Covid chat (split from Brexit)

Beaker71

2 hours ago, Big sexy said:

How much more can they actually restricts us .next step would have to be national lockdown 

If schools and shops are still open it won’t be called a lockdown.  As for the national lockdown bit, there won’t be one of them either.  England is being split up into regions this week with a 3 tier traffic light warning system, central Manchester having 500 times more covid than rural Norfolk.  Suits the Tories who’ve set the artificial absolute deadline for Brexit talks on Friday, to have restrictions in place byThursday..

4 hours ago, Scooter said:

Maybe the point is, there are just as many patients in ICU today, as there was in March just before the national lockdown.

Be prepared for more restrictions.

There is nothing in the picture to indicate that. There is nothing in the picture to indicate anything really. Might as well have been a bus timetable for Norwich.

Of course there will be more restrictions. The last two weeks has had the SNP government leaking crap about 'circuit breakers', so that the actual restrictions brought in don't seem as bad. The Tories are now doing precisely the same thing down South.

I mean, something needs to be done.

Edited by Scooby_Doo

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

I'm not particularly restricted either ...unlike the lassies on the news the other nite who were aggrieved at the pubs shutting because, "it's really tough because it's such a part of the Scottish culture" ?

We must have the s**ttiest culture on the planet. It seems to consist of an unhealthy fascination with Irish history, blocking roads with marches and getting pished quicker and more often than anywhere else on earth. 

Edited by Zorro

23 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

There is nothing in the picture to indicate that. There is nothing in the picture to indicate anything really. Might as well have been a bus timetable for Norwich.

You didn’t look at the picture and feel some concern? You didn’t wonder what that department might be doing if they didn’t have COVID to keep them busy? You didn’t recognise that in normal times there’s usually a high demand for ICU beds? You didn’t wonder where those patients are now? 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

You didn’t look at the picture and feel some concern? You didn’t wonder what that department might be doing if they didn’t have COVID to keep them busy? You didn’t recognise that in normal times there’s usually a high demand for ICU beds? You didn’t wonder where those patients are now? 

Apart from anything else there are a load of routine surgeries they wont do without several ICU beds free in case things go south.

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

We must have the s**ttiest culture on the planet. It seems to consist of an unhealthy fascination with Irish history, blocking roads with marches and getting pished quicker and more often than anywhere else on earth. 

My friend used to be a teacher in the east end of Glasgow. Sone of hIs pupils could not understand how he could have had a good night out if he could remember what had happened.

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

And we can't even find a decent culture to be colonised by except w****rs! ?

An awful lot of what we see as pur drinking culture is a result of the poverty and deprivation which our country endured over the years of the union  but the whole north of England is no different.

It was an escape and a community activity for decades.  But were not the only nation who have this issue  however the media often paint it as so.

The marches and obsession with Ireland is a unionist construct which we must tackle and eradicate.   The relationahip with drink needs realigned to one of enjoyment and not excess being the purpose.  That takes a hell of a long time and a lot of education.

Edited by Beaker71

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

Concern? No, there isn't enough information for that. I don't know if that's enough to keep them busy or not. I don't know the capacity of that ICU. I don't know what else is on that board. I don't even know if it is from the ICU that the poster claims it is from.

Point is, there is no context to that photo, and until we get that, it's meaningless.

12 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

And?

Sorry- perhaps I should have given this more context. This is eight COVID-19 patients in a thirty patient unit, in an area of England that hasn't been affected to the same extent as the north west and north east.

I thought that this was significant. Models for hospital admissions in the north west suggest that in three weeks they will be affected proportionally the same as London was on March 23rd. We're not even in to winter yet. 

7 hours ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

Sorry- perhaps I should have given this more context. This is eight COVID-19 patients in a thirty patient unit, in an area of England that hasn't been affected to the same extent as the north west and north east.

I thought that this was significant. Models for hospital admissions in the north west suggest that in three weeks they will be affected proportionally the same as London was on March 23rd. We're not even in to winter yet. 

Thanks.

Is that reflected across London, or local to that hospital catchment area?

6 hours ago, chubbs said:

They've activated 3 of the Nightingale hospitals in the North of England (Manchester, Harrogate & Sunderland) and told them to get ready to accept patients as they expect to need them in the next few weeks.

Not before time, it has to be that we have all Heart, Stroke, Cancer and Covid cases separated whilst still being attended to, do we have the staff available?