150th Anniversary Book

Lroy

39 minutes ago, KPKillie said:

Received mine this morning and content looks great but cover is badly damaged. Envelope not big enough or padded enough to protect it when tossed about by Royal Mail. Anyone else have same issue?

Have emailed the shop. 

Corners were a wee bit bent, but not as bad as my copy of Go Fame in 1969 which had a massive crease right across it...

2 hours ago, KPKillie said:

Received mine this morning and content looks great but cover is badly damaged. Envelope not big enough or padded enough to protect it when tossed about by Royal Mail. Anyone else have same issue?

Mine is a little bit bashed. Nothing to bother me but it would be annoying if bought as a gift. 

4 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

It would be a very generous gesture if they do. Unless inadequately packed then the claim will surely be against Royal Mail for rough handling in transit. A real shame. Are they sent out in padded envelopes? 

Jiffy bags. Problem is probably that the bags aren’t quite big enough which is why the corners get bent. Can’t explain the wider damage in the photo.

24 minutes ago, The Killie Trust said:

Evening all,

Regarding the packaging of books, the issue has been raised with the club and attended to. Please do contact the shop if any books are badly damaged.

Good service and glad there is that open channel to the club that can address these issues quickly ,  unlike the closed door mentality of a former regime 

Overall I thought the book was good, but some of the photos were reproduced badly. Compare the iconic post match photo on pages 94 and 95 with the reproduction of that same photo in David Ross's Everygame page 88. The difference is night and day and it looks like night and day. My copy of the book was from the second run, it would be interesting to know if the same saturation is in the first run of books.

• 4 weeks later...