Aberdeen match, Fred

CB

30 minutes ago, Garykillie said:

I’m sorry but no chance I’m accepting we would watch what Aberdeen served up today. They had 6 defenders on at the end. Poor play in the final third today cost us. End of.

If we are still joint bottom come Christmas I’m sure you’d change that tune....

7 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

There is acceptance of mediocrity in some quarters, yes. We are not terrible. We are mediocre. We won’t go down. We won’t be top 6. With the current squad and manger. Those that are happy to see us survive in the league and win a few bigger games now and then will be satisfied the season. But it’s not good enough to excite and bring any “lost” supporters back when they eventually get a chance to go back.

We are joint bottom of the league. Only goal difference has us out the bottom two. The form we are on will see us relegated. It must change and it has to happen soon.

I think survival was the priority this season. That’s not saying it’s acceptable to stumble through a season and stay up on the last day. What’s for sure is we are not going about it in the right way.

Punchless performance. Brophy and Burke well off it , but to be fair he changed it. Kabamba was ineffective but he was also being fouled all the time which Madden declined to notice. 

Midfield and defence generally did ok the goal aside. I don’t get the stick for the full backs. They were up against good players and I think both did ok, especially Waters.

Edited by KenVaagen1984

13 minutes ago, piffer said:

We are joint bottom of the league. Only goal difference has us out the bottom two. The form we are on will see us relegated. It must change and it has to happen soon.

I think survival was the priority this season. That’s not saying it’s acceptable to stumble through a season and stay up on the last day. What’s for sure is we are not going about it in the right way.

I'm still optimistic. Yet to play Accies, St Mirren and Livi who all look guff and Motherwell who aren't what they were last season. 

Two good results in the next two and we will be in the top six and seeing a wee gap to the teams below. 

I hope we are decisive about making changes if that doesn't come to pass though. 

Last few games I've definitely got the feeling there is a system, there are options in the squad and the manager is less afraid to make changes. Desperate to get to the next game to see how we fare. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

What gives you that confidence?

The league has dropped a level this season imo. The lack of fans may well be a factor and it could pick up but it’s clear that the top 4 are better than the rest. So 1 out of 8 chance to finish bottom in a poor league. I think we have 3 or 4 very good players and 3 or 4 that are good premier league players. We are much stronger imo that the teams we had under Jefferies latterly, Calderwood, Johnston and Locke. So I’d be shocked if we finished in the bottom 2.

19 minutes ago, piffer said:

So you are unhappy that we went away to both Hibs and Aberdeen, played well and might have had a point with just a little luck. Those performances for me were much better than we have come to expect at those two grounds.

I keep saying that, but for the collapse against St Johnstone after a silly red card, we might have been sitting on a decent eight points having played all of the league's top four (spenders). 

Let's see how we do against Accies, St Mirren, Well and Livvy.

Thought Aberdeen had too comfortable an afternoon. First half mainly hopeful crosses into the box were getting us nowhere. We only looked dangerous for about 10 minutes of the second half after Brophy came off and tried playing through them a bit more. Bad news for us is we haven't got that quality no. 10 who can unpick teams like them. Be interesting to see if Mulumbu plays next week. 

1 minute ago, Souleycouley93 said:

All fart no jobby. 
We huff and puff /run about and make individual errors pretty much everygame. We battered a very poor Dundee United team. Apart from that we are the nearly men. Can’t ever seem to not concede poor goals. No creativity at all. Brophy looks like he’s chucked it. 

If thats the case get brophy sold .its not as if hes prolific .

4 minutes ago, Garykillie said:

The fact we have play both Glasgow teams Hibs away and Aberdeen away. After the next five or so games let’s see where we are. 

We've also played Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd, sitting with 5 points from 7 games isn't too clever no matter what way its buttered up. 

Next 3 games are big, but i wouldn't say they are nailed on wins against 3 teams which have beaten us in our most recent fixtures.

Edited by Gaz of the 20/20

1 minute ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

We've also played Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee Utd, sitting with 5 points from 7 games isn't too clever no matter what way its buttered up. 

Next 3 games are big, but i wouldn't say they are nailed on wins against 3 teams which have beaten us in our most recent fixtures.

Yeah, St Johnstone was a sore one. Let’s take the next three and go from there. Ross County away was a win we gifted to a draw for them. Got to be positive.