Covid positive tests

C4mmy31

5 minutes ago, DAVE_T said:

Tactical ploy ? is this a tactical ploy by the club ?  Play the clubs and lets say they lose 6 / 7 -0 and we fight and win the rest and top spot comes down to goal difference, losing 0-3 could be the better result  

The next game is still within the quarantine period though. Unlikely to get dispensation to move it so likely same scenario. Six points from remaining two games isn't going to be enough to qualify. 

8 minutes ago, DAVE_T said:

Tactical ploy ? is this a tactical ploy by the club ?  Play the clubs and lets say they lose 6 / 7 -0 and we fight and win the rest and top spot comes down to goal difference, losing 0-3 could be the better result  

What the lowest total a team has gotten out League cup group with? We are handing Falkirk and most probably Dunfermline an advantage. Even if we score big victories in the last two games there is no guarantee we’ll even finish second in the group

Dunfermline game if on the 13th and is you prove a pos to covid is it not 10 days so all 6 players possibly back by the 11th, only issue being coaching staff but MacDonald has done a great job before ?

sorry if I'm wrong but the best of 2 bad scenarios is a 0-3 defeat 

Edited by DAVE_T

8 minutes ago, DAVE_T said:

Dunfermline game if on the 13th and is you prove a pos to covid is it not 10 days so all 6 players possibly back by the 11th, only issue being coaching staff but MacDonald has done a great job before ?

Depends who the six players were and the squad balance it would give us. Were the six players Broadfoot, Findlay, Power, Tshibola, Dicker and Kabamba then that may be a spine we could build around with some youths. If the six didn’t provide a spine to the team or a decent balance then chances of victory would be as slim as just playing the kids. 

10 minutes ago, DAVE_T said:

From what was reported about Trump is 7-9 days in Covid problems arise, so is probably difficult for them to project ahead.

Aside from that, has it was classed as a workplace outbreak, so is a 14 day isolation standard procedure.

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Just expected a bit more from us than silence and acceptance. We were setting the standards not long ago now we are back in the box with the St Mirrens and Hamilton’s 

Dyer stated none of the u18s had any reserve, let alone first team experience.

I trust the managers decision on what would be men against boys.

THe 14 day isolation of the squad wasn’t a football decision , being made by the Ayrshire and Arran health board, so you’re wrong about comparisons with  the ‘diddy teams’ mentioned - IMO anyway!

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Just expected a bit more from us than silence and acceptance. We were setting the standards not long ago now we are back in the box with the St Mirrens and Hamilton’s 

To what end? Completely pointless fight about rules the clubs agreed to just to show that we have some "balls"? With all the problems facing football and all that is going on in the world I couldn’t care less about that. We've taken a sensible stance and Dyer has spoken eloquently about why - all the reaction I'm seeing tonight from outwith the club is positive and understanding. 

So is it only Dyers decision? If so why? I would have preferred to hear from James Fowler, Paul McDonald or the coach who got the team to the youth cup final and works with them regularly. Did they get a say in all this. There has been a lot of talk about the youth players, the pathway for them and how they will secure the clubs long term future. We have a chance to give the boys a senior game With little or no pressure and haven’t taken it. 

12 hours ago, gjkillie007 said:

It's only the s**tty League cup. In the grand scheme of things who cares? Let's just hope everyone infected gets well soon

Each club gets £20,000 just for competing, don't know what the group winners get but the eventual winner gets £300,000. That's not taking into account what clubs can get through ppv. Carabao Cup winner in England gets £100,000, so yes, we should care about this competition. 

13 hours ago, DAVE_T said:

NHS Ayrshire & Arran Public Health, the Scottish Government, East Ayrshire Council and the footballing authorities, our entire first-team squad have been advised to self-isolate until October 14.

Whilst I'm disappointed about the Betfred games, I'm not surprised.  Everyone knew the rules before they started and being unable to play would mean a 3-0 defeat by forfeit.

It's also unfair on the other teams in the group because Falkirk and Dunfermline have now got a 3pt lead on then before a ball is kicked.

We should just use the last couple of games as a means of trying new players and/or systems in a 'competitive' match.

44 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Whilst I'm disappointed about the Betfred games, I'm not surprised.  Everyone knew the rules before they started and being unable to play would mean a 3-0 defeat by forfeit.

It's also unfair on the other teams in the group because Falkirk and Dunfermline have now got a 3pt lead on then before a ball is kicked.

We should just use the last couple of games as a means of trying new players and/or systems in a 'competitive' match.

We haven’t forfeited the Dunfermline game yet and I’m pretty sure we’ll have at least 6 first team players eligible for that game. Those who test positive only need to self isolate for 10 days and that would end before the Dunfermline game. There is also the possibility that 2-3 players may not have been in contact with those who tested positive due to being given leave or being left out the squad or due to injury for that game and they would also be available.

1 hour ago, Monty1998 said:

Just read that Shaqiri at Liverpool has tested positive for COVID 19 meaning 3 positive results so far. 

Wonder how EPL will handle it??

Same as our lot? Seriously doubt it

This international break should not be happening in the current climate. Players travelling all around the world. 

At this rate I can see football being put on hold again.

30 minutes ago, Maverick11 said:

We haven’t forfeited the Dunfermline game yet and I’m pretty sure we’ll have at least 6 first team players eligible for that game. Those who test positive only need to self isolate for 10 days and that would end before the Dunfermline game. There is also the possibility that 2-3 players may not have been in contact with those who tested positive due to being given leave or being left out the squad or due to injury for that game and they would also be available.

NHS Ayrshire & Arran Public Health, the Scottish Government, East Ayrshire Council and the footballing authorities, our entire first-team squad have been advised to self-isolate until October 14.