January Transfer Window 2021

piffer

1 hour ago, SlimStripey said:

I really don’t think we are planning much business this window. Dyer has been at pains to point out how pleased he is with the quality of the squad all season. The fact that it has only been good enough to get us precariously hovering above the relegation zone and that all other rivals are strengthening won’t have come into the equation I suspect. 

I'd expect at least 1, Brophys replacement, and probably 1 other.

BBC view:

"The worry for Kilmarnock fans will be that their team is stagnating under Alex Dyer, lacking an effective style of play.

Too often, Killie have been predictable - short of attacking spark and guilty of conceding soft goals - perhaps guilty of sticking too rigidly to what worked under Steve Clarke without the same quality of personnel.

A run of five straight defeats was ended by a much-needed win over Motherwell on 30 December and only a freak Danny Rogers own goal denied the Ayrshire side victory over St Mirren several days later.

Dyer must devise a way to get more out of what he has and imbue his team with some more creative intelligence as they sit just four points above the bottom clubs."

30 minutes ago, skygod said:

Dyer must devise a way to get more out of what he has and imbue his team with some more creative intelligence as they sit just four points above the bottom clubs."

He has had over a year to do that and failed, as the weeks go on he seems to flounder more.

The fact that even the press are saying it now may make those it power take some notice. 

6 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Quite impressed with him since his name was fought up few weeks back. Failed at Sunderland but young. The type of punt that we need to be making on occasion. This one would excite me.

Don’t get excited he probably not even on our radar... a bit like the boy Nesbit who went to Hibs. Name mentioned for months but no action.....

Edited by tanerba'Tam

Be interesting to look at the English cup games today. There will be Non league players playing against Premiership and championship second string and development players. 

This will give us a comparison of the type of players we are likely to sign compared with the players we might get on loan.

First half of the game between Chorley, who are crap, and Derby's youth set up ,who are playing because of Derby's Covid outbreak, has Chorley dominating the game.

1 hour ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Don’t get excited he probably not even on our radar... a bit like the boy Nesbit who went to Hibs. Name mentioned for months but no action.....

I agree with others who say he's the type of player to get excited about.  

Not sure of exact dates, but it looks like both were at Sunderland at the same time. Maybe JF and Ross signed him?

Both got links to QOS too, albeit years apart.

Surely he must be on Fowler's radar? 

1 minute ago, Mogwai said:

I agree with others who say he's the type of player to get excited about.  

Not sure of exact dates, but it looks like both were at Sunderland at the same time. Maybe JF and Ross signed him?

Both got links to QOS too, albeit years apart.

Surely he must be on Fowler's radar? 

I totally agree if we can’t afford to go for Greg Stewart on loan Shields would be an excellent ‘second best’ also as an investment if he improves at the higher level.

3 minutes ago, Thirdwatch1965 said:

I would prob go for Shields in this window. This is a market killie need to exploit, get these type of players, play them and sell on, if the club did this it would attract more as they know it could be a stepping stone to bigger things.

If we are going for this boy then we need to do it now. Interest is likely to grow. He doesn’t necessarily need to come to Killie this window. Yes we need goals but it may be best to leave him there for the remainder of the season. Get a deal done and make sure he’s in the door day one of pre season. 

QOTS will want a fee for Shields and he will be on other clubs radar.Dunfermline knocked back a cash bid for Nisbet last January reportable over £200k from Hibs if QOTS want anything like that we can’t afford him.Thats one of our problem we can’t afford to pay transfer fees of £200k or are not willing to