Clyde match, Fred

CB

1 minute ago, historyman said:

Not sure what Dyer will learn from this as it’s been just like a training match. Finlay, McKenzie and Mulumbu have strolled it. Whitehall has shown he can take a chance. Not sure about MacGowan, Pinnock still doesn’t do enough for me. 

He said it was all about getting 90 minutes into the players. I wouldn’t have any qualms putting any of the players in a prem game apart from brindley who seems a bit too raw still.

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

Not sure what Dyer will learn from this as it’s been just like a training match. Finlay, McKenzie and Mulumbu have strolled it. Whitehall has shown he can take a chance. Not sure about MacGowan, Pinnock still doesn’t do enough for me. 

Most of them need another game to give them a proper chance. Always amuses me when multi million pound players need time to settle, but we expect journeymen to be superstars from day one ?

• CB unpinned this topic

Whitehall scoring 2 goals and never touched it at any other point in the game. McGowan looking distinctly average even against lower league opposition, haunstup not much better but grew into it slightly at the end. Good for Mulumbu to get a full 90 minutes into his legs as well. 

. Brophy good first half. Haunstrup got forward a lot more second half and got good balls in several times. Findlay and Rossi were ok as CB pairing. Mulumbu had a lot of the ball but played very deep and does not look fit IMO.. Whitehall second goal very nice. Overall not much to learn other than that Haunstrup can put a ball in and Whitehall...exists 

2 minutes ago, SM21 said:

Whitehall scoring 2 goals and never touched it at any other point in the game. McGowan looking distinctly average even against lower league opposition, haunstup not much better but grew into it slightly at the end. Good for Mulumbu to get a full 90 minutes into his legs as well. 

Not sure what match you were watching but Whitehall as he did a fair bit of linkup play, like the head flick for Brophy to run onto when he forced a save from the Keeper at the end.

Even though it’s November had more the look of a preseason friendly and new players getting used to how we play and each other ....but a win is a win 

Findlay oozed class , Haunstrup impressed at times goinfpg forward , Whitehall took his goals well and great to see Mulumbu last the 90 minute hope he can now kick on .though hopefully in a more forward role than that deep position seen tonight .....was a bit disappointed in couple of the others but hopefully they will get another run out on Saturday 

Edited by Scouser2

Biggest thing is getting 90minutes into those players. Maybe a little disappointing the fringe players didn’t rattle through the gears and really put on a show but that’s not realistic when some haven’t featured for months and others only get brief outings here and there.

Good to see Whitehall getting a couple of goals. Two great and very different finishes. Goals will do a lot more for a strikers confidence than a decent performance would.

The fullbacks were putting some decent balls into the box. Haunstrup especially. McGowan had a few as well on the right. Being honest I was probably looking for more from them but don’t think they did badly at all.

Mulumbu strolled it. Miles ahead of anyone else on the park. Hopefully he’s in a position soon to make a big contribution in league games. I’m not sure I’d start him in a two in the league. Feel he’d be better suited in a three personally.

Thought the manager got it spot on leaving everyone on for 90minutes. I’d do the same again with the same players on Saturday. Maybe put Broadfoot in for Findlay and change of keeper to get Eastwood a run. 

4 minutes ago, SM21 said:

Whitehall was unlucky not to score at the front post at 0-0. Had a good one two that the defender put past the post second half too.

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Biggest thing is getting 90minutes into those players. Maybe a little disappointing the fringe players didn’t rattle through the gears and really put on a show but that’s not realistic when some haven’t featured for months and others only get brief outings here and there.

Good to see Whitehall getting a couple of goals. Two great and very different finishes. Goals will do a lot more for a strikers confidence than a decent performance would.

The fullbacks were putting some decent balls into the box. Haunstrup especially. McGowan had a few as well on the right. Being honest I was probably looking for more from them but don’t think they did badly at all.

Mulumbu strolled it. Miles ahead of anyone else on the park. Hopefully he’s in a position soon to make a big contribution in league games. I’m not sure I’d start him in a two in the league. Feel he’d be better suited in a three personally.

Thought the manager got it spot on leaving everyone on for 90minutes. I’d do the same again with the same players on Saturday. Maybe put Broadfoot in for Findlay and change of keeper to get Eastwood a run. 

Dikamona?