Hibs match, Fred

CB

Are we saying that in a similar position any of our players wouldn't have gone down and given the referee a decision to make ?  Dikamona should have dealt with it and not allowed the ball to bounce. Harsh on him because he later suffered what looked like a very bad injury. It's gone, the points have gone, and we need to concentrate on the task ahead of us, not dwell on something we can't change. 

10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Are we saying that in a similar position any of our players wouldn't have gone down and given the referee a decision to make ?  Dikamona should have dealt with it and not allowed the ball to bounce. Harsh on him because he later suffered what looked like a very bad injury. It's gone, the points have gone, and we need to concentrate on the task ahead of us, not dwell on something we can't change. 

THE END.......................

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

If any of our players went down like that then they should get called on it as well.  Not everyone sees the game through Killie specs. 

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Not sure what point you are making. We can't change it but diving should be getting pulled up after the fact. Remember Jordan Jones?

1 hour ago, gjkillie007 said:

Not sure what point you are making. We can't change it but diving should be getting pulled up after the fact. Remember Jordan Jones?

If you are talking about the game against Dundee I don't recall any contact with Jones when we were awarded a penalty. There appeared to be contact between Dikamona and Doidge on Saturday albeit minimal. If you are saying a Kilmarnock player will stay on his feet if he feels contact, that's rubbish. To me Doidge exaggerated his fall and if that's a dive, he dived. 

23 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

If you are talking about the game against Dundee I don't recall any contact with Jones when we were awarded a penalty. There appeared to be contact between Dikamona and Doidge on Saturday albeit minimal. If you are saying a Kilmarnock player will stay on his feet if he feels contact, that's rubbish. To me Doidge exaggerated his fall and if that's a dive, he dived. 

I'm just saying if he dived (which I think he did) he should be pulled up for it. If that's dwelling on the past so be it.

1 hour ago, gjkillie007 said:

I'm just saying if he dived (which I think he did) he should be pulled up for it. If that's dwelling on the past so be it.

I'm saying we should move on because it has passed and we can't do anything about it. Diving or not diving is a grey area and is difficult to prove. There was contact by Dikamona and Doidge exaggerated his fall, but proving that was a deliberate dive is impossible. 

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

But he didn't just exaggerate his fall, he took three f**king steps then threw himself theatrically to the deck.  That is a dive.

23 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Naismiths attempt to justify Doidge was as angersome as it was bollocks.  The ‘well it doesn’t really take much to knock you off balance when your running’ bollocks.

say it like it was..  shocking decision, officials should be ashamed, and Doidge dived, cheated and should get pulled for it.

but anyone with the balls to say that on sportscene or even sportsound, wouldn’t get near the airwaves unfortunately.

Never heard him say anything positive about Kilmarnock anytime he's been a pundit, not looking for any favours BUT tell the truth FFS - it was a dive !!!!

2 hours ago, caltonkid said:

Never heard him say anything positive about Kilmarnock anytime he's been a pundit, not looking for any favours BUT tell the truth FFS - it was a dive !!!!

If that's his opinion then it's hardly a lie.   He did also point out a week earlier that Power had been brought down by an arm not the attempted tackle that all earlier analysis had concentrated on.

Last night Vidal of Inter was booked for fouling a Shakhtar player. The replays showed that he didn't touch the player who dived to get him booked. The technology is there to stop obvious diving but it isn't used for that purpose unless in the penalty box or to award/rescind a red card. It doesn't have to slow the game down, the video ref tells the match referee to rescind the yellow card and resulting foul, book the Shakhtar player for diving. If it can't be eradicated at the highest level it isn't going to be eradicated at our level. 

14 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

See Hibs trying to cheat their way past Hearts in cup, was so pleased to see Nisbet miss that “penalty”,  takes something for me to want Hearts to win but Hibs under Ross are a pile of cheats.

Their “penalty” was even less of a “penalty” than the one last week.

i can just about excuse the ref for giving it given the angle he had, but surely the linesman on the goal line couldn’t have thought it was a penalty ? Or are they not allowed to have a say ?