Dumbarton (Betfred) Match Fred

C4mmy31

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

Few players have given the manager something to think about IMO. Both fullbacks should now be in contention for starting jerseys. Mulumbu as well. I think Brophy's done well enough in the two games and given Kabamba has struggled in recent weeks will be pushing to start.

Its going to be interesting to see what Dyer does here. He’s been very loyal to certain players in the team. Does he continue that this week going into the County game or do we go with who trains best through the week. Also a big call to make in how to replace Power. Mulumbu and continue with the 4-3-3/4-5-1 or put another striker up top.

Somewhat disappointing from Pinnock and Whitehall. Good contributions on the goals front over the two games but not massive impacts elsewhere. I liked that Whitehall was relatively quiet the other night but found two goals. Today he passed up some good chances and his link up play wasn’t great. Pinnock lacked creativity and an obvious purpose in his play. Which is a shame as in some of his cameos I thought he might not be far away. 

Pinnock is one of the slowest winger or whatever he is I’ve seen at our level for a long time 

14 minutes ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

Despite the 3 goals between then this week, Pinnock and Whitehall are not pushing for places.

McGowan and Haunstrup have put themselves in the frame. Zeno Rossi has done himself no harm and could be partnered with Findlay and I wouldn't be worried.

Mulumbu is a must. Strong in possession, comfortable on the ball, always picks a pass. 

Totally agree don't see much in Pinnock or Whitehall that would see them pushing for a first team start.

Brophy yet again his only thought is to shoot, must be a nightmare to play along side.

All in all an easy game which turned into a boring one.

2 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Brophy has always looked better beside Kabamba instead of replacing him so I’d be happy to get the two of them in the team and adjust our shape accordingly. 

I'd be happy with Brophy back on the bench tbh. 2 games against lower league sides and simply not good enough over the course.

Same as Whitehall, Pinnock and based on today and not Clyde on wednesday, Rory. 

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

We knew before the game we could dominate possession against a team like Dumbarton.

We needed to show we could create and covert chances, and we failed. 

I’d definitely change the full backs for the attacking threat they would provide.

Mulumbu has to be putting pressure on Tshibola and Power.

Whitehall can leave in January for me. I didn’t watch the Clyde match but he should have bagged a hat-trick today.

Pinnock was very sloppy with his crosses and Brophy’s doing nothing to persuade us to offer him a big contract. Looks bang average. 

A fair critique. Whitehall took his goals well Against Clyde but ponderous today. We need that penalty box striker badly so I know why we took a chance but he needs more and quickly. Mulumbu close. Full backs in the mix. Brophy and pinnock, despite goals, look poor. 

8 minutes ago, historyman said:

They’re not as good as that. Get them punted in January and get in some players who will challenge for first team places 

Based on the evidence of their game time thus far looks like our experiment of dipping into the lower reaches in England hasn’t paid off in the same way as it did with eg Motherwell and Inverness. Looks like AD has been spot on giving them, especially Whitehall, very limited game time in the league. Very disappointing. 

3 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Based on the evidence of their game time thus far looks like our experiment of dipping into the lower reaches in England hasn’t paid off in the same way as it did with eg Motherwell and Inverness. Looks like AD has been spot on giving them, especially Whitehall, very limited game time in the league. Very disappointing. 

So much for all the plaudits being handed out for the summer transfer dealings. It’s mid November and Tish is the only one making an impact and he’s been at the club before. 

Edited by historyman

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

So much for all the plaudits being handed out for the summer transfer dealings. It’s mid November and Tish is the only one making an impact and he’s been at the club before. 

I wasn't as impressed as some were by the acquisitions but I think, with the exception of Whitehall, they have bulked up the squad.

We could put Rogers, McGowan, Dikamona, Rossi, Haunstrup, Mulumbu, Tshibola and Pinnock in a team without too many worries. 

10 minutes ago, historyman said:

I think Rogers has grown into his role as number 1(without the number). It remains to be seen whether we will stick with him, give Eastwood a run or go looking for another first choice in January.

Its disappointing that none of the others have made a big impact yet. Hopefully off the back of two cup games we will see McGowan and Haunstrup kick on and Mulumbu as well. 

28 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

I'd be happy with Brophy back on the bench tbh. 2 games against lower league sides and simply not good enough over the course.

Same as Whitehall, Pinnock and based on today and not Clyde on wednesday, Rory. 

Kiltie and Burke don’t have much to worry about. 

Wouldn’t bother playing Brophy unless we go 3-5-2. We need Mulumbu playing in front of two holding midfielders, doesn’t work in a 4-4-2.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

I wasn't as impressed as some were by the acquisitions but I think, with the exception of Whitehall, they have bulked up the squad.

We could put Rogers, McGowan, Dikamona, Rossi, Haunstrup, Mulumbu, Tshibola and Pinnock in a team without too many worries. 

Was about to post exactly the same. 

Could change the entire back four reasonably happily - we were absolutely nowhere near that last year. 

We've got much better depth than a lot of the teams around us, so some credit due there. 

I thought Pinnock and Whitehall could at least give us something different in the last ten minute of games - disappointing that they don't even seem capable of that. 

Still crying out for pace on the wings I think. 

Agree squad is better but it doesn't add up to much of an improvement to the team. Really lacking creativity which has been the problem since we lost Greg Stewart. Really annoying that guys like that decorate the bench (at best) of bigger clubs rather than playing af a club like ours.

Can't blame them but can't be good for the game as a whole. We really are going to have to rely on Mulumbu to supply the x factor and so it was good that he is getting closer to match fitness. It's a big ask to expect him to do it every  time.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

We knew before the game we could dominate possession against a team like Dumbarton.

We needed to show we could create and convert chances, and we failed. 

I’d definitely change the full backs for the attacking threat they would provide.

Mulumbu has to be putting pressure on Tshibola and Power.

Whitehall can leave in January for me. I didn’t watch the Clyde match but he should have bagged a hat-trick today.

Pinnock was very sloppy with his crosses and Brophy’s doing nothing to persuade us to offer him a big contract. Looks bang average. 

Bang on! I would add that Rossi looks more and more decent with each game

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

I wouldn’t have Pinnock anywhere near the first team. I think he is rank rotten.