George Green

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

hope he is different in style and play than the other midfielders we have

.....LC has taken full use of the "loan market" though all of are of a similar age and time playing first team football

would have hoped for at least one player out of these loanees with more experience 

At the meet the manager night he said he was a massive fan of Craig Bryson and that he's fully aware that we are lacking a player of that mould.

Don't know if that's relevant to this particular signing but he did say he looking out for a proper "box to box" midfielder. 

I don't necessarily subscribe to this we need experience in the midfield as in an aged player, folk on here mentioning Harkins, Shiels even John Rankin got a nod by some poor disillusioned yokel obviously on a day pass. Living in the past is great when sitting with your pals pished, talkin s**te but the reality is we are crying out for a change in personnel and approach to recruitment. This strategy Lee Clark is employing is fraught with risk but I'm behind it all the way and will try to enjoy the rollercoaster who knows the next hero we're talking s**te about in 5 years might be already here.

Green was one of the most sought after players in England a few years ago then he endured some issues. Checked himself into rehab and went to a psychologist to deal with depression and suicidal thoughts. Seems to have realised the error of his ways and has his head firmly screwed on. A great signing IMO. 

Ps, those suggesting players like shiels instead of this boy need their head checked.

Edited by Killieboykfc

17 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Green was one of the most sought after players in England a few years ago then he endured some issues. Checked himself into rehab and went to a psychologist to deal with depression and suicidal thoughts. Seems to have realised the error of his ways and has his head firmly screwed on. A great signing IMO. 

Seen the error of his ways??? Having depression is not a choice

Read the guardian article he's certainly an interesting and complicated character. 

Hes been through a lot at a young age and is a great example of the flaws of the English game in particular. 

It will be interesting to see how he reacts to aspects of life at Killie and in Scotland. If things aren't going well for the club and/or him personally on the park will it have an impact.

He talks about managers putting their arm round him gets a reaction. It's only rumours but that doesn't seem to have been Clarks way so far.

Above all he looks to have talent and has been highly rated in the past. He seems to have matured and realised the mistakes he made with attitude at points in his career. If he's had it all then seen it taken away he will hopefully have the hunger to do well again.

Hello all, I have just joined the forum to keep track on how George is doing at Killie, the town my Mam and Dad were from. Me am a Yorkshire man but have a lot of affection for Kilmarnock and could not be more pleased at my future son in law signing to play at Killie. 

I look forward to reading all yours views good and bad as am sure not all will be positive. I am making the  long trip up in the morning not sure he will get on but I can't miss his debut if he gets on.

Am happy to tell you all about George within reason. look forward to the season.

Edited by Knocker

1 minute ago, Knocker said:

S Hello all, I have just joined the forum to keep track on how George is doing at Killie, the town my Mam and Dad were from. Me am a Yorkshire man but have a lot of affection for Kilmarnock and could not be more pleased at my future son in law signing to play at Killie. 

I look forward to reading all yours views good and bad as am sure not all will be positive. I am making the  long trip up in the morning not sure he will get but I can't miss his debut if he gets on.

Am happy to tell you all about George within reason. look forward to the season.

Welcome

what in your opinion are George' s strengths as a player and what kind of midfielder is he?

4 minutes ago, Knocker said:

Hello all, I have just joined the forum to keep track on how George is doing at Killie, the town my Mam and Dad were from. Me am a Yorkshire man but have a lot of affection for Kilmarnock and could not be more pleased at my future son in law signing to play at Killie. 

I look forward to reading all yours views good and bad as am sure not all will be positive. I am making the  long trip up in the morning not sure he will get but I can't miss his debut if he gets on.

save your pennies, can't see him playing tomorrow

11 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Welcome

what in your opinion are George' s strengths as a player and what kind of midfielder is he?

He is a strong tackler, can pass the ball long or short, can turn quicker than any player i have seen, can score from free kicks. I think he has the chance to be one of the best in the world, but am biased I have been all over watching for 3.5 yrs and am sat with his daughter on my knee while writing this.