Motherwell Match Forfeit - Appeal Successful

Allan

1 minute ago, historyman said:

Ah yes,  the good old 3-0 loss. The one rejected by the member clubs in TWO separate votes but which has now been imposed on Killie and St Mirren by Doncaster and his cronies. 

How can you not get the difference between a mandatory 3-0 forfeit for not fulfilling a fixture, which is what was voted on and rejected, and a 3-0 forfeit imposed after fault has been found?

It’s like the Falkirk league cup match. You can’t fulfil a fixture - you forfeit.

Motherwell in the league - you can’t fulfil the fixture, SPFL postpone pending an investigation. 

2 minutes ago, bute-killiefan said:

Conveniently ignored everything else. Proving my point. It's weird you seem to interested in burying your club.

Each to their own

I'm not my own club admitted they have fecked up!!!!!!

Folk on here trying to say we didn't break the 1 metre rule etc. 

Our rule was 2 metres all clubs knew about it and we have admitted wrong doing 

1 hour ago, GCM said:

Nine Dundee United players will miss their Scottish Premiership match at Livingston after being deemed close contacts of Covid-positive staff members.

Yet game still ON.

SPFL unreal

Were we ordered by the SPFL not to play or did we say we couldn’t fulfil the fixture? If the latter, DU have presumably taken a punt on getting a better than 0-3 result. Helps the richer clubs, of course, as they have bigger squads.

16 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Why did the club allegedly hide information from the investigation. 

Our board sometimes dont handle things the way they should. But let's not get into that debate

Ok it's time to pull on the big boy pants and tell everyone what the club "allegedly" try to hide from the investigation,

Since you seem to be in the know.

2 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

The tribunal report is on the SPFL website. People should download it, read it, then argue the toss, rather than quote small parts that the newspapers have lifted from it.

Thats why I said alleged.

Does it not say in the report we broke social distancing rules- I'm sure i read that in the report 

3 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Thats why I said alleged.

Does it not say in the report we broke social distancing rules- I'm sure i read that in the report 

Mr Milligan QC, for the club, accepted that there were these two clearly defined areas where there
were “issues” for the club.
He accepted that on the said bus trip to and from the fixture there was not adequate social
distancing, though he stated that everyone had been wearing masks during the journey.
He accepted that at the pre match meal the club had not ensured social distancing between those
utilising the facility whilst eating, by excessive numbers eating (and receiving coaching) at any one
table.

28 minutes ago, skygod said:

We requested a postponement from the SPFL.

The entire first team squad was self-isolating.

We didn’t have enough players to play the fixture.

What option was available?  If AD wasn’t willing to play the youths against Falkirk on 6 October he wasn’t going to field them against Motherwell on 2 October. 

According to the statement at the time

"NHS Ayrshire & Arran Test and Protect Team carried out COVID-19 contact tracing following the six confirmed positive tests at the club.

As a result, the club has been advised by the local Problem Assessment Group that the whole playing squad should self-isolate for a 14-day period."

My point is with a total of nine players being told to self isolate and 3/4 managerial staff, it appears that different rules apply with NHS Tayside. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Your entitled to your opinion but I think the penalty that has been imposed upon the club is an utter disgrace. 
We failed to fulfil a fixture during a global  pandemic. So f***ing what. 
The governing body should be trying to help clubs not bloody give them even more problems in probably their most difficult time since the Second World War.

But no, let’s punish them financially and by forfeiting games. That will really make things better and uphold the sporting integrity of the league. I honestly couldn’t think of the more stupid way for the SPFL to approach this. They have outdone themselves which is quite an achievement. 

Same goes for tomorrow - the Dundee Utd game should be postponed if they have so many players and the management team missing. Why not? What on earth is the big deal about playing a game at a later date? Instead they will have to field a much weakened team if they field a team at all. 

The whole thing beggars belief. Let’s punish clubs at precisely the team when they need the most support, help and understanding.  Brilliant strategy guys. 

There’s not much more I can say because obviously some Killie fans are on board with this approach. To me it’s basically self-harming your own sport. 

I don’t disagree with you that the punishment is OTT, I literally said that. 

I don’t agree with your view that we haven’t done anything wrong really and are no worse than Celtic/Aberdeen. That’s the point I was making. 

5 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Mr Milligan QC, for the club, accepted that there were these two clearly defined areas where there
were “issues” for the club.
He accepted that on the said bus trip to and from the fixture there was not adequate social
distancing, though he stated that everyone had been wearing masks during the journey.
He accepted that at the pre match meal the club had not ensured social distancing between those
utilising the facility whilst eating, by excessive numbers eating (and receiving coaching) at any one
table.

yes thats what I read. So we breached rules. 

not really sure why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about it. 

We got on the bus and ate at the hilton i think without the correct social distancing in place 

2 minutes ago, andy123 said:

We got on the bus and ate at the hilton i think without the correct social distancing in place 

Has it been said anywhere if this happened on one or different occasions?

No Hilton Hotel at Paisley or Glasgow Airport which rules out St Mirren on 26 September.

Aberdeen on 12 September then? Or Rangers on 22 August? Unlikely we would go into Glasgow city centre for lunch. 

A Dons supporter aggrieved at their being hauled over the coals whistle blowing? 

Or maybe, as Zorro suggested, discovered by test & trace.

23 hours ago, Dotaman said:

I don’t have an issue with us facing some sanction for this. It’s the nature of the sanction that is the problem. All of these games could have been played by now. We could have subsequently faced a fine or points deduction. Rewarding Motherwell with 6 points (+6 g.d) without them kicking a ball is perverse.

Looks like the club made mistakes but the punishment was too severe and no way should motherwell and hamilton benefit from this ,this was just to suck up to the Scottish Govt and they made an example of st mirren and ourselves

23 minutes ago, historyman said:

What a great season it will be if the champions, the runners-up, the European places and the relegation places are decided not on sporting merit but on which clubs have been lucky enough to avoid Covid outbreaks and subsequent forfeits  

That is exactly what we all speculated on at the start of the season. Plus, of course, whether the season would actually reach its natural conclusion this time.

We knew that all clubs would most likely be affected by the virus.

The alternative was that the season was abandoned which would have seen most clubs wiped out.

This season was always going to exceptional and subject to Covid 19.

What we maybe didn't expect was that the SPFL would be so punitive of affected clubs. Perhaps they didn't plan on being, but I think everything changed when some players acted like fannies and the FM went ballistic.

Edited by skygod