Aberdeen match, Fred

CB

3 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Kabamba is a blunt object in a game like that, no real goal threat. Brophy and Burke had a day to forget. Thought the fullbacks were OK. Now have two of our central defenders injured, hopefully not seriously. 

I thought the fullbacks looked out of there depth today. Neither of them great in attack or defence. Up against good wide players but both had their worst games of the season for me. 

Overall we played well again today but like most of Dyer's reign we have not got the result. It is starting to be a bit worrying that again this season we seem to be lacking any attacking threat for periods of a game.

I think something that is not helping our case is our constant switching out at the back, you can see that with time Rogers is becoming more composed and comfortable but we are struggling to have a consistent back four which I think leads to us losing more goals than we should.

Another creative winger for me is a must, we badly need another out ball to stretch teams and create the spaces that our strikers need to get shots away.

Goals vs Dundee United.

1. A cross thrown into the box that Kabamba does well. Defenders should never be giving him that space. 

2. A game of pinball really, Good flick by kiltie and again defense shouldn't be allowing Brophy to run off them as easy as that.

3. A blatant defensive error.

4. Great team goal. Take nothing away from it. However not a real goalscoring chance.

My point of this post. Even though we won a game 4 nil, we're not in anyway creating chances week in week out.

Something needs to be done before we start getting pulled into a serious relegation battle.

Looks to me like there's a clear bottom eight and in our seven games we've played all the top four three of them away. 

We need to pick up positive results in the next  four games and if we did that top six is still possible. Don't think tonight is a time to panic or it might all fall apart. 

I'd be dropping Dicker and Broadfoot personally for the sake of a bit more mobility. Lack of pace is almost as big a problem as lack of creativity at the moment or are they opposite sides of the same coin? 

5 minutes ago, Garykillie said:

I’m sorry but no chance I’m accepting we would watch what Aberdeen served up today. They had 6 defenders on at the end. Poor play in the final third today cost us. End of.

Except they looked good whenever they went forward? I'm sure you be raging if we beat them near enough every time we played them even if it meant having 6 defenders on for the last 5 minutes. Right enough. 'poor play in the final third' what? As in having 0 quality as we do near enough every game? 

Edited by Killie lad

3 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Yep. We cant keep saying that. He has had January and an extra long summer window and we still cant create enough chances

A loss at Pittodrie isn’t the best example. It’s a tough place to go. Clarke got a draw up there with ZERO shots on goal. We have a shocking record against Aberdeen in general. Who was the last manager to get a result up there if you ignore the 2-0 win against 10 men? 

1 minute ago, Harrogate Peter said:

I'd be dropping Dicker and Broadfoot personally for the sake of a bit more mobility. Lack of pace is almost as big a problem as lack of creativity at the moment or are they opposite sides of the same coin? 

Dicker should be dropped showed little urgency and his constant mis placed passes cost us. 

Tho not much to take from Broadfoot today was brilliant till he unfortunately got injured. Theres very little difference in mobility between him and Dikamona and pace wise.

2 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Except they looked good whenever they went forward? I'm sure you be raging if we beat them near enough every time we played them even if it meant having 6 defenders on for the last 5 minutes. Right enough 

They only looked good going forward in the second half as Findlay was basically playing as a striker at the end. You are right though with the reason about not being able to beat them.

4 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

A loss at Pittodrie isn’t the best example. It’s a tough place to go. Clarke got a draw up there with ZERO shots on goal. We have a shocking record against Aberdeen in general. Who was the last manager to get a result up there if you ignore the 2-0 win against 10 men? 

We're not talking about Steve Clarke he was two seasons ago. Leave him there. I’m starting to think that name and shadow is holding the club back. Both teams have changed a lot since then. For what we had of the game today we didn’t put them under real pressure or work the keeper much.

McInnes openly settled for 1-0 with a 5-4-1 but we were unable to get out of our own third for most of the last ten minutes. Poorer teams than Killie have gone to Pittodrie and picked up wins. It’s Aberdeen not Bayern Munich

Interesting comparing the comments on here with the Aberdeen commentators and the BBC for a bit of balance. BBC says we were a threat for most of the game and Aberdeen commentators said we were the better side for chunks of the game. 

Not at all meaning "actually we were brilliant" - we weren't, but that was fine/a bit disappointing and actually a little better than the zero shots on target under Clarke. They are a very good side in this league. 

Maybe too optimistic, but we created plenty and looked good v St Johnstone and Dundee United and I suspect we will again in the next two games. Will definitely start worrying if things go wrong in those two though. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

We're not talking about Steve Clarke he was two seasons ago. Leave him there. I’m starting to think that name and shadow is holding the club back. Both teams have changed a lot since then. For what we had of the game today we didn’t put them under real pressure or work the keeper much.

McInnes openly settled for 1-0 with a 5-4-1 but we were unable to get out of our own third for most of the last ten minutes. Poorer teams than Killie have gone to Pittodrie and picked up wins. It’s Aberdeen not Bayern Munich

There is acceptance of mediocrity in some quarters, yes. We are not terrible. We are mediocre. We won’t go down. We won’t be top 6. With the current squad and manger. Those that are happy to see us survive in the league and win a few bigger games now and then will be satisfied the season. But it’s not good enough to excite and bring any “lost” supporters back when they eventually get a chance to go back.

16 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

Totally get that mate. Today is just another example of it though. If it was a 1 off we could just about deal with it.