Ross County Match Fred

C4mmy31

7 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

SF plays the ball onto Stewart’s foot then brings him down so when broken down in the first phase the ball is played by SF but when you add in the second phase of play he then concedes a foul ending up with a red card. 

Someone talking sense at last

42 minutes ago, Kfcinlancashire said:

I think the problem is the forum has become the replacement for us shouting rubbish at games. In normal times it is shouted out and gone, now it lives on in the thread for ever.

So when someone trips up they should never be near the team and two minutes later they are the best player ever to wear the shirt. Every week Dyer is either protecting Steve Clarke's legacy of our worst manager ever.

Players make a single mistake against Rangers and should be hounded out ,they then show a bit of skill against Clyde and they should be the first name on the teamsheet.

Great post. The forum is a place to talk s**te rather than evidence a rounded knowledge of football management. 

A forum is a place got opinions. Some will end up right, some wrong. 

My opinion is Dyer winning yesterday is enough, for now. But for the most part his tenure hasnt been good enough.

So I can fully understand people questioning his decisions. There is not going to be a full agreement on many things, especially Dyer.

23 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

My opinion is Dyer winning yesterday is enough, for now. But for the most part his tenure hasnt been good enough.

Maybe he’s one of those managers who, every time the pressure is building, gets a result which keeps him secure for another couple of months!

As somebody else said, you never feel sure that a good result is going to be the start of a good run.

We have good players and, on our day, are a good team. We get let down by individual errors, reffing mistakes, odd team selections and inconsistency. 

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

So I can fully understand people questioning his decisions. There is not going to be a full agreement on many things, especially Dyer.

Dyer is definitely improving. Look at the brave substitution at half-time yesterday. It played a big part in winning the game. I don’t think he would have made that decision a few weeks ago. 
We are in sixth place - if we are still there come the split that will be a decent enough performance for me. The top 4 are well ahead but if we are best of the rest that will be a good season. 

17 minutes ago, historyman said:

Dyer is definitely improving. Look at the brave substitution at half-time yesterday. It played a big part in winning the game. I don’t think he would have made that decision a few weeks ago. 
We are in sixth place - if we are still there come the split that will be a decent enough performance for me. The top 4 are well ahead but if we are best of the rest that will be a good season. 

I do agree. The top 6 would be excellent. I'd of course like us to be more competitive with the top 4. But IIRC 5th place gets Europe this year? 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Maybe he’s one of those managers who, every time the pressure is building, gets a result which keeps him secure for another couple of months!

Or maybe we beat the poor teams and lose to the quality?. I don’t see an up and down season. I have seen nothing to change my basic opinions week to week. We have a good core of players but we have lost a lot of quality and haven’t replaced it. We will win some and lose some. No danger of relegation And no danger of Europe. Dyer lacks the obvious motivational aspects that can mobilise a whole club and community behind him. It takes this to make a modest club like killie believe and pull out the extra special like we managed under TB and Clarke. This in turn can attract players and investors alike. Whether we beat hamilton or not this will still be the case. But he has a solid group of players who seem to like him and we will be ok for now.

The challenge remains What happens in a season or so when broadfoot, Burke and dicker call time. I worry about our demonstrated ability to replace our best. No Clarke factor now and no ability/willingness to pay bigger packages to attract talent. Dunfermline has new investors and hearts to come back. The gap between the big teams and the rest will grow with more European league based football In the few years ahead. We are now in danger of being the wrong side of the cut.

it shouldn’t about be changing opinions from week to week - or mid game in some folks case. It’s about asking ; what is the direction of travel?”. Do we have the people in place to continue success in the years ahead? Are we doing the right things to compete? If we are not, it’s easy to wake up one day and suddenly find we are a Patrick thistle or Falkirk.

As if Lancashire so eloquently put it these match threads are for venting your spleen during a game . I suspect the vast majority of negative comments are knee jerk reactions, in the moment comments , no more . As are some of the holy than thou retrospective comments about posters who expoused them . 

We are the epitome of mid-table mediocrity. Well capable and likely to beat the dross at the bottom, good and bad results alike against the mid table opposition, lacking the quality to often trouble the top teams. We’ll finish somewhere between 5-7th place this season based on evidence to date and is as much as we can expect given the personnel and management. 

I’d hate to be a Ross Co fan today though. Where do you go with that performance and result. Outplayed and outfought by 10 men for 85 mins. Ouch!

3 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

We will find out at the end of the season

Far too much was read into AD's comments pre-match. For a manager who supposedly can't motivate and organise players we've had two victories after playing a large chunk of games with ten men and another where only individual errors cost us at least a point. Brophy looked sharper yesterday than he has for some time, Pinnock was instrumental in the win, the two fullbacks showed enough to suggest they will be first choice, and Rogers capped a good display with a fantastic save. Special mention to Dicker for that amazing pass to Pinnock which split the County defence. McKenzie did a lot of good work yesterday too, helping to plug gaps created by being a man short and driving forward where possible. Broadfoot and Kabamba contributed to the win in different areas of the pitch and could/should have had a goal to their names. Rossi looked a bit shaky in defence, we don't play for another two weeks so Dikamona  should be fit by then. Can't kid ourselves it was all plain sailing, Stewart had two bad misses that let us off the hook but overall a good win after a bad start.

28 minutes ago, casual observer said:

We are the epitome of mid-table mediocrity. Well capable and likely to beat the dross at the bottom, good and bad results alike against the mid table opposition, lacking the quality to often trouble the top teams. We’ll finish somewhere between 5-7th place this season based on evidence to date and is as much as we can expect given the personnel and management. 

Bit of perspective though, given where we are financially and with the pandemic I would bite your hand off for that this season.