January Transfer Window 2021

piffer

Just now, historyman said:

And that’s as good an example of poor decision making as you could hope to see from the board.
The budget uncertainty has been entirely of their own making. An unnecessary decision was taken when there was so much uncertainty regarding the pandemic and very little clarity on how things would develop.  

Entirely of their own making...that and the inability to see into the future regarding the virus.

They tried to do the right thing and it hasn't worked out. We used to go mad when the old "board" made decisions that treated the fans like muck and we were right to do so. We've been looked after here on the expectation that the virus wouldn't run on for a year, guess what? You're still raging.

If you look at the situation throughout the league I'd argue your initial point that a lot of clubs are feeling it more than usual and yes, the situation is stopping many clubs from extending as many deals as they'd like.

Ourselves and Motherwell are pretty much the worst and it tells it's own story. No idea what Ross County did ST wise and if they're on the same boat.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6427433/spfl-premiership-out-of-contract-celtic-rangers/

The club will have contact details of all season ticket holders, why do they not make contact with them and appraise themselves of the numbers who are likely to

a) Purchase a new season ticket.

b) Purchase at a slightly reduced price.

c) Still want to take up the existing offer made by the club for money off for matches not attended in stadium.

d) Or some other offer.

Circumstances for some may alter and their decision change, but it would give them some indication for going forward. 

I’m not raging I just think they did the wrong thing . The offer for this season should have been a season ticket which allowed you to watch each home game - either from home or in the stadium If possible. 
As you said yourself, they didn’t have the ability to see into the future regarding the virus. It’s not the time to make such a commitment when there is so much uncertainty 

2 minutes ago, GCM said:

The club will have contact details of all season ticket holders, why do they not make contact with them and appraise themselves of the numbers who are likely to

a) Purchase a new season ticket.

b) Purchase at a slightly reduced price.

c) Still want to take up the existing offer made by the club for money off for matches not attended in stadium.

d) Or some other offer.

Circumstances for some may alter and their decision change, but it would give them some indication for going forward. 

Good point, try and be proactive and be on the front foot. 
I suspect most people won’t seek a refund as they have at least watched the games they have paid for on TV this season. 
in  fact some will even have spent less this season without travel costs, drinks, pies, programmes etc. 

18 minutes ago, historyman said:

I’m not raging I just think they did the wrong thing . The offer for this season should have been a season ticket which allowed you to watch each home game - either from home or in the stadium If possible. 
As you said yourself, they didn’t have the ability to see into the future regarding the virus. It’s not the time to make such a commitment when there is so much uncertainty 

And how would that have affected the uptake, which has fallen to 2900 (600 - 800 down?) if such an offer hadn't been made?

4 minutes ago, theboyjohnston said:

And how would that have affected the uptake, which has fallen to 2900 (600 - 800 down?) if such an offer hadn't been made?

It would probably have been down a lot more. We’d have a better idea of what we are looking at for next season. As it stands right now none of those 2900 people are required to buy a season ticket for 21/22 due to the offer the club made.

It was a fantastic gesture from the the club but given the pandemic is going a lot longer than they probably thought it’s becoming more of a hindrance by the day. 

Not the only club who have a problem regards players contracts.Dundee Utd and Hibs have both told there squad to take pay cuts,Aberdeen can’t sign anyone and contracts are running out.If this situation with no fans attending goes on to next season, outside the infirm we are looking at squads being cut to the bare bones.Might even see teams going part time and when we do get back we will be selling 3 stands to the old firm once more.

24 minutes ago, piffer said:

It would probably have been down a lot more. We’d have a better idea of what we are looking at for next season. As it stands right now none of those 2900 people are required to buy a season ticket for 21/22 due to the offer the club made.

It was a fantastic gesture from the the club but given the pandemic is going a lot longer than they probably thought it’s becoming more of a hindrance by the day. 

So offer for this season protects club (to an extent) by allowing them to fulfil present player contracts. Had the offer not been made the financial hit would already have happened. That's not to say we are not making a loss - we are - but it does buy time. Wouldn’t be surprised if we haven't applied for Government Loan ease the pressure.

Majority of squad out of contract at end of season, therefore budget can largely be reset in accordance with revised income projection. 

Gap is what uptake will there be on STs next season on basis of whether club honours nr of games guarantee for this season, or whether they adopt a consultation with present ST holders to best remedy the commitment or some other alternative.  Would be good if KFSCA made a representation to the Board to see what the plan could be - was disappointed the previous thread on the matter was closed as there were some workable ideas being suggested.

Either way, whilst concerning, it is no surprise that contracts are off the table for the time being.  

There are a range of options the club could give to people that don’t seek a refund for last years season ticket’s.

The club could offer shares to the value of a season ticket for last year for those that don’t want a refund. These shares could then be donated to the trust. That way people would feel they were getting something for last years money and it wouldn’t cost the club much. 

An alternative would be to have a plaque somewhere with the names of those that donated to the club by not seeking an ST refund. 

29 minutes ago, PuttersBar said:

When I renewed my season ticket, virus levels were on a downward trend, and, at that time, I expected that I would only need to watch maybe 3/4 games on line.

However, circumstances have altered radically, and it is now probable that there will no attendance at Rugby Park this season.

In view of this, it will be my intention to renew my season ticket for next season and NOT hold the club to its offer to reduce season ticket prices by the number of non "attendance" games.

I hope others will take a similar view.

Finally, one suggestion - it might be worthwhile advancing the date of season renewals to enable supporters to plan and structure their plans at an early stage to give maximum benefit to the club.

If you thought you would only need to watch 3-4 games online then you didn’t follow the science or, worse still, you listened to the UK government. 
When our company sent employees home in March 2020 for the first lockdown our expectations were not to have any reasonable numbers back in the office until July 2021.

I think many fans will take your view and not hold the club to its offer to reduce prices for next year. Myself and every season ticket holder I have spoken to feels the same. That’s why I don’t think it’s a valid reason to say we can’t sign players on longer contracts because we don’t know how the budget will be impacted by season ticket sales. 

1 hour ago, theboyjohnston said:

So offer for this season protects club (to an extent) by allowing them to fulfil present player contracts. Had the offer not been made the financial hit would already have happened. That's not to say we are not making a loss - we are - but it does buy time. Wouldn’t be surprised if we haven't applied for Government Loan ease the pressure.

Majority of squad out of contract at end of season, therefore budget can largely be reset in accordance with revised income projection. 

Gap is what uptake will there be on STs next season on basis of whether club honours nr of games guarantee for this season, or whether they adopt a consultation with present ST holders to best remedy the commitment or some other alternative.  Would be good if KFSCA made a representation to the Board to see what the plan could be - was disappointed the previous thread on the matter was closed as there were some workable ideas being suggested.

Either way, whilst concerning, it is no surprise that contracts are off the table for the time being.  

I don’t agree with your opening point. I would have bought a ticket even to watch every single game online. I imagine a lot of other fans would have done so as well.

The fact that ‘contracts are off the table’ for the time being means we will be behind our clubs in our preparation and long term plans. On the plus side, as far as I’m concerned, it means Dyer doesn’t get to make more signings. 

6 minutes ago, AyrshireCocard said:

Was watching some of the Celtic game last night, some of those young boys must have something about them - surely loan deals on the likes of K.Dembele to us to get experience would be a good move for both parties? 

Dyer scout watch last night game for Hibs game to Kilmarnock will face Hibs on Saturday