Shielding

Shropshire_killie

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

Looks like you'll have to use your "common sense" to take care of yourself on this 9_9 the UK Govt don't really give a hoot unless the tills are ringing now.

Yep. That's my conclusion Scooter. Incompetent arseholes. You are lucky you got Nicola. She cares. She cares about her mum her family and all of you. 

5 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Yep. That's my conclusion Scooter. Incompetent arseholes. You are lucky you got Nicola. She cares. She cares about her mum her family and all of you. 

Yep but the BBC has joined the unionists politically again, by stopping the coverage of the daily briefings.   This is one of the most disgraceful demonstrations of politicisatiom and control of the media the UK has seen on its shores.  Just like 2014, they have taken a side and shown their hand.

Time for this station to be taken off air permanently  as they're almost acting against both the public interest and our health.

12 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

You are lucky you got Nicola. She cares. She cares about her mum her family and all of you. 

Her hard work every day isn't appreciated by everyone though, which is fair enough.

They call her a 'populist' but if she were, she'd open things up more as support for public restrictions is falling.

Instead she's trying to find the right balance as the steep rise in Covid cases is pushing us into more local lockdowns.

You take care of yersel' wee man! ^_^

12 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Yep but the BBC has joined the unionists politically again, by stopping the coverage of the daily briefings.   This is one of the most disgraceful demonstrations of politicisatiom and control of the media the UK has seen on its shores.  Just like 2014, they have taken a side and shown their hand.

Time for this station to be taken off air permanently  as they're almost acting against both the public interest and our health.

It’s a shocking, politically motivated decision from the BBC, at the expense of the Scottish nations health.  

For the state broadcaster to stop broadcasting these briefing with the r number at currently at 1.1-1.6, is totally wrong and disgusting, from a public service broadcaster during a global health pandemic.

Little more than the propaganda arm of WM government, always was and always were. And on that note, may god bless the internet.

I couldn't care less about watching the briefings, never watch them, just look at the figures or read if there's any change to what is required in relation to the virus. The problem at the moment is that young people are spreading the infection and if you think the 18-30 age group pay any attention to them your head must zip up the back. As long as the information is conveyed to the public it doesn't matter how it is conveyed. If there are any important changes to Scottish government policy relating to the virus then it should be broadcast, but daily briefings are unnecessary. 

21 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I couldn't care less about watching the briefings, never watch them, just look at the figures or read if there's any change to what is required in relation to the virus. The problem at the moment is that young people are spreading the infection and if you think the 18-30 age group pay any attention to them your head must zip up the back. As long as the information is conveyed to the public it doesn't matter how it is conveyed. If there are any important changes to Scottish government policy relating to the virus then it should be broadcast, but daily briefings are unnecessary. 

Agreed , FMQ’s is the forum that should be broadcast , then all accusations of propaganda would be nullified . 

1 minute ago, Bonbon19 said:

Agreed , FMQ’s is the forum that should be broadcast , then all accusations of propaganda would be nullified . 

I disagree. You are lucky you have daily briefings on the situation and you can watch it (whether you chose to or not). There is f**k all down her.  I am astonished the use of the word propaganda ( if that is being used). Those that are using that phraseology are deliberately undermining a valuable public service for political ends. For what it's worth many folk down here are admiring what Sturgeon is doing. Some of you need to wake up. 

16 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

bollocks and spoken like a unionist.  For anyone to claim these are party political broadcasts is behond belief.

The r rate is rising the cases are rising, hospital admissions are rising. 

Oh and incidentally support for independence is rising.....  Politically mmotivated gerrymandering and absolutely disgusting.

9 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

bollocks and spoken like a unionist.  For anyone to claim these are party political broadcasts is behond belief.

The r rate is rising the cases are rising, hospital admissions are rising. 

Oh and incidentally support for independence is rising.....  Politically mmotivated gerrymandering and absolutely disgusting.

9 hours ago, Zorro said:

Do you have a specific example of the type of propaganda supposedly broadcast during these briefings?

The propaganda accusation is being levied by the opposition parties not me . So much so that they’ve succeeded in getting the BBC to drop them , when I do watch them I too find it informative but I’m sure I read that the numbers tuning in is on the wane .

Funny how Wrongdogs opinion isn’t questioned ? 

26 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

The propaganda accusation is being levied by the opposition parties not me . So much so that they’ve succeeded in getting the BBC to drop them , when I do watch them I too find it informative but I’m sure I read that the numbers tuning in is on the wane 

so you agree that the decision is politically motivated gerrymandering then.  Good to hear.

Interesting take from Donald Macaskill. For those who don’t know who Dr Macaskill is, he’s the chief executive of ScottishCare; “the representative body for  independent social care services in Scotland”. Fatty Foulkes and Jabba Baillie should hang their heads in shame. They put their political agenda before public safety and didn’t give these vulnerable adults a moment’s consideration. 

DF0928A1-CF9E-47A6-91F1-B94A71A9C14C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

The propaganda accusation is being levied by the opposition parties not me . So much so that they’ve succeeded in getting the BBC to drop them , when I do watch them I too find it informative but I’m sure I read that the numbers tuning in is on the wane .

Funny how Wrongdogs opinion isn’t questioned ? 

Doesn’t it worry you that the flow of information can be stopped so easily, without any evidence that these briefings were being used as a propaganda exercise? 

I didn’t answer @Wrangodog point because it didn’t interest me. There’s lots of stuff on tv I don’t watch or think is unnecessary but I wouldn’t campaign to get it banned. Unless anyone wants to join me in ridding our screens of women’s football?

Edited by Zorro

33 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Doesn’t it worry you that the flow of information can be stopped so easily, without any evidence that these briefings were being used as a propaganda exercise? 

I didn’t answer @Wrangodog point because it didn’t interest me. There’s lots of stuff on tv I don’t watch or think is unnecessary but I wouldn’t campaign to get it banned. Unless anyone wants to join me in ridding our screens of women’s football?

Unfortunately your assertion may be true but the political parties using everything in their power to win one over on their rivals is hardly new. 
I’ve every faith in Sturgeon turning this into a political gain somehow . 

As for women’s football you start the petition and I’ll sign it . 

Edited by Bonbon19

They could have changed the format. 

The briefing could have set out the data and how the data was used to drive the increase or lessening of any lockdown restrictions. 

Any 'politicising' has been driven by the press Q&A section.  There is only so many questions that can be asked that are covid specific and which are to inform the reader/listener.  Increasingly the journalists are asking questions that can only illicit a response that crosses in to politics.

I don't doubt Nicola Sturgeon when she says she does not want to use the briefings as a political platform however she is not stupid and having a daily opportunity to speak to the nation on the national broadcaster is a welcome by product.

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Women's football at it's highest level is normally reasonable, unlike that Watford v Middlesbrough game last night. I don't want the briefings banned, they are useful when there is a change in regulations, but it is unnecessary that they are done every single day. 

9 minutes ago, Zorro said:

I wonder which necessary programs will replace the daily briefing? Bargain Hunt repeats? Homes under the hammer? Can’t pay we’ll take it away? I demand cooking programs. There’s not enough cooking programs on tv. 

No idea, don't watch daytime TV. You must be an avid viewer since you appear to know the names of them all. 

Just now, Zorro said:

I’m confused why you’re bothered about there being a daily briefing if it doesn’t impact on you at all. 

Mainly because so many people are making a big deal over it on here and on Twitter. How the information is disseminated is unimportant, we don't need a live broadcast to deliver it. Judging by the rising number of cases of infection the daily briefing is having no affect on reaching the people who are spreading the virus, so what's the point ? 

22 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Mainly because so many people are making a big deal over it on here and on Twitter. How the information is disseminated is unimportant, we don't need a live broadcast to deliver it. Judging by the rising number of cases of infection the daily briefing is having no affect on reaching the people who are spreading the virus, so what's the point ? 

If it’s so unimportant how information is disseminated, why are so many people making a big deal about it? And would you feel better if it was a prerecorded daily briefing shown each day at the same time?

Im not sure the daily briefing is the largest factor in a rise in cases. I’d suggest a confused mixed message on the easing of restrictions from the U.K. government is a far bigger issue. The drive to get everyone back into their workplace, when a huge number of them were able to work perfectly fine from home, has also been a factor. So “what’s the point” in getting them back into their offices and call centres. Let’s get that stopped too. In fact let’s get everything  everywhere stopped.