Covid chat (split from Brexit)

Beaker71

On 9/13/2021 at 7:59 PM, cammy_boy said:

You genuinely think we are still at the stage of throwing the elderly to the lions? We went through lockdowns to give time to get vacancies out.....for the elderly and ill. We made sure they were all double jagged. 

If any restrictions are in place they should be so for everyone. Every business in every walk of life. Lets see the support for such things when they are targeted at everyone. 

You say people are dismissing measures to suit their own agenda. Seems to me that its easy to say such restrictions are no hardships when they aren't affected. 

Also I think its a bit s**t to think that young people haven't lost out on some of the best times of their life's. I had that you had that and the "auld yins" had it! This isnt about just the old anymore (which it certainly was until the spring) its about everyone. 

Essentially you want restrictions to remains as long as covid is around and that based on what we know of other similar diseases will be forever. 

Your delusional if you think arbitrary measures in an otherwise open society will make any significant difference. 

I don't consider myself delusional. I'm saying take precautions  as winter approaches. Your view is any such measures pointless and that says it all. Let it rip. Hope you don't get affected. 

14 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I don't consider myself delusional. I'm saying take precautions  as winter approaches. Your view is any such measures pointless and that says it all. Let it rip. Hope you don't get affected. 

What do you mean let it rip? Let it rip aould have been pre vaccination. Everyone who wants a vaccine will have had one by now. You keep going on about deaths from covid. Only 256 deaths people in the first half of the year out of way over 10k have been fully vacinated people. I don't have any specific info on those people but im willing to bet most of them weren't exactly in the best of heath. Whilst these are personal tragedies for those families these numbers show the vaccines are working.

Where is the point that you accept there is deaths that happen an cannot be prevented within reason? 

I get the impression you think im a heartless bastard who thinks f**k everyone. I can assure you thats not the case. But I am a pragmatist and your view is whilst with the best of intention and high in comparison not viable for moving forward from this. 

And I have been affected. Every single one of us has in varying ways. Whether its been job losses, working long hard hrs day on day to provide heath care food and vital services or suffered ill health or personal loss. We all have been affected. 

Right at the start of this my priority was my 89 year old gran and my parents in their 60's. Getting them to take things seriously was a nightmare. They were having their freedom's removed and it was very difficult for them but I had to work hard for them to listen. Now im more than satisfied they have a reasonable level of protection against this, not full proof but reasonable. Their chances of getting seriously ill and dying are more or less the same as they were before. Something is going to do it for all of us and I firmly believe that its now a personal decision how you live and what levels if risk are for you. These decisions shouldn't be foisted on everyone as a catch all for the few. People need to make personal informed decisions based on their own circumstances. 

I hope your well and don't think im having a go at you. Im not. Im having a go at a way of thinking. Your clearly a good guy wanting the best for everyone. As do I. 

16 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Where is the point that you accept there is deaths that happen an cannot be prevented within reason? 

That's an easy question to answer. That point is when the NHS can begin to focus on the enormous backlog that has built up in the last 18 months of routine procedures and cancer screening work. That is the point at which Corona virus will have acquired the same significance as seasonal flu. Given the backlog is continuing to build up we are clearly a long way from there.

This current "let it rip" policy is clearly driven by prioritising economic health over actual health. The subsequent reduction in the load on the elderly care sector is just an added bonus.

13 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

That's an easy question to answer. That point is when the NHS can begin to focus on the enormous backlog that has built up in the last 18 months of routine procedures and cancer screening work. That is the point at which Corona virus will have acquired the same significance as seasonal flu. Given the backlog is continuing to build up we are clearly a long way from there.

This current "let it rip" policy is clearly driven by prioritising economic health over actual health. The subsequent reduction in the load on the elderly care sector is just an added bonus.

How many people are turning up at hospitals because of the restrictions? People that have been scared to use health services for minor issues that are now major ones? GP's are not seeing patients people are presenting at a&e with problems that should be delt with by a gp or a nurse practitioner. 

Im sure Zorro could expand on that but surley much of the backlog is because of restrictions and not because of (now anyway) dealing with covid patients? 

Maybe im wrong. But im sure the best way of dealing with a backlog is not to create a bigger backlog. 

Also ask yourself how seasonal flu got to the stage it did? It certainly wasnt through constant lockdowns and harsh measures on people lifes. We used these means to get vaccines ready and administered. Flu never had vaccines until it had killed 100's of millions. Covid is already hitting that point. The people who are getting covid now are in the main the young who are generally natural immune, vaccinated people who are in the many n resistant to serious illness and the unvaccinated who in the main (obviously there are exceptions) have made a decision not to increase their protection levels so tough s**t. 

Edited by cammy_boy

3 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

How many people are turning up at hospitals because of the restrictions? People that have been scared to use health services for minor issues that are now major ones? GP's are not seeing patients people are presenting at a&e with problems that should be delt with by a gp or a nurse practitioner. 

Im sure Zorro could expand on that but surley much of the backlog is because of restrictions and not because of (now anyway) dealing with covid patients? 

Maybe im wrong. But im sure the best way of dealing with a backlog is not to create a bigger backlog. 

You may be right. I have had several texts from our surgery telling us that if we feel ill we should f**k off and not bother them. I got a text from the dentist 18 months ago saying "wel be in touch". Since then silence.

Whether this is a decision made at practice level or because of restrictions imposed by the Scottish Government I dont know. All I know is I do not have normal access to primary care.

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

You may be right. I have had several texts from our surgery telling us that if we feel ill we should f**k off and not bother them. I got a text from the dentist 18 months ago saying "wel be in touch". Since then silence.

Whether this is a decision made at practice level or because of restrictions imposed by the Scottish Government I dont know. All I know is I do not have normal access to primary care.

I think practices are probably getting away with it for now. But it must be heaping pressure onto hospitals who cant just say f off. 

58 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

What do you mean let it rip? Let it rip aould have been pre vaccination. Everyone who wants a vaccine will have had one by now. You keep going on about deaths from covid. Only 256 deaths people in the first half of the year out of way over 10k have been fully vacinated people. I don't have any specific info on those people but im willing to bet most of them weren't exactly in the best of heath. Whilst these are personal tragedies for those families these numbers show the vaccines are working.

I get the impression you think im a heartless bastard who thinks f**k everyone. I can assure you thats not the case. But I am a pragmatist and your view is whilst with the best of intention and high in comparison not viable for moving forward from this. 

And I have been affected. Every single one of us has in varying ways. Whether its been job losses, working long hard hrs day on day to provide heath care food and vital services or suffered ill health or personal loss. We all have been affected. 

Right at the start of this my priority was my 89 year old gran and my parents in their 60's. Getting them to take things seriously was a nightmare. They were having their freedom's removed and it was very difficult for them but I had to work hard for them to listen. Now im more than satisfied they have a reasonable level of protection against this, not full proof but reasonable. Their chances of getting seriously ill and dying are more or less the same as they were before. Something is going to do it for all of us and I firmly believe that its now a personal decision how you live and what levels if risk are for you. These decisions shouldn't be foisted on everyone as a catch all for the few. People need to make personal informed decisions based on their own circumstances. 

I hope your well and don't think im having a go at you. Im not. Im having a go at a way of thinking. Your clearly a good guy wanting the best for everyone. As do I. 

Cammy boy. I'm sorry. When I said Let it Rip, it seems to me this is what certainly the WM govt want and I did get the impression  from your responses. you were content with the approach of now doing nothing The txt below kind of shows where my leanings are on this: Anyway no offence to you either. We can have different views and I accept that.

"The aim of vaccine passports, supposed to come in at the end of the month, was to reduce Covid cases and avoid lockdowns.

But it was criticised by venues, some MPs and people who've not yet been vaccinated.

Laith Alobaidi tells Radio 1 Newsbeat the lack of a vaccine passport is "another blow to sick and disabled people, the most clinically vulnerable to Covid".

The 26-year-old lives with Crohn's Disease, and due to the medication he takes to manage his health, he's highly immunocompromised and clinically extremely vulnerable.

If there are precautions in place to make people like me feel safer, then definitely I would be less hesitant"

He's spent most of the last 18 months shielding, even when the guidelines have said it's safer to go outside.

"Many of us are used to being more cautious around catching viruses because we're more prone to it," he says.

Laith, from Devon, feels vaccine passports would make him feel more comfortable attending clubs and events.

"It would give me reassurance. And it feels like there aren't too many accommodations for the most vulnerable at events."

He says he's less likely to go to a club or large event following the government's change of mind.

"If I knew everybody there was vaccinated, it would make me feel safer.

'I feel very unsafe'

For 22-year-old Ana, the effect of Covid on the arts is why she wanted to see vaccine passports introduced.

She works part-time at a London theatre and feels anxious because of the close proximity of people - including some who may not be fully vaccinated.

"We are one of the industries that have been closed the longest, and have had to function on our own," the theatre student tells Newsbeat.

"If I sit in on a show, I have people next to me, they cough, they sneeze, they don't wear masks."

"It's quite a small theatre, the corridors are narrow, so in the interval when everyone rushes to the toilets, they're talking loudly and not wearing masks, I feel very claustrophobic and unsafe."

She's worried that if she gets the virus, it'll hurt her work and education.

"I don't get paid if I take time off and I'm at university so it would impact my studies."

And without a vaccine passport, she has no intention of going to a nightclub or festival "for a very long time".

For what its worth in response to the 26 year old with Crohn's. My sister in law has it. Bad enough to have had to have had major surgery with it. She had covid a few weeks ago. Double dunted. Felt like s**te for a week or so. Slept mostly. But the vaccine did its job and essentially reduced it to like the flu for her. She of course could have chosen to stay away from society for fear of serious illness but she chose otherwise. All im saying is people should be able to weigh up their options and make a choice. Lets face it a covid test isnt likely to be the first type of test after a night of successful clubbing ?

Anyways ill leave it at that and we'll see how things pan out. 

Oh aye and also my main grip with vaccine passports is that if they are designed to stoo covid spread then they have to be universal as far as im concerned. Singling out certain groups and businesses is out of order in my opinion. Im sure support wouldn't be as high if they were required for everyone going to any venue for any reason. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Hey Cammy. Had to pick my partner up from work tonite as she got a call saying her grandson tested positive and she was with him all night Monday babysitting. Anyway, we both tested negative tonite on LFT tests but it brings it closer to home. We got a gig next month and likely to be packed, hence my worrying. Anyway no offence Cammy and glad your lot OK. 

Had a similar experience tonight,guy a give a lift to work phoned at half 7 to say he’s tested positive!as for LFT tests my supervisor passed 2 of them as he felt ropey but had Covid all along 

Neil Doncaster standing up for all the clubs:

Scottish football clubs face 'considerable costs' over vaccine passports, says Neil Doncaster

Fans attending the biggest games in Scottish football from October 1 will be required to show proof of vaccination before being allowed in grounds.

Scottish football clubs will incur 'considerable additional costs' implementing the covid passport scheme from next month, Neil Doncaster has said.

The chief executive of the SPFL also revealed that discussions are ongoing with the Scottish Government about providing support to clubs to cover the costs.

From October 1, clubs that have more than 10,000 fans in their stadium will be required to ask supporters to show double vaccine certification.

Doncaster said the SPFL is concerned about the practicalities of delivering the scheme and said spot-checking is the only way it can be done.

Asking every fan to show a vaccine passport will see "considerable" costs for clubs, Doncaster said.

Speaking to MSPs on the covid recovery committee, Doncaster said: "In terms of stewarding, as has already been pointed out, there is a real shortage of security staff and stewards in the market.

"Creating an outer cordon, which is the only realistic way we believe of implementing such a spot checking scheme, clearly will require a great many more stewards.

"I've had discussions with a number of the clubs who have been involved, and they believe that the costs, purely in terms of stewarding and infrastructure, will be upwards of £5000 per game.

"That's before any technology costs and at the moment it's actually very difficult to put a finger on that, so there are significant costs per game.

"Wherever you've got a crowd that is likely to be over 10,000, any such game and that will involve Scottish FA and SPFL games as well, those games will require a large amount of additional stewards.

"Certainly at the moment it's not clear how easy it will be to find the stewards, the only certainty is that there will be considerable additional costs.

"We are in dialogue with Scottish Government officials as to what extent there may be support for those additional costs."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scottish-football-clubs-face-considerable-24997258

I noticed he had his social disorder speech dusted off the other day. The one he used when Sevco were punted to Division Two. Surely they could come up with a scheme where ST holders of the clubs liable to get over 10,000 just had to register once and that would be enough. If you're registered fully vaccinated there should be no requirement to prove it for every home game. Whatever the football authorities/Scottish Government do they've let it way too late to get it up and running by 1st October. 

33 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

Highest Covid cases in the UK and one of the highest in Europe.Terrible figures for a country with our population

https://news.stv.tv/scotland/scotland-continues-to-have-highest-level-of-covid-cases-in-the-uk

Was in Morrisons in Shrewsbury yesterday. Couldn't believe the amount of folk coughing and few with masks on. Could've been common cold but was vv noticeable and almost surreal as the weather been beautifu.. England prob won't be far behind at this rate. As far as Morrisons, Shrewsbury is concerned "ah'll no be back" (for a while). 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Double gallows would do it for me . 

Deary me.

The level of SNP baaad and pro brexit  Pro UK spin and prooaganda of the MSM has started to reach ludicrous proportions.

The deliberate misnaming of the SNP in both WM and outside is akso getting ridiculous.  Bodybag has been pulled uo 3 times and reprimanded by the speaker and continues to do it with apparent impunity.

The nonsense being spouted is full on, and WE havent even started campaining yet.  Unions days are numbered and the elite are in panic mode.

9 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Unions days are numbered and the elite are in panic mode.

Err not exactly. I would have said unionists have the MSM in their back pocket and neither Starmer nor Sturgeon can lay a glove on the Eton clown. He can swan off on holiday in the middle of an energy and supply chain crisis and the Land of Hope and Glory brigade think hes entitled to a wee break.

I am also a bit concerned at the amount of power the unelected Princess Nut Nut seems to wield.

Edited by gdevoy

5 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Err not exactly. I would have said unionists have the MSM in their back pocket and neither Starmer nor Sturgeion can lay a glove on the Eton clown. He can swan off on holiday in the middle of an energy and supply chain crisis and the Land of Hope and Glory brigade think hes entitled to a wee break.

I am also a bit concerned at the amount of power the unelected Princess Nut Nut seems to wield.

That Eton tosser will be found out one day.

5 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Err not exactly. I would have said unionists have the MSM in their back pocket and neither Starmer nor Sturgeion can lay a glove on the Eton clown. He can swan off on holiday in the middle of an energy and supply chain crisis and the Land of Hope and Glory brigade think hes entitled to a wee break.

His second holiday in a month, this one at his pals Zac Goldsmiths pad so assume he is not paying owt. Priviledged cheating lying bastard. 

48 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Doesnt matter what I vote. I voted for the SNP at the last Holyrood election and nothing has changed.

Thats because people still vote Yoon.  Let me ask you IF every seat was won by the SNP at a GE and then again at the Holyrod elections.. do you beleive we would still be getting abused by WM?

32 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Thats because people still vote Yoon.  Let me ask you IF every seat was won by the SNP at a GE and then again at the Holyrod elections.. do you beleive we would still be getting abused by WM?

Did Thatcher not say is there was a majority of SNP MPs from Scotland then we could be independent? These clowns have a history of moving goal posts.