Line up face Hamilton Accies

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, kilm53 said:

Rogers

Millen-Rossi-Findlay-Waters

Tshbola-Mulumbu

Burke-Kiltie-Pinnock/Rory

Kabamba

Assuming power is out, I’d start with that. Kiltie Has earned his place and brophy needs to drop out. I really like dicker, he has been immense for us but I would like to see that two together. I’d like to see pinnock have a run from the start but Rory may bring better balance. Not sure hamilton are quite as “tight” as they were so can maybe have a real go at them.

Rogers

McGowan, Fit CB, Findlay, Haunstrup

Tish, Dicker, Mulumbu

Burke, Kabamba, Kiltie.

Rogers starting to find a bit of form and looking more comfortable playing football again. Change of fullbacks for me. Time to see what McGowan and Haunstrup are made of. Wasn’t impressed by Millen and Waters yesterday. Yes McGowan fluffed his chance previously but Haunstrup hasn’t had a fair crack in his position. I know he’s not been great but Dicker in there to protect the defence. Let the other two dominate the midfield. Kiltie deserves to keep his place. I’d start Burke but IMO he’s got McKenzie and possibly Pinnock as well breathing down his neck for a position. Both of them have looked decent off the bench the last two games where Burke’s form has dipped a bit. Kabamba at the centre of the attacking three. We probably should be going with a two but Brophy has looked off it for most of the season

Is Dikamona injured? Didn’t watch game live and it wasn’t in the highlights. 

Hamilton looked a decent outfit yesterday. Templeton can be a handful. 

If Dikamona is fit he has to play as Hamilton have a physical centre forward.

I’m not happy with the lack of clean sheets but we can’t change the fullbacks and centre half if Dikamona is injured. That’s 3 changes across the back four. Start with Millen and Waters and if it isn’t working change one at a time but I think if we don’t concede Dyer won’t change the defence and if we do concede he’ll make changes further up the park. 

10 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

Is Dikamona injured? Didn’t watch game live and it wasn’t in the highlights. 

Hamilton looked a decent outfit yesterday. Templeton can be a handful. 

If Dikamona is fit he has to play as Hamilton have a physical centre forward.

I’m not happy with the lack of clean sheets but we can’t change the fullbacks and centre half if Dikamona is injured. That’s 3 changes across the back four. Start with Millen and Waters and if it isn’t working change one at a time but I think if we don’t concede Dyer won’t change the defence and if we do concede he’ll make changes further up the park. 

Manager says it was just a knock but he had to get him off given the stage of the game. He didn’t want him hobbling about. 

36 minutes ago, piffer said:

Rogers

Tish, Dicker, Mulumbu

Burke, Kabamba, Kiltie.

Rogers starting to find a bit of form and looking more comfortable playing football again. Change of fullbacks for me. Time to see what McGowan and Haunstrup are made of. Wasn’t impressed by Millen and Waters yesterday. Yes McGowan fluffed his chance previously but Haunstrup hasn’t had a fair crack in his position. 

Agree with all of this. That's the team for me depending on fitness. 

55 minutes ago, piffer said:

Rogers

Tish, Dicker, Mulumbu

Burke, Kabamba, Kiltie.

Rogers starting to find a bit of form and looking more comfortable playing football again. Change of fullbacks for me. Time to see what McGowan and Haunstrup are made of. Wasn’t impressed by Millen and Waters yesterday. Yes McGowan fluffed his chance previously but Haunstrup hasn’t had a fair crack in his position. I know he’s not been great but Dicker in there to protect the defence. Let the other two dominate the midfield. Kiltie deserves to keep his place. I’d start Burke but IMO he’s got McKenzie and possibly Pinnock as well breathing down his neck for a position. Both of them have looked decent off the bench the last two games where Burke’s form has dipped a bit. Kabamba at the centre of the attacking three. We probably should be going with a two but Brophy has looked off it for most of the season

I suspect that McGowan and Haunstrup were both signed to be first choice so it doesn’t say much that seven games into a disappointing start to the season and they still can’t force their way into the team. 
Rogers and Tish are the only two signings playing regularly.

5 minutes ago, historyman said:

I suspect that McGowan and Haunstrup were both signed to be first choice so it doesn’t say much that seven games into a disappointing start to the season and they still can’t force their way into the team. 
Rogers and Tish are the only two signings playing regularly.

My worry is that we'd have said the same about Power under Mcculloch. Slightly concerned the "you keep the jersey" mentality is well intentioned but has kept good players out the side.

So difficult to know from the outside, but McGowan has definitely looked very good at this level in the past so it's a bit confusing. I've thought Haunstrup looked good anytime he's been on too. 

Would have liked more rotation to get a better idea of them. 

There were fitness issues at the start of the season which seem to have held McGowan and Haunstrup back. From there both Millen and Waters started well. IMO it was fair to continue with them. It’s probably the first time in their Killie careers they’ve been given a fair crack at it. at the moment I’m not seeing much to continue with them. Granted Millen is just back but they don’t offer the threat we’ve had from fullback previously. McGowan got his chance against and fluffed his lines. Should he have been bombed out against United or given the chance to make it right? We were desperate for a result and Dyer got it right on the day. We can’t judge Haunstrup at the moment he hasn’t had a fair crack at it.

Rogers 

McGowan Broadfoot Findlay Waters

McKenzie Mulumbu Tshibola Kiltie

Brophy Kabamba 

I would rest Burke and save him for future games. Think he’s been off it recently and could do with a rest plus McKenzie always seems to do well v Accies. 

Edited by Killieboykfc

14 minutes ago, Bbk said:

You would need a good memory to remember our last 'threat' from full back wasn't that Gus McPherson? 

Not really..to long a memory .Greg Taylor, SOD .....Waters in our last home game .....

At home and a front 2 you badly need our 2 wide players to be involved and create, hopefully Burke for one can find his top form again ......If fully fit there must be a chance somehow to get Mulumbu involved as that kind of creative passing ability is missing atm from this team 

13 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Rogers 

Brophy Kabamba 

I would rest Burke and save him for future games. Think he’s been off it recently and could do with a rest plus McKenzie always seems to do well v Accies. 

I’d swap out Broadfoot and waters but rest look good 

15 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Rogers 

Brophy Kabamba 

I wouldn't throw McGowan in, put Pinnock or Haunstrup in Kiltie's place, and move Kiltie up front with Kabamba. Mulumbu would depend on his fitness. 

46 minutes ago, piffer said:

There were fitness issues at the start of the season which seem to have held McGowan and Haunstrup back. From there both Millen and Waters started well. IMO it was fair to continue with them. It’s probably the first time in their Killie careers they’ve been given a fair crack at it. at the moment I’m not seeing much to continue with them. Granted Millen is just back but they don’t offer the threat we’ve had from fullback previously. McGowan got his chance against and fluffed his lines. Should he have been bombed out against United or given the chance to make it right? We were desperate for a result and Dyer got it right on the day. We can’t judge Haunstrup at the moment he hasn’t had a fair crack at it.

Bit harsh on both Millen and Waters. Up against 2 good wide players in Hayes and Kennedy yesterday.  Hard to impose themselves going forward when you are defending against players of that calibre. Don't think Hamilton will be as threatening on the flanks.

If Broadfoot is injured you would be changing 3 of 4 from yesterday's starting line-up. Aberdeen weren't cutting us open with any regularity that would suggest such an overhaul.  

13 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I wouldn't throw McGowan in, put Pinnock or Haunstrup in Kiltie's place, and move Kiltie up front with Kabamba. Mulumbu would depend on his fitness. 

I would play McGowan in this one. He will know all about accies and they have Templeton wide left who is a good player. 

Might be slightly harsh on Millen but I thought he was poor yesterday. 

45 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Rogers 

Brophy Kabamba 

Dropping our most creative player in terms of assists in a home game, against Hamilton? I agree he’s been “off it” but he’s still our best supplier.