Hibs match, Fred

CB

3 hours ago, chubbs said:

I see that's what they are saying now ... that's not what they posted originally. 

Screenshot_20201024-163325_BBC Sport.jpg

BBC report still in the realms of fantasy saying there was contact. Naw there winsnae. He threw himself to the ground when he saw he had list the ball. BBC live in whatever fantasy world the think serves them best.

Frustrating game, thought we got in some really good areas but lacked a bit of quality/luck too often. That penalty shout though was ridiculous and what's even more ridiculous is the lack of coverage from the Scottish media for anything outside the shame which is the Glasgow mobs. There would be a weeks outrage in  the media if that decision was given last weekend. 

Fine margins decide games and although we were poor if we could have dealt with the penalty incident better or the referee had called it differently then going to the latter stages of the game all square and not losing Dikamona to injury we would maybe have been able to change our formation better and who knows it could have been one or maybe three points .

Reading all the comments I feel I'm in the minority but I thought we played very well first half. Just lacked a little bit of quality on the final delivery on the many times we got the ball into the box. Second half Hibs used their goal advantage well.

Overall a draw would have been a fairer result.

Very impressed with young Rossi playing out of position but having the confidence to get forward on lots of occasions. 

13 hours ago, the big ring said:

Reading all the comments I feel I'm in the minority but I thought we played very well first half. Just lacked a little bit of quality on the final delivery on the many times we got the ball into the box. Second half Hibs used their goal advantage well.

Very impressed with young Rossi playing out of position but having the confidence to get forward on lots of occasions. 

I would agree with most of that, but although Rossi did well especially defensively I thought at times when we were attacking he lacked a bit of conviction/awareness about overlapping or linking with Burke which in turn affected Burkes game.  I hope I'm not being too harsh because I know he's a young boy playing out of position and it may well be that Burke was having an off day, he was entitled to have one given what he has produced for us so far this season, and that was why we never really got behind them even though we had quite a few promising moves which just didn't come to anything.

Just one other comment about the BBC coverage.  In their analysis they commented that we didn't create enough and had no shots on target but their highlights had just shown Kilties shot cleared of the line and Marciano's unconventional save where he was on the goal line and  he stuck out an arm and "side" punched the shot away!  I know it's being picky but it's lazy punditry, we may not have created enough but we did have some shots on target.

3 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Had Findlay been playing I think he would have dealt with it better . 

Dikamona is a solid old fashion type centre half. And seems good squad addition but sometimes struggles to adjust his feet quickly. Findlay is our best player. May not do him any harm to have warmed the bench on Saturday for a bit as he looked class when he came on. Hopefully a good run of games and gets back to his very best.

17 hours ago, the big ring said:

That’s a good summary. We more than matched them in the first half but drifted further and further out of the game in the second. Subs should have been used earlier and I thought Kabamba, Burke and Power should have been first to come off. 
It was as much of a penalty as the one we got last week. 

Reflecting on the game, I think more credit is due to Hibs as they'd certainly done their homework on us.  Burke was closely policed and if he passed one opponent there would be a second there to stop him progressing.  Kabamba on his own frequently had two centre backs to contend with for any high ball and as most of of the time anything from Rodgers seemed to be straight up the middle it was difficult for him to move about as much as usual.  Any time Killie initiated anything which looked like being a quick break they were halted in their own half by fair means or otherwise (a certain Mr G springs to mind). 

Killie too looked a wee bit off the pace.  The defence and particularly the full backs seemed very wary of the pace in the Hibs team and were slower in pushing forward than usual meaning Burke And Kiltie had less support than usual.  When they did get forward there was a lack of ideas or variation particularly in crossing the ball into the box so the Hibs defence had a fairly easy time.

Maybe a bit of an aside but maybe Kabamba's biggest mistake was to commit 2 silly fouls early on.  It looked like from there on the ref interpreted anything happening in close proximity to him was his fault even if he stood still while the goalie jumped on top of him or a defender made an attempt to pull the arm off him.

32 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

Pundits are horrendous anyhow they only concentrate on the usual suspects. When we were doing well under SSC they (Michael Stewart) had to take notice. The rest of them are useless and I include Naisy in that he talked absolute s**te about the Hibs pen. 

They’d be better off having someone who wasn’t an ex-professional player on the show.  The ex-pros are all schooled the same way and as a result, think and say the same things, which turns it into a boring, cliched echo chamber. 

Edited by RAG

1 hour ago, Malkmus said:

Pundits are horrendous anyhow they only concentrate on the usual suspects. When we were doing well under SSC they (Michael Stewart) had to take notice. The rest of them are useless and I include Naisy in that he talked absolute s**te about the Hibs pen. 

Naismiths attempt to justify Doidge was as angersome as it was bollocks.  The ‘well it doesn’t really take much to knock you off balance when your running’ bollocks.

say it like it was..  shocking decision, officials should be ashamed, and Doidge dived, cheated and should get pulled for it.

but anyone with the balls to say that on sportscene or even sportsound, wouldn’t get near the airwaves unfortunately.

The pundits are pandering to the agenda here if that penalty incident had happened in one of the twisteds games this weekend they would have been all over it and if we had scored ceptics second goal against aberdeen they would have been crying from the rooftops that it was a foul in the centre circle on the build up to the goal plenty of double  standards by them that's for sure.??l