Brophy - yes or no

Dave1981

The red card today didn't help but no way changes my previous thought on Brophy.  For me he runs around alot but doesn't exactly strike fear in opposing defenders.  He isn't a target man by any means. He scores around 10 goals a season (definitely not a decent return for the clubs main striker).  There are glimpses of occasional skill from him but one on one with a defender my money will always be on the defender coming out on top. Time for him to be dropped to the bench after he returns from suspension.

He’s an important player for me but he’s not suited to being the main man. His best stuff came IMO when Boyd and then Stewart were the main men in the team. Brophy was allowed to do his stuff working off them. He’s far better suited to playing in a two but I’d like to see him as more of the second striker and play off Kabamba than what we seem to be doing recently. 

The sending off has done him a lot of harm. He’s not been in the best form anyway. His performance last week was really poor. Guys like Kiltie are flying. McKenzie and Pinnock coming off the bench are making an impression. Whitehall and Cameron are itching to get involved. By the time Brophy is available He could find himself well down the pecking order

1 hour ago, Killieboykfc said:

His hold up and link play today till he got sent off was first class. 

He’s frustrating but he’s still a really good player at this level. 

Exactly this. 

As mentioned else where, he’s very good at bringing others into the game. 

Our very own bobby dazzler.

24 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Our best system is undoubtedly Brophy and Kabamba together. Our best performance of the season was v United. Definitely keep him in the team. 

We have not looked as mobile for a long time than with kabamba, kilty and Burke with tish in slightly more advanced midfield. And that was with 10 men. Brophy slows down the play and doesn’t link. Not sure what’s left for him to do or not do to feel the wrath of the fans.

38 minutes ago, piffer said:

The sending off has done him a lot of harm. He’s not been in the best form anyway. His performance last week was really poor. Guys like Kiltie are flying. McKenzie and Pinnock coming off the bench are making an impression. Whitehall and Cameron are itching to get involved. By the time Brophy is available He could find himself well down the pecking order

I think AD will start with Kabamba and Kiltie up front in the next match with either McKenzie or Mulumbu coming in to the midfield. That's still a pretty solid team as long as we don't get more injuries in the forward areas.