Motherwell Match Forfeit - Appeal Successful

Allan

13 minutes ago, Pompey Repatriated said:

The should be trying to help clubs and rearrange games to be rescheduled as soon as possible. 

Not waisting time trying to apportion blame with investigations,  especially with things as tight as they are

I fear the voice of reason  will go unheard.

30 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Maybe I’m wrong here but don’t think the Aberdeen/Celtic players in question, even though they had transgressed the

“bubble” rule, we’re tested as positive. Think that’s the difference. 

Two Aberdeen players were tested positive on 6th August!

17 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

What would have had happened in past if we had so many injuries we couldn't field a team?

I suppose the distinction is if too many players were injured then it wouldn't be as a direct result of the club (theoretically) failing to comply with regulations, so the game would be re-scheduled? 

This is the reason I'm not worried about the pictures of Tish in the supermarket because that is down to the individual player's actions away from the club and the stadium. 

As others have said, the whole thing is a shambles, all clubs should be feeling supported by the governing bodies just now, not pointlessly attacked.

From the start of the season you could see these problems arising it was a given. The powers that be and I use the word running the game loosely should have had the foresight in seeing this coming. No matter how careful players are there will always be a chance of testing positive. We will find out what proof they have of wrongdoing and hopefully Killie can make a case that will exonerate the club from breaking the rules. As for Doncaster mouthing off recently and his unprofessional way he has conducted himself nobody can be surprised.

16 minutes ago, piffer said:

He wasn’t in the squad for the Dunfermline game which would suggest not. 

We all assumed that the players who played were the guys who had tested positive but Burke said on Sportsound that he tested negative and he played. Not sure how the available players v Dunfermline worked out.

2 hours ago, historyman said:

This is what I can’t understand. Why didn’t both of them have to forfeit their games where it was clear their players had breached the rules? Why is our situation any different? Why can’t we just pay £30k like they did? 

The only explanation that I can suggest is that the Aberdeen players and Bolingoli acted by themselves (if you believe Celtic didn't know where he was), but we are being charged because the club is suspected of not following protocol. Our club can't really be held responsible if players do stupid things, but we can be held responsible if the outbreak was our fault. I'm not saying we did anything wrong just suggesting what the difference is. 

2 hours ago, EKX16 said:

From the start of the season you could see these problems arising it was a given. The powers that be and I use the word running the game loosely should have had the foresight in seeing this coming. 

They tried to get the clubs to give the board the power to call the season and it was knocked back. There's no way the clubs would vote to give the SPFL the power to impose forfeitures for a set amount of positive covid tests, why would they.

The "powers that be" are pretty powerless in this situation, hence why they went down this investigation route, but ironically the best way round this would be to give them more power, and the thought of giving Doncaster and his pals more power would scare every fan in this country. Or give them no powers to impose forfeits and you could end up with situations like Maurice Ross was suggesting could happen

Edited by Nigel4

9 hours ago, piffer said:

I’d start things off by banning Doncaster from RP. No doubt he’ll want to be there for the Sevco game. “No non essential travel” is a term we see used a lot. It’s not essential that he is at the game or any game for that matter. On top of that it wouldn’t be proper for him to enjoy Killie's hospitality(however limited it is with Covid) when he is on the opposing side of a disciplinary case. 

That’ll show him! 

8 hours ago, Fletch said:

We all assumed that the players who played were the guys who had tested positive but Burke said on Sportsound that he tested negative and he played. Not sure how the available players v Dunfermline worked out.

He must have been part of the initial group or he would not have been free to play in that game due to the 14day isolation. 

We just knew that, any chance the powers that be have to flex their bias muscles, a wee club such as ours would get hammered. I’d rather spend 50k on a top QC and batter the hell out of Doncaster et al, than pay a suspended fine! For too long they have gotten away with a blatant disregard for anyone outwith Glasgow. The Scottish game is on its arse and financially devoid, so their answer is to slaughter clubs in the press, prior to their kangaroo court, and kick us when we’re down, rather than help the clubs in need. It’s almost as if they’ve never forgiven us for having the cheek to finish 3rd two seasons ago! 

6 hours ago, Nigel4 said:

The "powers that be" are pretty powerless in this situation, hence why they went down this investigation route....

They have the power to sanction clubs up to suspension from the SFA.

And holding an investigation is a really 
strange way of going about establishing the facts, isn’t it?