150th Anniversary Book

Lroy

Received this today and am impressed.

Between Dave Ross' history and the other books which have been published about the club, players and RP, I didn't think there was much new ground to cover. But the format works very well.

I especially like that they have picked out some things which haven't been featured much before like the substitute firsts and the match against Moscow Torpedo in 1962. This was possibly the first floodlit match for me at RP - certainly the first big one - and it left a big impression. 

The only reservation I have is that quite a lot of the photographs have been saturated in blue ink, which makes them unnecessarily difficult to make out. 

Overall though, a very good addition to my bookshelf!

28 minutes ago, skygod said:

Received this today and am impressed.

Between Dave Ross' history and the other books which have been published about the club, players and RP, I didn't think there was much new ground to cover. But the format works very well.

I especially like that they have picked out some things which haven't been featured much before like the substitute firsts and the match against Moscow Torpedo in 1962. This was possibly the first floodlit match for me at RP - certainly the first big one - and it left a big impression. 

The only reservation I have is that quite a lot of the photographs have been saturated in blue ink, which makes them unnecessarily difficult to make out. 

Overall though, a very good addition to my bookshelf!

My concern, having most if not all previous books on the club, was that photographs will just be a compilation of the best from these other publications. Not the case? If so, will be getting added to my Santa list.