Aberdeen match, Fred

CB

6 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Following your message and having had a 2 minute look at out of work managers who have a better record than Dyer (doesn't narrow it down too much), the following names popped up:-

Lee Johnson, Tommy Wright, Steve Kean, Danny Wilson, Billy Davies, even John Hughes has a decent track record. 

I'm not saying any of these would be my first choice but I'd have more confidence in any of the above than I do the current management team. If thats a 2 minute google search from a punter then I'm sure a football club board could compile a better list within a couple of weeks.

In all fairness with their track record on appointments would you expect the board to do anymore than a google search?

18 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Following your message and having had a 2 minute look at out of work managers who have a better record than Dyer (doesn't narrow it down too much), the following names popped up:-

Lee Johnson, Tommy Wright, Steve Kean, Danny Wilson, Billy Davies, even John Hughes has a decent track record. 

I'm not saying any of these would be my first choice but I'd have more confidence in any of the above than I do the current management team. If thats a 2 minute google search from a punter then I'm sure a football club board could compile a better list within a couple of weeks.

Out of that lot I'd suggest only Tommy Wright would be a good appointment.

Lee Johnson wouldn't come and even the thought of Billy Davies or John Hughes sends shivers up my spine.

I'm sure we would get some good candidates applying for the role. We did last time (Chris Powell, Darren Moore) However, for some reason we were lumped with Alessio.

It could almost have been Gus Poyet, last season.

Gus Poyet turned down Kilmarnock approach for a job offer that then fell through

The former Chelsea midfielder said it was “embarrassing” that the job offer he told Killie about did not pan out.

By Press Association Published: 20 August 2020 - 7.38am

Gus Poyet has revealed he turned down an approach from Kilmarnock last summer to focus on a concrete job offer which fell through.

Now the former Brighton and Sunderland boss is eager to return to management in England ahead of the new season after two years out of the game.

The former Chelsea midfielder was sounded out by Killie after Steve Clarke left to become Scotland manager in May 2019 before the Ayrshire club turned to Angelo Alessio, another former Stamford Bridge employee.

Poyet told the DW Podcast: “I had a very, very small and honest approach from Kilmarnock last year when Clarke went to the national team. It was not the right time.

“They were very honest, very polite. Because of connections through a player, they just asked me if I would be interested.

“But at that time I was negotiating with a team. You know when you think, I am the next manager of this team, we are getting to the details and then one day they disappear, and you think: ‘What happened?’

“At that time when I talked to Kilmarnock, I said, from the bottom of my heart thank you very much, I would love to have an experience in Scotland but right now I am in the middle of something that is going to happen.

“And then it didn’t happen and it was embarrassing. Because they were probably saying, ‘hello, what was that big, important thing?’

“I cannot tell you but it was tough. Something happened in the middle, I don’t know what, and boom.”

https://www.bt.com/sport/news/2020/august/gus-poyet-turned-down-kilmarnock-approach-for-a-job-offer-that-then-fell-through

Regarding the management position.....I would also add Gary Holt to the no list.  He hasn't done anything spectacular and doesn't merit the job just because he has a killie tattoo (before folk say he's killie through and through and all that).  

It would be interesting if the position arose that we required another manager would Poyet be approached and sounded out.  

Just watched the Aberdeen goal aswell, it certainly appears that the Pittodrie pitch, in particular the bit where Dicker was tracking back, is ankle deep in treacle. That would certainly explain the lack of speed!

1 hour ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Anybody who lived through Eddie Morrison, knows how s**te it was and we are currently in a run that's considerably worse. That in itself tells a story. 

Behave yourself.  How the f**k can you say losing to Hibs, Aberdeen and Sevco is worse than then we lost to f**king the likes Clyde, Brechin and Forfar at the wrong end of the 1st division.

23 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

I wonder if Kilties injuries have toughened him up? Prepared to do the hard work, challenges for headers he had no right to win and isn't afraid to put his body on the line. 

Opposite of a lot of players who go into their shell after a serious of bad injuries

To be fair Durrant often said his injured knee was stronger and better than his other one.  It just that Watty didn't want to use him.  Even though their midfield was immense back then, the way he controlled games for us and Scotland when he played made a mockery of wattys decision.

Best player ive ever seen in the stripes, very closely followed by Losa.

3 hours ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Anybody who lived through Eddie Morrison, knows how s**te it was and we are currently in a run that's considerably worse. That in itself tells a story. 

Morrison almost got us promoted in his first full season as manager.   

We blew it/bottled it if I remember correctly when losing 1 nil away to Forfar near the end of the season, especially when there was a reluctance for anyone to take a late penalty awarded to us. 

4 hours ago, Pelesboots said:

Morrison almost got us promoted in his first full season as manager.   

We blew it/bottled it if I remember correctly when losing 1 nil away to Forfar near the end of the season, especially when there was a reluctance for anyone to take a late penalty awarded to us. 

Oh Eddie Eddie Morrison  always a killie legend for now and evermore

On 9/15/2020 at 3:48 PM, Beaker71 said:

Behave yourself.  How the f**k can you say losing to Hibs, Aberdeen and Sevco is worse than then we lost to f**king the likes Clyde, Brechin and Forfar at the wrong end of the 1st division.

That was our level then though!? It isnt now? Our present run is awful. 

Our level now should be top 6 not bottom with 4 wins in 20 or something similarly Dyer. Aye much more enjoyable getting humped by big teams we've been regularly beating, wise up, we'll be back playing in that league with this win rate. 

14 minutes ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

That was our level then though!? It isnt now? Our present run is awful. 

Our level now should be top 6 not bottom with 4 wins in 20 or something similarly Dyer. Aye much more enjoyable getting humped by big teams we've been regularly beating, wise up, we'll be back playing in that league with this win rate. 

I don't need to wise up you need to get a grip.  Why was the 1st division our level then but top 6 is our level now?

The truth is you earn the level you're at, nothing more nothing less.  But to compare the years we had in the wilderness to now is utter nonsense.

2 hours ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Eh cos we've been out that league just a couple of years now. We were 3rd wi SC and 5th wi Alessio and it wasn't good enough but bottom with that win rate is magic!? Eddie Morrison would be binned by now, hero or not. 

It’s about 7 days since the last 5th under alessio post.

i admire your work keeping this gem in peoples minds.

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Joint bottom and only 3points off fifth seems to be the preferred way of addressing the current situation in many quarters

Plus Dyer has only had to play the good teams.  If you don't look at the fact that Alessio got 6 more points against the same teams.

I was far from a lover of Alessio's style, but let's be honest it got us more points than we're picking up now.