Changed Fixture

killiebythesea

Interesting that the Celtic v Hibs fixture moved at Celtics request even though Hibs refused the original request and weren't consulted when it was subsequently moved.

We had requested the Livingston game was moved but were knocked back because Livingston refused to agree to the switch even though we had a valid reason for the request.

I wonder what the SPFL excuse is for allowing the switch.

Celtic bias?  Surely not!

If the home team has more of a say in this decision then it would state that in the rules. The fact that this hasn’t been mentioned by the SPFL would suggest to me that it isn’t in the rules and I don’t see why it should be anyway as it takes two teams to play a match. 
Therefore, It’s hard not to come to the conclusion that it’s just another example of the governing bodies favouring the Old Firm over the rest. Business as usual really. 

37 minutes ago, historyman said:

If the home team has more of a say in this decision then it would state that in the rules. The fact that this hasn’t been mentioned by the SPFL would suggest to me that it isn’t in the rules....

There’s only one way to be sure which is to check the rules!

This is the closest you will find:

”G3 Subject to Rule C42, the Board shall have discretion to schedule and to reschedule the date, time and/or venue of any Official Match as it shall consider appropriate.”

Edited by skygod

8 minutes ago, skygod said:

There’s only one to be sure which is to check the rules!

”G3 Subject to Rule C42, the Board shall have discretion to schedule and to reschedule the date, time and/or venue of any Official Match as it shall consider appropriate.”

Having the power to do it is one thing. Doing it without (apparently) any reference at all to one  of the teams just seems wrong.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

There’s only one way to be sure which is to check the rules!

So, quite simply they agreed to Celtic’s request to a change of date but not ours. There’s your fairness and equality right there. 
And not even informing Hibs is just totally disrespectful. 

Edited by historyman

"... in a statement, SPFL fixture chief Blair said: 'Discussions between Celtic FC and Hibernian FC had taken place about the Celtic v Hibernian league match originally scheduled for Saturday January 9th.

'Celtic wished to move the fixture from its scheduled time, to another slot that weekend. When the two clubs could not reach agreement, I received a request from Celtic FC to move their home match against Hibernian FC to Monday January 11th.

'I took the request to the SPFL board, noting that Hibernian FC objected to the move.

'However, as the proposed date change fell within the same Friday - Monday fixture slot, and was made by the home club, I informed the SPFL board that my intention was to agree to the request.

'As has been the case for the past 22 years, SPFL policy, where two clubs do not agree about a fixture change and in the absence of any other relevant factor, is to favour the home club.

'Both Celtic FC and Hibernian FC were advised of the change more than an hour before the decision was made public, with no adverse comment being received from Hibernian FC ahead of publication.' ”

(Glasgow Live)

9 hours ago, skygod said:

"... in a statement, SPFL fixture chief Blair said: 'Discussions between Celtic FC and Hibernian FC had taken place about the Celtic v Hibernian league match originally scheduled for Saturday January 9th.

'Celtic wished to move the fixture from its scheduled time, to another slot that weekend. When the two clubs could not reach agreement, I received a request from Celtic FC to move their home match against Hibernian FC to Monday January 11th.

'I took the request to the SPFL board, noting that Hibernian FC objected to the move.

'However, as the proposed date change fell within the same Friday - Monday fixture slot, and was made by the home club, I informed the SPFL board that my intention was to agree to the request.

'As has been the case for the past 22 years, SPFL policy, where two clubs do not agree about a fixture change and in the absence of any other relevant factor, is to favour the home club.

'Both Celtic FC and Hibernian FC were advised of the change more than an hour before the decision was made public, with no adverse comment being received from Hibernian FC ahead of publication.' ”

(Glasgow Live)

That’s not what happened according to Leanne Dempster. 
As was pointed out, our request had more merit yet was rejected but this one was accepted. You can only wonder why.