Motherwell Match Forfeit - Appeal Successful

Allan

3 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Maybe it’s me that’s got this wrong but we have been punished for flouting social distancing rules which we should have taken steps to have in place and as a result of failing to do so it’s likely that is where the positive cases came from, maybe not but probably so and the outcome was the game v Motherwell had to be postponed. 

I don’t want to see my club punished and the punishment given is harsh but your opinions seem to be very one sided. Anyone who has eaten out or been on public transport in the last few months knows the social distancing and wearing of masks protocol. Why should it it be any different for gatherings of football players.... unless they were under the impression that weekly tests at the club meant they no longer had to abide by these.

I’m no fan of Doncaster but we have been (excessively) punished for breaking the rules and endangering others and the club needs to learn and move on.

So you agree that we have been excessively punished but you’re just prepared to accept it and move on. 

From my side I can’t accept the unfairness of a sanction that was rejected outright by the clubs twice, is not welcomed by the fans polls that I have seen, in my opinion has not been applied fairly to all the clubs involved, in no way has a positive impact on the sporting integrity of the league and doesn’t help the clubs in any way. 

Each to his own I suppose.  

16 minutes ago, Mcd said:

No other league is blinkered / niave enough to punish its members during a pandemic. No wonder so many people view the Scottish game as an absolute joke. I for one am completely scunerred following yesterday's decision. 

Milan: Napoli are to appeal the 3-0 defeat and one-point deduction imposed by the Italian league on Wednesday for failing to turn up for their Serie A clash at Juventus earlier this month because of two coronavirus cases.

The Serie A disciplinary commission ruled that there had been no "force majeure" preventing Napoli from travelling despite two players testing positive and the team in isolation.

"Napoli have always respected the rules and the law," the team said on Twitter. "(The team) confidently awaits the outcome of the appeal, firmly believing in justice."

Gennaro Gattuso's side maintained they had to remain in Naples on local health authority instructions after Eljif Elmas and Piotr Zielinski tested positive, and could not travel to Turin on 4 October.

Serie A ruled "the complaint lodged by Napoli regarding the legality of the match is to be considered inadmissible" as the team had not done everything necessary to respect the protocol.

Napoli had requested a postponement, but Juventus continued to prepare for the match as normal with the game eventually abandoned 45 minutes after its scheduled start time.

8 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Why did the club not follow social distancing is the only question here.

Its our own fault  

The club were following social distancing protocols, the most up to date protocols as issued by the government, in cases of bus transportation and in hospitality 1m was deemed sufficient enough by the government to be acceptable. Why that isn't good enough for the SPL I have no idea. If anything we should get advised, not hauled over the coals.

I don't think many of you are reading between the lines here, the protocols that we were following are the same as the protocols that all the other clubs were following, we've only been punished for it because it got flagged due to our outbreak, an outbreak that no one knows where started from, someone caught it elsewhere and brought it in, that's how these things work.

The punishment dealt here is a complete and utter joke, as someone said earlier, if anything we should have been deducted points and told to get the fixture played - that's not happened because of alleged fixture congestion, something else they've just made up as they went along that bears no semblance to the truth.

Edited by boaby

5 minutes ago, Garvis said:

Have you actually read anything about the social distancing measures that the club followed ?

yes they didn't follow the 2 metre rule!!!!!! Have you read the report. 

We breached the regulations 6 players or so ended up with covid out of a squad of 25 i think. 

I'm sure the spfl hasn't punished us for nothing it has to be that we spread covid. If all rules are followed(to the letter) Covid cant spread that easily 

18 minutes ago, GCM said:

We never got the option.

We requested a postponement from the SPFL.

The entire first team squad was self-isolating.

We didn’t have enough players to play the fixture.

What option was available?  If AD wasn’t willing to play the youths against Falkirk on 6 October he wasn’t going to field them against Motherwell on 2 October. 

2 minutes ago, boaby said:

The club were following social distancing protocols, the most up to date protocols as issued by the government, in cases of bus transportation and in hospitality 1m was deemed sufficient enough by the government to be acceptable. Why that isn't good enough for the SPL I have no idea. If anything we should get advised, not hauled over the coals.

I don't think many of you are reading between the lines here, the protocols that we were following are the same as the protocols that all the other clubs were following, we've only been punished for it because it got flagged due to our outbreak, an outbreak that no one knows where started from, someone caught it elsewhere and brought it in, that's how these things work.

The punishment dealt here is a complete and utter joke, as someone said earlier, if anything we should have been deducted points and told to get the fixture played - that's not happened because of alleged fixture congestion, something else they've just made up as they went along that bears no semblance to the truth.

Because the club have to follow the 2 metre rule. Doesn't matter what public transport or restaurants were doing. 

The club know it was 2 metres its in black and white for them. 

Just now, andy123 said:

yes they didn't follow the 2 metre rule!!!!!! Have you read the report. 

We breached the regulations 6 players or so ended up with covid out of a squad of 25 i think. 

I'm sure the spfl hasn't punished us for nothing it has to be that we spread covid. If all rules are followed(to the letter) Covid cant spread that easily 

We followed the protocol for travel and the same protocol as the hospitality when having their meal  which if i'm not mistaken is 1m distance.

Just now, andy123 said:

Because the club have to follow the 2 metre rule. Doesn't matter what public transport or restaurants were doing. 

The club know it was 2 metres its in black and white for them. 

You don't half talk some s**te boyo. Government legislation overrules SPL protocols every day of the week and our club could fight this case on the basis of that. If the goverment strictly enforced the 2m rule and the SPL protocols said it was 5m do you think that's what would happen? Stupid boy.

10 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

It's really not when the punishment is not on par with other situations. SPFL have created more questions with their explanations for the decision.

We were in the wrong, that's not in dispute.

OK thank you somebody finally admitting the club was wrong and fecked up.

Either 3 nil loss or a fine would had been a better punishment not both 

1 minute ago, boaby said:

You don't half talk some s**te boyo. Government legislation overrules SPL protocols every day of the week and our club could fight this case on the basis of that. If the goverment strictly enforced the 2m rule and the SPL protocols said it was 5m do you think that's what would happen? Stupid boy.

Ignore the hun, only appears when trouble is brewing and always takes anyone's side but ours.

1 minute ago, boaby said:

Yes the club didn't break the law i agree with that. But clubs were told we they had to follow a 2 metre rule. So they broke the rules set out by the spfl

Just now, Garvis said:

If it's that clear in black and white why have the club asked for it to be made clearer for all the teams in the league.

Why did the club allegedly hide information from the investigation. 

Our board sometimes dont handle things the way they should. But let's not get into that debate

1 minute ago, andy123 said:

OK thank you somebody finally admitting the club was wrong and fecked up.

Either 3 nil loss or a fine would had been a better punishment not both 

Ah yes,  the good old 3-0 loss. The one rejected by the member clubs in TWO separate votes but which has now been imposed on Killie and St Mirren by Doncaster and his cronies. 
Just how on earth can that be interpreted as being in the best interests of the club when they rejected such a sanction twice is beyond me. And that’s even before his comments which clearly seemed the club guilty before the investigation are taken into account.  

I’m sure any half decent lawyer would wipe the floor with them in an appeal. 

3 minutes ago, Dazza said:

Ignore the hun, only appears when trouble is brewing and always takes anyone's side but ours.

Like to know how I can possibly be a hun when I was defending celtic earlier!!!!!

As posted earlier Mighty Leeds and killie my teams. 

Thankfully got to the last Leeds game against Huddersfield before they stopped fans. 

Leeds Leeds Leeds

Just now, historyman said:

Ah yes,  the good old 3-0 loss. The one rejected by the member clubs in TWO separate votes but which has now been imposed on Killie and St Mirren by Doncaster and his cronies. 
Just how on earth can that be interpreted as being in the best interests of the club when they rejected such a sanction twice is beyond me. And that’s even before his comments which clearly seemed the club guilty before the investigation are taken into account.  

I’m sure any half decent lawyer would wipe the floor with them in an appeal. 

in that case we will overturn it then 

3 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Why did the club allegedly hide information from the investigation. 

Our board sometimes dont handle things the way they should. But let's not get into that debate

Again you know this from where? Is that in the report? If so have the club responded to the allegation.  
Or is this just something else you fling around with no evidence to support it? 

2 minutes ago, boaby said:

The punishment dealt here is a complete and utter joke, as someone said earlier, if anything we should have been deducted points and told to get the fixture played - that's not happened because of alleged fixture congestion, something else they've just made up as they went along that bear no semblance to the truth.

It's a bit like driving along the part of dual carriageway in Kilmarnock that has a 50mph speed limit. Probably 50% of drivers ignore the speed limit, but if you get done for speeding saying "but everybody else ignores the speed limit" is no defence and you are going to get fined. I don't think we can fight the charge since we admitted we broke SPFL rules even though other clubs were operating the same way we were. The only thing we can fight is the severity of sentence. 

Noticeable that the ruling was released yesterday when it got lost in the media due to Celtic and Sevco playing and in the aftermath of their games in the press today.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

Document 71?

It looks more like cock-up than conspiracy.

The SPFL had a copy of it, albeit a draft, iirc. 

I said allegedly so possibly just paper talk.

It said St mirren players were sat to close together in the changing rooms. 

Little breaches but that's why covid is spreading cos majority of folk don't follow the rules. 

Not accusing anyone on here by the way but you only have to step outside to see people breaching them 

3 minutes ago, historyman said:

Again you know this from where? Is that in the report? If so have the club responded to the allegation.  
Or is this just something else you fling around with no evidence to support it? 

Its in the papers today saying we tried to hide information. 

Thats why I said allegedly as it may not be true. 

What is true is we broke the rules as the club admitted it. Doesnt matter what any other club has done we are guilty of breaking the rules.