Relegation battle?

boydiesback

Just now, chubbs said:

Points wise yes .... performance wise... not even close.

The table doesn't tell you about performances though. 

IMO our performances haven't been that bad. There's been plenty of silly individual mistakes but we aren't far away from the top 6

41 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Not making excuses but....

Away to county, denied a stonewalled and they get a shocker given to them. 2pts

Accies they get a shocker, we’re denied 2 stone walkers, swing 3 pts

Hibs, shocker of a decision to send out guy off and never a penalty for their goal, swing 1pt

murdereell given 3nil victory

thats 6pts and potentially 9, that is one hell of a different position, and yes some will say that others have suffered also, but nowhere near the same extent of blatant ruckus by refs imo

We didn’t do enough to win most of the games you mention though. Otherwise we’d be cursing a point instead of three. Instead we are cursing going home with nothing because we didn’t have enough about us. County we were in front and a dodgy decision meant we dropped two points. That’s the only one. The rest we weren’t doing enough to get the wins

17 minutes ago, samo said:

IMO our performances haven't been that bad. There's been plenty of silly individual mistakes but we aren't far away from the top 6

I can’t believe we are in December and people are still saying if only we could cut out the silly individual mistakes and performances aren’t that bad. We are more than half way to the split and have won 5 games out of 17. We are where deserve to be and need to start winning more games. 

Edited by historyman

20 minutes ago, samo said:

Having watched games and looking at the table I’d say it’s concerning. You are correct about the performances. They have for the most part been to a decent level. Look at the wins, losses and draws though. We’ve taken points from 7 of 16 league games. How many of those have we played badly? How many have we played really well. We have an inability to pick up points without being on the very top of our game. Average performances in the past have seen us come away with undeserved wins or valuable draws. This season we can’t grind things out on bad days

7 minutes ago, historyman said:

I can’t believe we are in December and people are still saying if only we could cut out the silly individual mistakes and performances aren’t that bad. We are more than half way to the split and have won 5 games out of 17. We are where deserve to be and need to start winning more games. 

"We are where we deserve to be"

4 points from Europe is EXACTLY where we are. 

Listen im probably one of the biggest critics when things aren't going well but this team is miles ahead of an AJ  /locke / mcculloch team. 

18 minutes ago, samo said:

"We are where we deserve to be"

4 points from Europe is EXACTLY where we are. 

Listen im probably one of the biggest critics when things aren't going well but this team is miles ahead of an AJ  /locke / mcculloch team. 

And miles below Hibs and Aberdeen. 
Two teams whom we should be able to challenge. I doubt we will take 1 Point from 18 against them. 

3 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Liklihood is that is is going to get worse tomorrow so pressure now turns to Aberdeen , Dundee Utd,Livingston then Motherwell. 

Tough run, but Utd always beatable and Motherwell are a bit on the slide after winning the jackpot in the SPFL 6 point and 6 goal COVID lottery.  

Not feeling too positive about our prospects tomorrow - although thats what 1 win in 65 years can do to a man.

It doesn’t matter how tough the run of fixtures looks we NEED to take points from it if we have aspirations to do anything at all in the league this season. Our first round of fixtures was salvaged by good wins vs Accies, St Mirren and Livi. Some seemed willing to accept other defeats as long as we beat them. It’s not going to be as straightforward this round. The decent teams are still decent. Accies are poor but beat us. St Mirren and Livi are dramatically better than they were a few weeks ago.

No one is going to hand us anything we need to go out and take it. Every team in this division is beatable on any day. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

It doesn’t matter how tough the run of fixtures looks we NEED to take points from it if we have aspirations to do anything at all in the league this season.

Good points, but tomorrow if Celtic lose, thats the end for their aspirations this season. Arguably they need the win even more than ourselves and our bogey team are next up..  But If we beat the teams around us in the league, we’ll do just fine.  Looks to me like Aberdeen and possibly Livi (under new and what looks like skilled but previously dodgy background wise management) are a bit ahead of us form wise at present.

25 minutes ago, RAG said:

Good points, but tomorrow if Celtic lose, thats the end for their aspirations this season. Arguably they need the win even more than ourselves and our bogey team are next up..  But If we beat the teams around us in the league, we’ll do just fine.  Looks to me like Aberdeen and possibly Livi (under new and what looks like skilled but previously dodgy background wise management) are a bit ahead of us form wise at present.

I can’t argue that beating the teams around us will see us ok but we can’t be relying on it. Last week showed slip ups can happen against the bottom sides as well. We need to pick up points elsewhere as well. Seven points from games against teams down to ninth so far is not an acceptable return. 

Edited by piffer

1 minute ago, piffer said:

I can’t argue that beating the teams around us will see us ok but we can’t be relying on it. Last week showed slip ups can happen against the bottom sides as well. We need to pick up points elsewhere as well. Four points against the top seven sides is not an acceptable return. 

100%. Although the top four have a playing budget that’s multiples of ourselves.  We’ll see how clever Hibs and Aberdeen look next summer after reporting enormous loses.  Could be a sea change in the SPFL this season, i’d settle for not losing too much £ and being in the hunt for 5th or 6th.

14 hours ago, Clayslap KIllie said:

Hibs result at Hamilton today just shows where we are in terms of getting results.

Admittedly I always expected Hibs to be above us but they thumped Hamilton while we lost.

Agree with others, excuses have to stop.

We wouldn’t have lost to Hamilton but for the sending off, neither would we have lost if Collum applied the penalty rules equitably. 

We lost to Hibs 1-0 to a soft pen which may even have been outside the box. Hibs spanked Hamilton 4-0.

Not everything in our garden is rosy but the rush by some to talk us into a relegation battle is peak Killie. We're better than our table position and we need to improve. I don't doubt we will and my knickers are not even moist.

1 hour ago, theboyjohnston said:

We wouldn’t have lost to Hamilton but for the sending off, neither would we have lost if Collum applied the penalty rules equitably. 

We lost to Hibs 1-0 to a soft pen which may even have been outside the box. Hibs spanked Hamilton 4-0.

Not everything in our garden is rosy but the rush by some to talk us into a relegation battle is peak Killie. We're better than our table position and we need to improve. I don't doubt we will and my knickers are not even moist.

I don’t think we will go down either but  it’s a dangerous comment to say we’re better than our table position The relegation graveyard is full of team that thought that!
We should also have had a penalty v Hamilton but Kabamba and Brophy could still have been playing and still wouldn’t have scored.

Yes, the Hibs pen was a soft one but so were ours v Livingston and County. 

51 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Looking at the table It's a good thing the SPFL gave Motherwell the points rather than deducting them from us.

That's why I think the talk of the punishment being overly harsh are a bit wide of the mark. Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should have been punished and that the game v Motherwell should be played. But... We haven't actually been fined any money and if we had been deducted some points and forced to play Motherwell there is a chance we could be even worse off.

7 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

Meek performance second half and we play our bogey team Aberdeen next week. 4 points off bottom at the moment, could be 1 by next week. By the maths I would say we are in a relegation battle, certainly showing relegation form 

Can’t argue with that at the moment.