Eamon Brophy

Dave1981

St Mirren are making a move to sign Kilmarnock’s Eamonn Brophy this month rather than wait until the summer, STV has learned.

The forward has already signed a pre-contract agreement to join Jim Goodwin’s side in the summer.

However, St Mirren don’t want to wait until summer and aim to take Brophy to the club this month.

It’s not yet clear if Kilmarnock will allow the 24-year-old to depart Rugby Park before the January transfer deadline.

Brophy began his professional career with Hamilton and had loan spells with Queen’s Park and Dumbarton but the forward moved to Kilmarnock in 2017.

He has been a consistent scorer for the club, reaching double figures for the club in the last two seasons, and made his Scotland debut in May 2019.

https://news.stv.tv/sport/st-mirren-aiming-to-sign-brophy-in-january-transfer-window

14 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Since AA left ? What long term signings did he make ? Most of his signings were loans apart from El Makrini who was on a one year deal. 

You are right, it was evident with AA and I imagine was probably a factor in his departure. I have mentioned this on the above post. 

Edited by historyman

Club need to be very careful here. We knew we needed to strengthen the attack this window. At the moment we are really running the risk of coming out the window weaker than we’ve gone into it.

Somethings not right at the club for me. There is a real lack of forward planning on our part. Reactive rather than proactive.

Its bitterly frustrating that a couple of seasons ago we appeared to have £5million plus of sellable assets in the team with SOD, JJ, Brophy, Taylor, Findlay and through a culmination of things we’ve came out the other side with a few gingy bottles for Taylor. 

4 minutes ago, historyman said:

Those running the club have cut costs by a significant amount in terms of the management team and the playing squad and the evidence of that is on the park, available for us all to see.

We've spent plenty on bars and lounges and the pitch, and had plans for more developments which I assume have been shelved.

None of which improves the product on the pitch, which impacts on the demand for the bars and lounges.

We are in real danger of slipping back into the dark days prior to the SC appointment even the media at that time talked about the apathy around rugby park

At this moment in time the club should be trying everything to galvanise the support not scunner them. 

Edited by Mcd

6 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

Whitehall is played 9 scored 2 in the league. Kabamba is 21 and 5.  Brophy is 15 and 2.  Since we all love a statistic or two on these forums Brophy has the worst appearances to goals ratio.  Just out of curiosity why play to his strengths when all he does is show lack of composure and has a shoot on sight within 30 yard mentality every time he plays. 

Cos when we played to his strengths he looked excellent and got a Scotland cap. Simple really. Manager can't work out how to get nest out him imo. Him and Kabamba looked a decent partnership at times towards end of last season.

I've no doubt he's took the huff and his attitude is stinking this season but the point is if you think Whitehall and Kabamba are better you're a lunatic 

13 minutes ago, historyman said:

The current cheap approach has been going on long before the current pandemic. 
For example, Taylor leaves for what is expected to be a reasonably high fee and we replace him a young reserve fullback from QPR on loan. 
Bachmann leaves and we replace him two poor goalkeepers - the supposed first choice of them on loan. 
Jones leaves and we didn’t even attempt to replace him at all that summer. 
The January 2019 window displayed an incredible lack of any ambition that had fans up in arms.
AA brings in a load of crap loan signings - that tells you what the budget was.  
And finally when AA is sacked we bring in a guy in his mid 50’s with no experience as manager to manage the team.  

Lack of investment and desire to take the club forward has been evident long before the current pandemic so I don’t accept that for one minute as the reason for our approach. As an example, Dundee Utd, now just promoted, brought in Shankland and McNulty in the same period. Hibs have invested in players like Nesbit and now St Mirren are taking Brophy on a three year deal. It is no surprise to me that they will be finishing above us in the league. 

Those running the club have cut costs by a significant amount in terms of the management team and the playing squad and the evidence of that is on the park, available for us all to see.

As someone else said on another thread - are we now just happy to accept second best? 

I'm not sure all that's to do with lack of investment as opposed to bad choices though. 

Word was that there were players identified that Alessio just discarded. He then shifted us to the disastrous agent based scouting that got us all those failed medicals. And spent the window chasing guys we could never get. Then the club admitted things were way wrong in the January window in terms of the systems they had in place for identifying players. 

It seems to me that there's been a perfectul reasonable budget available at all times and we've not been able to take advantage of it. Mulumbu will be on decent money and I get the impression we are paying decent ish money for McGowan and Haunstrup. 

I don't remember reading stories of us being priced out of players - the problem stemmed from not being able to identify them. 

Comparison to Hibs and United with far greater resources is a bit pointless. 

All of which to say, I'm not sure there is a lack of ambition so much as a lot of mistakes. 

16 minutes ago, Mcd said:

We are in real danger of slipping back into the dark days prior to the SC appointment even the media at that time talked about the apathy around rugby park

At this moment in time the club should be trying everything to galvanise the support not scunner them. 

image.png.780a7d33d4ac73e554745b2b0037e6fc.png

1989 was prior to SC appointment to be fair

We have Fowler and Dyer playing a part in player recruitment. Are they a strong enough partnership to fulfill this role?  If we had an experienced manager he would have contacts throughout the game that he could use to secure players.

What contacts and knowledge of players does Dyer have? What contacts and knowledge does Fowler have?

I’m not convinced that a club of our size is better off having a Director of Football and a Manager and would prefer the traditional set up of an experienced manager, assistant manager and scout. 

Edited by MarkyMark

32 minutes ago, Mcd said:

NEWSFLASH..... 

We already have slipped back to those dark days.

26 minutes ago, Craigieboy said:

Three target striker possible replace Brophy

Kilmarnock look three target of striker replace Brophy 

Ross Stewart (Ross County)

Kevin O'Hara (Dunfermline)

Jason Cummings (Shrewsbury Town)

Don't think we've a chance Craigie

- Stewart wanted by Aberdeen so we can't compete

- O'Hara just signed for Dunfermline with Nesbit money- would need a fee or a decent exchange at least

- Cummings I imagine will want more than we can pay in wages based on his previous clubs.

26 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

16 appearances, 0 goals for Carlisle. Not the end of the world I don't think.

No. But once again shows the apparent lack of pulling power that killie has in the market. Money part of it but are Livingston and st mirren “bigger” clubs than us or do we not have the people that can convince players of the vision And how we plan to take the club forward; how we can get them in the National team and onwards to the English premiership. Can you imagine bill or Alex captivating the prospective signing with their passion and charisma?

Fed up now there’s not been a single good news story or positive article from our club this season it’s doom and gloom all the way, we are sleepwalking backwards and in real danger but for some unexplained reason mr Bowie “the greatest chairman SSC has ever had” has his blinkers on and is sitting on his hands 

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

No. But once again shows the apparent lack of pulling power that killie has in the market. Money part of it but are Livingston and st mirren “bigger” clubs than us or do we not have the people that can convince players of the vision And how we plan to take the club forward; how we can get them in the National team and onwards to the English premiership. Can you imagine bill or Alex captivating the prospective signing with their passion and charisma?

Those days are long gone, under the current setup and performances nobody at Killie will be in any national team in the near future and as for the English Premiership, your having a laugh.....

Feel like we need to utilize the pre contract like other clubs. For example Connor shields at QOTS is out of contract in the summer. Young and showing alot of potential (in this week's spfl team of the week after scoring two goals against Ayr). Could try and get him on a pre contract and if st mirren did pay a fee to get Brophy just now then we could use that money to get Shields from QOTS. Would basically swap a player who looks uninterested for a player who wants to impress.

Edited by MuirP