Accies match, Fred

CB

6 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Pretty sure people are happy to be proven wrong, not too sure why you keep bringing it up. I personally thought he was gash on his first time with the club and don't think any different because he's been good second time round. Both can be true 

I mean, I don’t wana be the guy to say I told you so. Glad we “took the risk” though. Was a no brainer for me. 

To say he was “gash” the first time round is a ridiculous statement.

3 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Credit to Dyer 2nd half. Set us up very well and looked good on the counter attack. We actually looked like scoring and created chances. 

Well done to 13 of the 14 players involved today. Brophy should be in the changing room thanking every single teammate of his in there

Tell ye something, you’ve outdone my Rory bashing with your consistent Brophy bashing over the last few weeks.

Impressive. 

35 minutes ago, Killie lad said:

Pretty sure people are happy to be proven wrong, not too sure why you keep bringing it up. I personally thought he was gash on his first time with the club and don't think any different because he's been good second time round. Both can be true 

They're not true though.

25 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Tell ye something, you’ve outdone my Rory bashing with your consistent Brophy bashing over the last few weeks.

Impressive. 

Feel I'm right to mate. Good finish against Dundee United, other than that made a lot of wrong decisions.

Walked about at Aberdeen. Our worst performer, at least effort wise.

And that today, is almost laziness. Poor poor attempt to win the ball.

13 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Great shift from big Nicke, especially in the second half.  Chris Burke had another fine match and I was astonished how much graft and skill he put in right to the final whistle.

Well played boys although I prefer the 4-0 type of great performance.

Burkey only played 82 mins ......

2 minutes ago, KillieFanInToon said:

I love reading through a Match Fred after the event. Some of the comments have aged so well.

There are always some who can find the negatives in any performance. That second half today was, in my opinion, just as good as the Arabs match. Their keeper could easily have conceded another two or three.

Well done Alex Dyer for a half time performance which equalled anything delivered by Sir Steve.

I thought only after the sending off,  Until half time did we seem a little nervous, I did worry a little at half time that it might be the ST Johnstone game again , Sitting deep and try a grind out a result.

Started on the front foot as they say, Very impressive and in total control, Everything creativity wise was coming from Kiltie and Burke, Tish was bossing the Midfield and only Dicker was struggling with his passing. Our passing this week all seemed positive , Almost always forward , Even through the middle of the park which is great to see , Sometimes we play the ball into wide area's to often and although Kabamba is a big lad he is poor in the air. Everytime Kiltie receives the ball his control is top drawer and he will turn and bust past his marker or into space, He links everything in the final third and has a great work ethic, Back to his best imo.

I voted for Tishbola as man of the match. I was one who was not keen on his return, But he is like a different player. I am seeing traits in his game i have never seen before. His weight of pass combined with his composure on the ball shows he is/was a classy player. But the work ethic since returning is something i thought he did not have. He seemed everywhere today and if he lost the ball he would win it back. Nice to see him supporting the attack today bursting into the box a couple of times, Forced their keeper into a good save. He was instrumental in the Kabamba goal , He gathered the ball after the stramash in the box and laid into Dickers path for another shot, He could have lashed at it himself but the better option was to pass to someone better placed.

I have given Dyer a hard time in a couple of games this season, But i ll give him credit today, Because it looks like he got the players sorted at half time, As we wen't in we had been sitting to deep and allowing Hamilton to much of the ball. What ever Dyer did or said at half time we came back out a different Team. Passing was crisp and quick , We looked a threat even with ten men and yet solid at the back and once we scored we managed the game out.

Glad Kabamba got his goal. Yet again he worked so hard for the Team and he looked really tired at the end. Shame about the Brophy sending off as i think we would have scored a couple more. It was a forwards tackle for sure and the ref saw it as a red, Thought a yellow would have been more suitable.

Now who plays up front next week or do we see Kiltie in a free role behind Kabamba.......

5 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Always great to get a win, even better when it is with a man down. Overall we were by far the better team but again by losing a goal we are giving our attackers even more pressure to go out and get goals. If we want to move up the table consistently then we need to tighten up the defensive side of our game.  

That was the disappointing thing for me. When Chris Kyle spoke pre match he mentioned the focus on Accies threat from set pieces. Then first Chance they get we switch off completely and let the lad get a free header. To make it worse we don’t react when the ball comes back out and the same player puts it in the back of the net.

Your bang on we need to tighten things up. We can’t keep giving opponents a freebie every game.