Aaron McGowan

Maverick11

Aaron McGowan could be set for a shock Kilmarnock exit.

The talented defender has asked to leave Rugby Park, but that request has been turned down.

Killie boss Alex Dyer doesn’t want him to go but it could all come down to what happens over the last couple of weeks of the transfer window.

The 24-year-old is frustrated by his lack of first-team football.

McGowan signed from Hamilton in the summer.

The Englishman had a string of options on both sides of the border but decided on Rugby Park.

McGowan, however, has only made two Premiership appearances for Killie this season, after being a standout at Accies.

Dyer has preferred to go with Ross Millen at right-back.

News emerged after McGowan was left on the bench again for Killie’s weekend win over former team Hamilton.

Former Accies team mates confirmed that the right-back is keen to move on to get regular first-team football and needs to be playing regularly at this stage in his career.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aaron-mcgowan-requests-shock-kilmarnock-22715914

Is that a genuine tweet and not that spoof Record one? If genuine don't know what to say. Thought the definition of being professional was to work hard in training and take your chance? The boy for whatever reason has had two chances and been mince. It's up to him to demonstrate he is worth a start, not throw his toys out the pram.

Edited by KenVaagen1984

Hardly came in and set the league on fire with his performances. Was gift wrapped a place when millen got sent off and made an a*se of it. Then gets over looked for the 4th choice CB, says more about him than anything else. Billy big bollocks attitude coming and has been found out by the looks of it

Gallus as f**k on arrival. Zeno played his first ever professional game out of position in front of McGowan. He needs a boot in the arse as he should be able to keep Millen etc out the team. But by all accounts Millen has been working hard and been pretty solid so far. 8 games and wants to chuck it is embarrassing.

The fact it’s Scott Burns in paper suggests it’s true. But seems they have leaked it to probably gauge interest.

Edited by Souleycouley93

Fullback situation is a bit of a joke. I’d guess McGowan and Haunstrup we’re both lured here as first choices. Neither have been given a sustained run. McGowan was rightly dropped after two poor outings but has watched the position be handed back to Millen despite Rossi’s performance. That being the same Millen who let the team down vs St Johnstone. Neither fullback have been outstanding but Dyers blind loyalty keeps them in the team. 

Having said that. To ask to leave this early is a joke. Stick it out and prove your worth

Surely not. That's embarrassing if true. Fair enough he expected to be first choice. Millen has surprised everybody... but with all due respect to Ross, we're not talking about Dani Alves. The position is there to be won. I hate slating players after a few games but McGowan has been p*sh when given the opportunity. It's up to him to turn that around

Shows how much of a professional he really is. Going in a huff and wanting to leave rather than to fight for his spot.

I personally would like to see McGowan but Millen has been excellent bar his red. And even Rossi has performed better at right back than McGowan.

I hope Dyer doesn't drop Millen to accommodate McGowan just now. If he wants to play work for it dont throw your toys out the pram.

Strange timing with the cup games coming up. You would think the opportunity is there to prove himself and win the shirt. Same goes for Haunstrup who has looked good in the glimpses we have had.

If he's the type of guy to just throw in the towel after a handful of games and admit he's not as good as Millen then he's not the type of player I thought we were getting anyway.

Bar Millens moment of madness he's never really let us down. Always has a solid decent enough performance, very rarely does he do anything hugely impressive but very rarely does he make a mistake. Combined with his good delivery I'll take those qualities in a full back all day long - it would be a shame to see him dropped on decent form because McGowan wants out.

Edited by Fletch

McGowan gave himself a lot to live up to with his pre season interview  - he was going to bring something extra to the team I seem to remember. I was surprised Millen started the first game but don't believe for a second that he was preferred due to his Dad. Thereafter Millen played well, had the red card aberration against St Johnstone and McGowan deputised like the boy in the pub league who is standing with a can of lager and a fag at the side of the park and gets the last 10. 

If there is truth in the story about him wanting to leave then.... dont let the door hit your arse on the way out

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

Not sure what to think of this one tbh. You dont go from being player of the year 2 years running to s**te overnight.

Whether he means to or not, Andy Millen is always going to favour Ross.

Hope McGowan can turn it round but I'm.not convinced of hes made these comments.

Andy Millen isnt the  manager. Alex Dyer picks the team its his call. 

Also is plainly obvious that bar one bad decision Millen has hardly put a foot wrong. McGowan on the other hand managed to look like and absolute haddy when give the chance. The fact that he was overlooked against Dundee Utd for the forth choice center back playing his first professional game speaks volumes. 

I hope the lad can learn and up his game but if hes spitting the dummy already then I canne see it. 

Edited by cammy_boy