Covid positive tests

C4mmy31

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

The beaks have previous   anyone remember the 7-0 game at the tattie dome where we had a flu outbreak and they forced us to play because we have enough registered players.  Oh aye but 6 of them were left backs!

A few weeks later the OF had a game off because they had 3 away on international duty!!!

Was that the game early January 1997 when it was actually a re-arranged game following a postponement when Ceptic had players on international duty?  Clip below says 11 players out ill and/or injured.

Just now, Bigdodge said:

Was that the game early January 1997 when it was actually a re-arranged game following a postponement when Ceptic had players on international duty?  Clip below says 11 players out ill and/or injured.

yep, garry tallon  proving he was absolutely pish to boot.

Utter hypocrisy from the beaks as usual.

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

Can see us forced into playing the youth team against Falkirk next week with the slight possibility of integrating the six positive tested players after their 10day isolation period for the next cup games

If the full squad are being forced to self isolate for 10 to 14 days, they can't force us to play against the medical advice...

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Can see us forced into playing the youth team against Falkirk next week with the slight possibility of integrating the six positive tested players after their 10day isolation period for the next cup games

I would not have an issue with the youths playing. Its a diddy cup that should have been mothballed for this year anyway, Regardless of the financial implications. And I know that would have hurt a lot of clubs but the whole country is affected financially in someway.

The extra dates could then have been used to catch up if league games were postponed for health reasons.

Playing the youths will also give them experience they would not normally get.

2 hours ago, Barbinho said:

"As any flu is a Coronavirus". Dearie, dearie me. Have a word with yourself. I'm getting heartily sick of how thick some people are. 

Check your medical science before posting abusive drivel. If you read my post I am not downplaying COVID-19 at all, but all flus are scientifically a type of coronavirus. Spanish FLU was a coronavirus, Hong Kong FLU was a coronavirus and both were deadly pandemics. Some coronaviruses are just not as virulent or deadly as others. Most coronaviruses thankfully have a much shorter incubation period and serial period than COVID-19. Happy now?

2 minutes ago, Bigdodge said:

I would not have an issue with the youths playing. Its a diddy cup that should have been mothballed for this year anyway, Regardless of the financial implications. And I know that would have hurt a lot of clubs but the whole country is affected financially in someway.

The extra dates could then have been used to catch up if league games were postponed for health reasons.

Playing the youths will also give them experience they would not normally get.

They'd get royally pumped. Not good experience. 

5 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

If the full squad are being forced to self isolate for 10 to 14 days, they can't force us to play against the medical advice...

The youths haven’t been near RP though have they? Only those in the first team squad by the sound of it would have to isolate. The issue may come if senior players are helping with coaching. Those testing positive have to isolate for ten days? First three could be available by Saturday next week?

1 minute ago, BluenwhiteARMY said:

Incredible the response from other fans on social media. Asking for consistency but also saying we should match forfeit? What has that been consistant with so far this season? If the spfl want us to play our under 21 side then go for it, as long as it keeps all health care professionals on twitter satisfied. 

The SPFL don't know what they want, other than to keep picking up massively over-inflated salaries and keep getting Christmas cards from Messrs Lawell and [don't even know who the SevCo one is these days!]...

It's farcical that they rescheduled the euros for 2021 in any case. Was always going to be a packed in year with cancellations galore. Common sense should have allowed as much time as possible for club seasons to be completed, with euro 2020 taking place some other time when all is said and done and it could be arranged properly. 

Also agree with the poster above re the league cup. Take it out of the seasons calendar, give as much time as possible for league seasons to be completed.