Relegation battle?

boydiesback

5 minutes ago, FanWithaTypewritter said:

Is our squad really significantly better than the teams you mention? Just asking the question.....

Individually I’d say yes we have better players than some teams in the league especially at the bottom end. Collectively as a team at the moment I’m not so sure. 

Dropped down to 8th today. Only above St Johnstone on goal difference. Four points ahead of Ross County at the bottom.

The recent form of Livi and St Mirren in particular shows what a difference a good run can make. We really need to start putting points on the board

I watched St Mirren at Motherwell today. They’re a far better side than they were when we beat them in Paisley earlier in the season. 

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

Dropped down to 8th today. Only above St Johnstone on goal difference. Four points ahead of Ross County at the bottom.

The recent form of Livi and St Mirren in particular shows what a difference a good run can make. We really need to start putting points on the board

I watched St Mirren at Motherwell today. They’re a far better side than they were when we beat them in Paisley earlier in the season. 

If, and its a big if, we and St Mirren win our appeals, Motherwell are also suddenly back in it too and Accies drop to the bottom.

Plenty of time left to f**k it up or make it right.

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

If, and its a big if, we and St Mirren win our appeals, Motherwell are also suddenly back in it too and Accies drop to the bottom.

Plenty of time left to f**k it up or make it right.

It’s changing a lot every matchday at the moment. Most important thing is we stop making excuses, stop shooting ourselves in the foot and start putting results on the board to get us away from any potential trouble

36 minutes ago, piffer said:

Most important thing is we stop making excuses, stop shooting ourselves in the foot and start putting results on the board ....

A lot of people seem very ready to make excuses these days for whatever reason.

”Run of hard games...injuries and suspensions....red cards...individual errors...refereeing mistakes...”

One legitimate excuse might be the Covid outbreak, but St Mirren seem to be doing a lot better since they were affected - five wins and two draws in their last seven. 

The league table rarely lies and I hope the dressing room isn’t feeling as hard done by. 

968D6155-7498-4D32-A08B-78BDC129EAD0.png

Edited by skygod

20 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Anyone who thinks we aint in a relegation battle at the moment needs to have a wee look at the table after today, our results over the next 3 weeks will determine how our season pans out....

2047708244_Screenshot_20201212-165701_FlashScoreUK.jpg.4eb365bd6e408bd4c053e4700629bd66.jpg

100% Killie are fighting for survival this season.  December isn't going to be full of points for Killie as they aren't on form and hardly a threat going forward.  Back to reality for the club and fans I'm afraid.  Anyone who doesn't think we are going to be fighting relegation this season needs to take their blue tinted spex off.

1 hour ago, Dave1981 said:

100% Killie are fighting for survival this season.  December isn't going to be full of points for Killie as they aren't on form and hardly a threat going forward.  Back to reality for the club and fans I'm afraid.  Anyone who doesn't think we are going to be fighting relegation this season needs to take their blue tinted spex off.

Normal service resumed sadly for us since the pre Steve clarke days

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Anyone who thinks we aint in a relegation battle at the moment needs to have a wee look at the table after today, our results over the next 3 weeks will determine how our season pans out....

2047708244_Screenshot_20201212-165701_FlashScoreUK.jpg.4eb365bd6e408bd4c053e4700629bd66.jpg

That table tells me we are potentially 4 points from Europe 

If we are deemed to be in a relegation battle then the same argument can be used for another 6 or 7 teams , it’s a strange league this season for various reasons .....top 4 are moving away , other clubs are all taking points off each other 

But for Doncaster er the SPFL awarding Motherwell 2 x 3 nil wins they would near bottom and a fair number of well fans may also be calling for their Manager to be sacked 

What is lacking for us and many clubs is any consistent positive results ..........with a busy schedule in next 4 weeks finding a good run of wins could change the outcome for any of these clubs , just hope we can somehow go on such a run 

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I agree that we are in a relegation battle, but especially with results today, so is everyone from 6th down. 

@skygod made mention of people being ready to make excuses - that table makes me feel more comfortable that their are excuses. This is about as weird as a season as I can remember. 

Below Hibs, no-one is putting a run together. Everyone is losing to everyone else. All of the teams have glaring flaws. All the teams have tiny squads. 

Take out the six free points and Motherwell have collapsed much more than we did after our year of getting into Europe. 

None of the above means we should accept second best, nor that we shouldn't be doing better than we are, but it's a weird old year for football. 

Not making excuses but....

Away to county, denied a stonewalled and they get a shocker given to them. 2pts

Accies they get a shocker, we’re denied 2 stone walkers, swing 3 pts

Hibs, shocker of a decision to send out guy off and never a penalty for their goal, swing 1pt

murdereell given 3nil victory

thats 6pts and potentially 9, that is one hell of a different position, and yes some will say that others have suffered also, but nowhere near the same extent of blatant ruckus by refs imo

Unless we have major injuries we’ll be alright. Our squad is soo much stronger than some others - hamilton, Ross county and st mirren . It would be an absolute catastrophe if this squad was in bottom 2 in this league. I think even if we put kris Burke in charge for rest of season well be ok. Changing the manager now would set us better for next season though.