Accies match, Fred

CB

2 hours ago, Guff92 said:

Tish is our best and most consistent player this season. Proving most killie fans more and more wrong as each weeks passes. 

Kiltie great again.

I've never been particularly impressed with him - didnt dislike him, just didnt think he really added much. 

However, this season he has been outstanding so far. Long may it continue!

Brilliant to get that win. 

What's frustrating is that we seem to have worked over the summer on a 442 with Brophy and Kabamba, and Kiltie as a winger, and because of reds, injuries and the fixture list we've only actually been able to play it for 90 minutes twice in eight games... 

I'm quite confident going into games like St Mirren and Livi if we can keep that setup going. Kiltie is growing by the game and Tsh was immense. Attitude was spot on to notice we still had the beating of them and keep composed. 

I'm still not convinced on the fullbacks. Seems harsh after the second half today, but still think they are average players. Much as I say that, how can Dyer drop them now after all that hard work today... 

That's a minor niggle though - great stuff today. 

1 hour ago, mitch14 said:

Brilliant to get that win. 

What's frustrating is that we seem to have worked over the summer on a 442 with Brophy and Kabamba, and Kiltie as a winger, and because of reds, injuries and the fixture list we've only actually been able to play it for 90 minutes twice in eight games... 

I'm quite confident going into games like St Mirren and Livi if we can keep that setup going. Kiltie is growing by the game and Tsh was immense. Attitude was spot on to notice we still had the beating of them and keep composed. 

I'm still not convinced on the fullbacks. Seems harsh after the second half today, but still think they are average players. Much as I say that, how can Dyer drop them now after all that hard work today... 

That's a minor niggle though - great stuff today. 

We need to improve on our away form. Today was very impressive considering we went down to 10 men so early. I think most Killie fans feared the worst considering recent results especially the St Johnstone game. Accies it also has to be said were rotten. 

Gives us a bit of breathing space going into the St mirren game! 

Definitely a brilliant attitude all 2nd half, and level of determination which suggested that the team were all playing for each other (and Dyer). Interesting point on the 4-4-2 which did look very effective prior to Brophy's red...with the two up top, Tish in the middle, and Kiltie left...wonder if Power would now come in for Dicker in that formation, with the rest of the side being unchanged? Would mean Mulumbu (when fit) would be an impact sub though.

The 3-5-2 did work really well against Dundee Utd though...with Kiltie also a real threat in the AM role. Could be that we could cycle both systems depending on the opposition....a good option to have.

Didn’t see the game live but just caught highlights. Thought overall based on what was shown we played some nice stuff and never really looked to be a man down.

Kiltie took his goal really well. Good delivery for equaliser but should have been a Killie head to it first. Brophy sending off could easily have just been a yellow especially when you saw what Walsh either ignored or just gave a caution for when committed by a Hamilton player. Was still a stupid foot up though, unnecessary and asking for trouble.

Kabamba - I like him and think he will score a few for us this season. Comedy fall over the ball reminded me of Connor Sammon when I saw one of his early games up at Brechin in a cup tie. Like the Fish, I think he will score if there is someone putting the ball on a plate for him, Mulumbu for Kabamba as Eremenko did for Sammon?  Don’t think he is technically gifted as far as ball control and going past players but give him a sight of goal and he can finish.

Speaking of Mulumbu, we really need to see him fit and contributing. His fitness given how long he was out was a concern to many of us but we were assured he would hit the ground running.

St Mirren game - will give us an idea of where we are. Can’t afford to lose against a very average side but our inability to keep a clean sheet is a worry. A draw wouldn’t surprise me. 

It's very 2020 of everyone to be either "100% a red card" or "100% not even a yellow and then have a big fight about it. We don't do in the middle any more.

It was a stupid foot to leave in there, but he did pull out of it. The Hamilton player has overreacted a bit but we'd expect a Killie player to do the same.

I don't think it was ever a no card challenge. It's a yellow when the ref sees him pull out, it's a red when he doesn't.

40 minutes ago, Lroy said:

It's very 2020 of everyone to be either "100% a red card" or "100% not even a yellow and then have a big fight about it. We don't do in the middle any more.

It was a stupid foot to leave in there, but he did pull out of it. The Hamilton player has overreacted a bit but we'd expect a Killie player to do the same.

I don't think it was ever a no card challenge. It's a yellow when the ref sees him pull out, it's a red when he doesn't.

I watched it several times and couldn't conclude if I thought it a yellow or a red. 

Like you say its a stupid challenge and gives the ref a decision. Its one that can go either way and in a split second the ref goes with the red. 

Doubt there is any grounds for appeal as there is a definite argument for a red. 

Watching the footage again, it looks like the refs view is partially blocked. With that in mind I don’t think an empty stadium did Brophy any favours as the challenge sounds far worse than it actually was. There’s no doubt Brophys foot is high and his studs are showing but it’s also clear the majority of the force came from the accies player following through from his clearance. It’s definitely a card, but I can’t make up my mind which. 

Well I thought the ref had a good game.

Played advantage well, allowed tussles between players (assistant ref flagged for a few that the ref was going to let go), and probably got all bookings correct. 

On another day, with another ref, Brophy might have got yellow, but the ref didn't rush into a decision and probably took advice from the assistant ref through his earpiece.

13 hours ago, chubbs said:

Some folk should be ashamed and embarrassed by their comments ...

Some people took my “drop Burke” comment seriously and missed the sarcasm.

The hint would be that I said it after he assisted the first goal....xD

There were a good few posters saying pre match that he should be dropped..... these posters being complete fools.

11 minutes ago, KTID96 said:

Yesterday's goal was Greg's 5th in 12 games (6 starts) against Hamilton, meaning that they are now his favourite opposition to score against. 

The funniest part about that is that people always said he wouldn't be effective against the likes of accies because they're a bunch of hammer throwers that would kick him off the park. Turns out having the better footballers on the park is the way to go, who knew. 

Watched the highlights. I don't think there can be much argument about Brophy's red although he did not use any force at all, his studs were up and it was well over the ball. What I don't understand is how less than 10 minutes later Ogkmpoe does the same to Findlay with a lot more force and is not even booked.  

47 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

Well I thought the ref had a good game.

Played advantage well, allowed tussles between players (assistant ref flagged for a few that the ref was going to let go), and probably got all bookings correct. 

On another day, with another ref, Brophy might have got yellow, but the ref didn't rush into a decision and probably took advice from the assistant ref through his earpiece.

He didn't get all the bookings correct. Burkey was taken out by Odoffin just before Kiltie scored. The ref appeared to forget the tackle in the aftermath of the goal, should have been a yellow card for Odoffin. 

1 hour ago, Killie lad said:

The funniest part about that is that people always said he wouldn't be effective against the likes of accies because they're a bunch of hammer throwers that would kick him off the park. Turns out having the better footballers on the park is the way to go, who knew. 

Kiltie isn't the same player physically as he was when he went out on loan. He's noticeably the one of the best players we have in the air, he never had that to his game before his run in the Championship.

40 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Kiltie isn't the same player physically as he was when he went out on loan. He's noticeably the one of the best players we have in the air, he never had that to his game before his run in the Championship.

A great example of getting the young players out on loan, invaluable experience. In Kiltie case to boost his confidence after two horrendous injuries. It clearly worked

Had a very quick scan through this thread and we need to be questioning whether some of the posters on here are actually killie fans. I get negativity at times but bloody hell some of the during match posts are brutal and frankly embarrassing. Notable that some posters seemed to stop posting altogether when we went 2-1 up as well, strange. 

18 minutes ago, Mcd said:

A great example of getting the young players out on loan, invaluable experience. In Kiltie case to boost his confidence after two horrendous injuries. It clearly worked

Think the timing for Greg Kiltie is brilliant. Whether it stems from Clarke, then through Alessio and Dyer. He has worked on a huge part of his game that was poor, Strength. Greg Kiltie has always had the footballing ability. 

I do believe that left midfield really suits him though and we STILL nearly 2 years on need a number 10