Motherwell Match Forfeit - Appeal Successful

Allan

An SPFL statement read: "The SPFL has today announced that disciplinary proceedings have been commenced against Kilmarnock FC. It is alleged that Kilmarnock FC breached the SPFL's Covid-19 Regulations during the lead-up to their postponed League Match v Motherwell FC on Friday, 2 October."

A sub-committee of the SPFL board will discuss the allegations at a hearing led by an independent chair, with a date to be announced in "due course".

I see St. Mirren off again and all this started when we played them. Not blaming them in any way and I don't know what the alleged breach is but we do seem to be singled out. Certainly not being supported by the powers that be are we? Could make a farce of the whole season and God help them if it's one rule for twisted sisters and another for smaller clubs! 

1 minute ago, Harrogate Peter said:

I see St. Mirren off again and all this started when we played them. Not blaming them in any way and I don't know what the alleged breach is but we do seem to be singled out. Certainly not being supported by the powers that be are we? Could make a farce of the whole season and God help them if it's one rule for twisted sisters and another for smaller clubs! 

Or what, we'll hold our breath until we die ?  They don't care about the "wee" clubs, they only care about the "jewel in the crown" as Doncaster described Celtic v Sevco. 

It will need to be a significant breach for us to be singled out, as there has been other cases that have set the precedent. If the breach was so severe I am sure people would know by  now. No way will the club just roll over accept a more sever penalty than other clubs. 

It’s all now a procedural matter Doncaster , er SPFL feel they must see through however long it takes or costs to prove a point ....however aimless and lacking any credence in the current Covid circumstances that point is ....only real winners again will be lawyers 

Top level clubs are paying out huge sums for the weekly testing of squads as well as all the other costs of making grounds and training centres Covid secure......with clubs struggling for money and many running up huge overdrafts it’s kinda ironic SPFL can somehow easily find money for all these disciplinary investigations and legal battles ......and there will be many more over this winter ......also fact lower leagues are allowed to play without any routine testing , opens up more questions about then how will any action be taken against them ?

Unless there is absolute evidence our club broke a number of protocols we will end up at worse with a fine , which will probably be suspended pending any further so called breaches of protocol by the club .....

But IMO there is also the strong chance our club with a solid legal case could given a fair hearing come out of this with no real punishment at all ....

Edited by Scouser2

I would assume different leagues have different protocols in place and we are obviously adhering to, or trying to, the Premier League one so I don’t think the lower league argument holds water.
There is obviously something the investigation has uncovered that we are now required to answer but if we learned anything from the SSC era, it’s the benefit of employing a top class QC to fight our corner. it is vitally important we present a strong and determined case to ensure we are not stitched up on this. 

I’d start things off by banning Doncaster from RP. No doubt he’ll want to be there for the Sevco game. “No non essential travel” is a term we see used a lot. It’s not essential that he is at the game or any game for that matter. On top of that it wouldn’t be proper for him to enjoy Killie's hospitality(however limited it is with Covid) when he is on the opposing side of a disciplinary case. 

1 minute ago, skygod said:

If there’s no evidence we broke protocol rules I hope we would be exonerated! 

Your on the bevvy early I see.  I have ZERO faith in the SPFL, we’ve seen nothing to indicate equality or fairness in anything they do.  Everything reeks of bias and vindictiveness, driven by the OF glove puppet at the top 

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

I suspect it will be up to us to prove we followed the rules. I really canny see St Midden doing that. Why are we getting a kicking and they are immune. I smell something mingin here.

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

Meant more in regard to if evidence of more than one instance of any such protocol breach,

has anything been publicly reported yet as to what the protocol (s) the club has allegedly broken?

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

Aberdeen and Celtic both got fines with some of it suspended.

anything different given to us and we should have every right to fight it.

st mirren Hamilton game is off at weekend aswell. Wonder if they will get a similar “investigation”?

This is what I can’t understand. Why didn’t both of them have to forfeit their games where it was clear their players had breached the rules? Why is our situation any different? Why can’t we just pay £30k like they did? 

so the health board that now has effectively put st mirren into isolation after two outbreaks of COVID 19 get people to go to st. mirren park for flu jag, so what chance do football clubs really have in stopping this infecting there playing staff, so what next if we get a positive do we stay quiet and fail to report in fear of more investigations & fines against us

10 minutes ago, historyman said:

This is what I can’t understand. Why didn’t both of them have to forfeit their games where it was clear their players had breached the rules? Why is our situation any different? Why can’t we just pay £30k like they did? 

Maybe I’m wrong here but don’t think the Aberdeen/Celtic players in question, even though they had transgressed the

“bubble” rule, we’re tested as positive. Think that’s the difference. 

I wonder is the stance of the SPFL would have been different if we had been the 1st to fall foul of the COVID situation ? 
The fact it was Aberdeen and Celtic , and the institutions obvious reluctance to punish them , has left them on a cleft stick. Do they come down hard on us now or rein in on the punishment ? Unless it’s been a blatant breach of the protocols that can be proven beyond doubt and can be medically traced as such then I predict a stern warning , no more .