Brophy and Mulumbu

Killieboykfc

Just now, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

For county ad certainly drop dicker and power(suspended) to make way for the two. Certainly stir up trouble.

Wouldn't even mind Whitehall getting a shot over Kabamba just something different.

We wanted to mix things up tonight as it was going a bit stale recently. Manager thought differently. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see as go same again vs County. At the very least I can see nine of tonight starting lineup play in that game. 

4 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Couple of changes would do, full backs maybe and drop a defensive midfielder, probably Power as I think we miss Dicker more when he’s out the team 

I would say we miss them both equally when there out the team. Dicker gives the centre halfs some security. And wed miss powers aggression big time.

Clueless Alex is a nice guy but so is Jig. Dyers record is on a par if not worse than Jigs but it’s ok no matter how tactically inept he is he ‘understands the club’ as Bowie said. Yeti probably understands the club more than anyone but I wouldn’t give him the job. 
Dyer is so far out of his depth it’s untrue. Tonight was one of the most shockingly inept managerial performances since the days of Gary Locke. Dyer has to go. 

1 minute ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Clueless Alex is a nice guy but so is Jig. Dyers record is on a par if not worse than Jigs but it’s ok no matter how tactically inept he is he ‘understands the club’ as Bowie said. Yeti probably understands the club more than anyone but I wouldn’t give him the job. 
Dyer is so far out of his depth it’s untrue. Tonight was one of the most shockingly inept managerial performances since the days of Gary Locke. Dyer has to go. 

You do realise he’s just moved into Allessios old house, his neighbour is just getting used to him 

That was pathetic. 

If you are obsessed with using the same ten outfield players for 80 min each week, the teams who routinely use their five subs and rotate their squad are going to be able to outrun you and put you under greater pressure. If you use the same tactics and formation week in week out, you become predictable and it’s relatively easy to setup to play against you and negate your major threats. If you won’t make a change until you’re behind and chasing the game, don’t be surprised when you rarely turn these games around. If you’re lumping long straight balls up to a lone striker, with no support around them, you are simply giving away possession. None of this is rocket surgery. 

What’s really surprised me is we’ve never had a proper go from 0-1. We improved with Brophy and Mulumbu last week but we never threw the kitchen sink at it. Vs Hibs we didn’t lay a glove on them. I’m not comparing us to Real Madrid but I watched the end of their CL game in Monchengladbach a couple of weeks ago. 2-0 down with ten minutes to go. Chuck on the attackers, big men upfront and got the ball in the box from anywhere on the park. What do you know they got their goals. That’s not always the answer but when nothing else has worked for us in recent weeks surely we could have tried that tonight. Instead we gave Whitehall a minute or so and barely got the ball out of our own half

We are crying out for a creative attacking influence in central midfield , have been for past few years .....but again didn’t bring that kind of player in the summer. Until the late big risk in resigning Mulumbu ....with him so long out of football and lacking fitness, was always going to take time to get him ready ..he then got an injury which did not help....

but now he badly needs game time to get that match sharpness in his legs even if say only for first hour and with current form of others he must be played now ....or what was the point of signing him .....

Edited by Scouser2

2 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

We are crying out for a creative attacking influence in central midfield , have been for past few years .....but again didn’t bring that kind of player in the summer. Until the late big risk in resigning Mulumbu ....with him so long out of football and lacking fitness, was always going to take time to get him ready ..he then got an injury which did not help....

but now he badly needs game time to get that match sharpness in his legs even if say only for first hour and with current form of others he must be played now ....or what was the point of signing him .....

It’s the fact we are moaning about players needing minutes and not giving them game time. How many times have we used all five subs? We could easily have given players longer than 15-20minutes. Kabamba has been rotten the last few games but Brophy barely has an hour in him. Three games in row we're chasing it and Whitehall the striker we signed to give us more attacking options has less than five minutes. 

I dont fault Kabamba, we aren't creating enough chances or creating good enough chances for him, it's little wonder the lad isn't scoring enough goals. Plus the gap between the midfield and him is massive.

I like Dyer and I hope he finds a way to turn it around soon but I just dont see it happening, he isn't getting the best out of the team. This whole philosophy of playing the same players week in and out when they aren't performing is a joke, I dont understand it. Is it the case the players he keeps sticking with are the standout best performers in training every week and he thinks the others aren't good enough? He cearly has his favourites and is too soft which is hurting us.

I don't see the board acting any time soon and letting him go and if/when Dyer is let go, who we would even consider for a replacement? I haven't a clue who we could target. Most likely the board would go down the tried and tested route of bringing in an unknown manager or a player who is just starting out his career as a manager, you know like Kris Boyd, he fits the criteria perfectly (sarcasm).