Saints match, Fred

CB

6 minutes ago, GrazyKillie said:

Millen has been one of our most improved players this season - has been a very good option going forward and links up with Burke very well. 

He must have one of the best crosses in the league.

1 assist so far. He started well but IMO he’s stagnated since he returned from suspension. Two very high profile errors but still Dyers go to man. McGowan may not be the answer but he’s not had a fair crack. Rossi should feel very lucky to play so well and be bombed out as soon as Millen is back. 

According to these two on Killie TV its as strong a team as Killie can field. 

Despite the fact Brophy and Mulumbu on bench, reserve-quality players as full backs and sticking to a system where we have only won one game despite having a successful run at 442. 

Hopefully the system works but in the past, including previous two games it hasn't. 

I don’t mind the system. My concern at this stage is the personnel. Not sure about the fullbacks although Waters finished strongly on Sunday. Power hasn’t hit the heights in recent weeks and Kabamba has struggled in the last few. The other worry is things are predictable. Dyer likes a small core group. The 11 starting today plus McKenzie and Rossi seem to be his trusted starters. We’ve all got our opinions on how we would line up tonight but I can’t imagine it was overly difficult for Saints to work out how we’d line up

3 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

Waters, millen, watched every game this season.

They are not good enough, haunstrup and mcgowan need to be given a run in the team far more potential than the current fullbacks in my opinion

Don’t know how much contact the commentators have with the players and staff but the narrative from them tonight seems to be no one can be given a chance until the cup games. “We’ve not had a chance to get players minutes”. I beg to differ with that. The manager has been reluctant to give players minutes. Whitehall has sat on his arse the last two games despite us chasing a goal

Edited by piffer

1 minute ago, Pompey Repatriated said:

I think people are being a bit harsh on the fullbacks. I'd say they're average  players playing well this season. At some point though do you have to give the other 2 a try to see if they can offer more?

This is exactly the problem, they are playing as well as they can, they won’t get better. IMO our other options at fullback have a higher ceiling and need to be given a run in the team to show what they are capable of.

59 minutes ago, GrazyKillie said:

One of the strongest benches we have had in a while. A lot of options if things need to be changed. Attacking and defensive wise. Very good to see.

MON THE KILLIE

Could be argued we’re one player short on the bench as Whitehall seems incapable of getting selected regardless of the game situation, so why’s he there?

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Anyone on here done their coaching badges care to explain why so many coaches use that kick off. So often you see the long ball up the park either straight out of play or the opposition taking the second ball. Is it not better to keep possession 

Not done coaching badges but got to be the most dumbest play in football, playing for touch is a rugby move last time i played rugby