Motherwell Match Forfeit - Appeal Successful

Allan

• Lroy changed the title to Motherwell Match Forfeit - Appeal Successful
1 hour ago, bizza_89 said:

Motherwell fans are in meltdown. Some are rightly calling the SPFL a joke, but others are calling us and St Mirren cheats. It’s funny how when a club are in a relegation battle, the fans lose any semblance of fair play or sporting integrity. 

The original punishments were ridiculous. I’d like to think if it was the other way about, I would want the game decided on the pitch (and not against their youth team). 

Get it up them 

Don’t kid yerself - we’d be exactly the same if it was the other way round. 

14 hours ago, gjkillie007 said:

No, as I understand we are still guilty, just the punishment been reduced

My understanding is that, even if the complete sanction had been quashed, there is no provision for the appellant to be awarded costs.

In general, both sides bear their own costs but the tribunal can at their discretion make an award of costs against the appellant.

Edited by skygod

1 hour ago, bizza_89 said:

Motherwell fans are in meltdown. Some are rightly calling the SPFL a joke, but others are calling us and St Mirren cheats. It’s funny how when a club are in a relegation battle, the fans lose any semblance of fair play or sporting integrity. 

The original punishments were ridiculous. I’d like to think if it was the other way about, I would want the game decided on the pitch (and not against their youth team). 

Get it up them 

Cheats - they've a bloomin cheek. Short memories. 

Surely Doncasters position is untenable, what does he actually bring to the party, can't get a sponsorship deal, scared of Sky and the old firm. From my point he brings nothing but negativity, always hides behind 'the rules of the 42 clubs' and 'its a members organisation'. Nothing gets done, it's his job to manage the clubs to get agreement on issues such as the farce that was last summer. Yes it was a tough time but he showed no leadership. He clearly does not have the right personality for this. 

The fact he was so quick to alude to punish for covid beaches for us shows how scared he is of upsetting Sky if the season can't be completed. We need a strong leader who can actually negotiate with Sky and not be bullied. He is not representing anyone's interests apart from Celtic. 

2 hours ago, GCM said:

It may be in one respect if we do not get a result. It has cost the club a fair amount of money. The players now need to step up to the mark and get the result that makes it all worthwhile.

I see what you are saying, but disagree.

If we lose the game, by 3 - 0 or worse it may put us back to where we were (or worse) in the league table but that will be as a result of a fixture being decided on the park, the only place a game of football should be decided.

While today is a thoroughly deserved boot to the baws for Doncaster, I’m worried that he won’t face any further punishment for this, and because it’s just Killie and St Mirren it will be forgotten about in a few days. 

Aberdeen, Celtic and Dundee Untied have all had lower initial fines/no fines at all despite club breaches, proof that even with our reduced punishment we are still being shafted.

As we’ve seen, bullies hate it when someone stands up to them and as much as we would all rather be focusing on the football itself, we really need to go after Doncaster now. This is the same despicable rat who kept his job after trying to fast track sevco into the premiership and then the championship when that failed, with lies and threats about financial armageddon for 41 clubs if they didn’t do as they were told. The club should at the very least attempt to invoice him with our legal costs, but with us, St Mirren and every club from league 1 downwards having been shafted by him within the last week alone I hope the possibility of a vote of no confidence is being explored. 

Ragin' much...

A spokesperson for the SPFL said: “We note the decisions of the Scottish FA Appellate Tribunal in relation to the sanctions imposed on Kilmarnock FC and St Mirren FC by an independent SPFL Tribunal.

"We will reschedule the three matches as soon as reasonably practicable, in line with the decisions. We await written reasons for the decisions from the Scottish FA Appellate Tribunal.”

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-statement-47328

1 hour ago, theboyjohnston said:

Ragin' much...

A spokesperson for the SPFL said: “We note the decisions of the Scottish FA Appellate Tribunal in relation to the sanctions imposed on Kilmarnock FC and St Mirren FC by an independent SPFL Tribunal.

"We will reschedule the three matches as soon as reasonably practicable, in line with the decisions. We await written reasons for the decisions from the Scottish FA Appellate Tribunal.”

https://spfl.co.uk/news/spfl-statement-47328

Not so much verbosity or pomposity now eh Doncaster ya prick faced wank?