Covid positive tests

C4mmy31

19 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Relax. Worst case scenario is we’ll get a fine and a warning. 

That’s my thinking too.....Feel Doncaster today was trying more to portray a warning message to other clubs as well as portraying the image to Scottish government that Football authorities are in charge and doing all they can

.....as his worst case scenario is more outbreaks in squads leading to more games getting postponed due to Health board decisions and not down to football authorities 

Edited by Scouser2

Surely the League Cup 'rules' regarding not being able to field a team results in a 0-3 defeat were written 'pre' Covid? If indeed they were, then to impose them in the midst of the current situation is ridiculous...As others have said there are clear free midweek dates in which we could fulfill these two matches....in fact at a push we could probably play one on a Monday night and the other on the Wednesday of the same week if need be, just to fulfill them 'properly'. Also, we get hammered for not being able to field a team here, yet the lower League clubs don't even have to undergo pre-match 'tests'!

Clearly as things stand at the moment, we are out of the competition-as there is no way that we can make up the points from either a 0-3 forfeit, or the youth team getting hammered (in all likelihood). Therefore I don't see any point in trying to play the other 3 group matches, unless.....the SPFL somehow grew a pair, recognised that these are exceptional circumstances and allow us to reschedule these two matches for a later midweek (I would also argue for this, if it was any other club in the same situation).

It might be the 'lesser' of the two Cups we can take part in, but to be knocked out without even kicking a ball...

Edited by Jedi2

Also, imagine the scenario...the LC Final is an OF match this season. Week leading up to it, 4 or 5 Celtic players test positive.(or vice-versa)..first team squad is told to isolate for 14 days. Outcome....Celtic have to either field their youth team in the Final, or hand the trophy to Rangers, as according to Doncaster's logic-you couldn't reschedule the game, as dates aren't available.....Chances of that situation happening?

Edited by Jedi2

When you think about - if that f**k faced wankpiece does dock us points or give opponents a 3-0 win, he could be digging his own grave. Imagine if same happened to SevCo or Sellick in their ‘special’ season and he was forced to take same action. They would crucify him, probably literally... 

Edited by KenVaagen1984

52 minutes ago, dasboag said:

I loathe to be indulging in 'whataboutery' in this thread, but this is a great point.  

Aren't the lower league teams only testing when playing Premiership teams?? Ross County are paying for their opponents tests. Alloa had to test before playing us in the friendly the other week

20 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

The combined intellects of Willie Miller and Neil Mcann discussing a global public health crisis was utter ear cancer. The continual whataboutery "but, but how is it ah can go the pictures but no the the fitba" is moronic. 

Thankfully didn't hear it, but these types of statements are now given increasing validation because of governments' unwillingness to just make some difficult choices.  We either lockdown or don't - we all know this current limbo is killing the economy and doing nothing to prevent the spread. 

Two perfect examples are that folk can go to the cinema to see streamed EPL matches, and I read that the new series of Taskmaster was filmed on a closed set, but then screened in a cinema so they could record a laughter track.  Pure nonsense.

I'm pretty cautious about all this, but either close cinemas, or open theatres and stadia

Edited by dasboag

5 minutes ago, dasboag said:

Two perfect examples are that folk can go to the cinema to see streamed EPL matches, and I read that the new series of Taskmaster was filmed on a closed set, but then screened in a cinema so they could record a laughter track.  Pure nonsense.

I'm pretty cautious about all this, but either close cinemas, or open theatres and stadia

100 % this. 

Surely its more of a risk watching football in a cinema than in the outdoor environment of a stadium.

FA Cup qualifiers today at Sheppey and Warrington had fans yet Warrington is being placed in lockdown measures.

WTF?

9 minutes ago, dasboag said:

Thankfully didn't hear it, but these types of statements are now given increasing validation because of governments' unwillingness to just make some difficult choices.  We either lockdown or don't - we all know this current limbo is killing the economy and doing nothing to prevent the spread. 

Exactly what Richaway has been saying 

I've no problem with the League Cup decision. The rules were clear when we entered the competition.

Yes, there are a few spare dates but why should other clubs be disadvantaged? What if they couldn't field a team on the re-arranged date?

We field a youth team and move on, without complaint.

29 minutes ago, Blackislekillie said:

I work in the NHS with vulnerable patients and if it was left to me I'd close down rather than open up until there's a vaccine. Clearly that isn't an option economically therefore choices have to be made. I miss the football as much as anyone but the constant whining from the f**ktards employed by the national broadcaster are beyond bearable now. 

Of course you would close down, you would still get paid. With all due respect the NHS have hardly been overwhelmed 

There are suggestions Doncaster is trying to send a message to Scottish Government with his statements about us. Surely he has access to Ministers and do he could do the politics privately rather than making public threats and insinuations about our club? 

There's a strong argument that he has already prejudiced any enquiry into Killie which is contrary to the rules of natural justice. I know that'll be an alien concept to these people based on their track record but it still applies. 

3 hours ago, Skora11 said:

The precedent was set with Aberdeen and Celtic players. If Killie need to forfeit the 3 points because of this it’s a complete joke. 

However, if it’s not the individual players that didn’t follow the correct protocol but the club themselves then that may very well be a different story.

The precedent was set with the Rangers playing a game without the results of the tests...but that was swept under the carpet...

5 hours ago, piffer said:

Should the club be issuing a statement on this? How can we expect a fair and unbiased investigation when Doncaster is passing comment without hearing all the evidence. Take the fight to these clowns. Proactive not reactive. 

Thats the done thing for SEVCO, issue multiple statements and threats then it gets swept under the carpet . I wonder if we have a dossier on Doncaster and Co, maybe we could ask for their heads. It's a total joke now. You just know we are going to get punished when the sheep and septic get away scot free. Laughing stock yet again!

29 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

There's a strong argument that he has already prejudiced any enquiry into Killie which is contrary to the rules of natural justice. I know that'll be an alien concept to these people based on their track record but it still applies. 

For this reason I feel the club should be proactive and respond ASAP. We are entitled to a fair hearing and that doesn’t look like happening. Call him out.