Which do you prefer? 

49 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Are you familiar with the concept of RIRO/GIGO? These terms suggest that incorrect or poor quality input of data will produce faulty or incorrect data output. So to use @chubbs example, his friends brother arrived back in the U.K., didn’t hand in a form, is lost to PHE and then is free to roam throughout the U.K. Add on no track and trace app available in England and a percentage of tinfoil hatters in Scotland worried about their data and of course you’re going to have issues with quarantine. 

To resolve this you either need the U.K. border force to take their role in limiting the spread of the infection seriously or we build internment camps at the airports and keep travellers in them until we’re sure they’re free of infection. Which do you prefer? 

But it’s a health issue surely ?

The U.K. , or indeed if we had one in Scotland , border forces role is to protect the borders from illegal movement of goods and people into the country . Not to facilitate the quarantining of people once they’re in . That’s the role for another agency PHE PHS police etc . In the U.K. as a whole it’s too lax and open to fraudulent behaviour . That’s why I’m in favour of Covid testing at airports as it would facilitate another layer of scrutiny. 
The advertising that only 20% of people quarantining would be checked  , and only by text or a phone call was a mistake . 
Also I’m under the impression that  Scottish governments App doesnt have the ability to track you ? So in this scenario would be useless ?