Eamon Brophy

Dave1981

7 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

No he has his own signings to partner him... Whitehall and Kabamba, compared to Clarke's Stewart...

Fair point.

If St Mirren are not willing to pay for him now then the best for all concerned is get him away on loan elsewhere till the end of the season and use his wage on someone useful 

2 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Fair point.

If St Mirren are not willing to pay for him now then the best for all concerned is get him away on loan elsewhere till the end of the season and use his wage on someone useful 

Not disputing that. Just think its funny Alex saying he wont play him.... probably one of the main reasons he wants away is how he's been managed this and last season

8 minutes ago, jmthmsn said:

Working on it just now and the plan is to get the financial update out to members tomorrow .....along with transferring another sum to the Club during a traditionally lean time financially.

Can the club offer fresh encouragement through their media channels to punters to sign up to TIK if circumstances allow. More so Bowie, Phyllis, Fowler, Dyer, Players. Those not directly involved as such but being assisted by the work. Let them talk about how it’s helped the last year and how it can continue to do so short and long term.

42 minutes ago, rb_506 said:

I'm going to totally disagree with you here. I see what you are saying but they've been building the trust since 2003, nearly 18 years, and you seriously think they should rip it up and start again because some small minded fans can't see the big picture and do what's best for the club?

Here's what would happen, and I know this from similar experiences -

1) The same people would step up to the plate and do all the work involved again.

2) The small minded fans would find someone else or some other reason not to engage and we'd be right back where we started.

All sad but all completely true, and we'd be having the exact same conversation another decade down the line. What should happen is the fans who are vocally and otherwise opposing the trust should take the bull by the horns and actively take control of it and be a part of it and shape it the way they feel it should be. It's a democratic organisation and they are encouraging all fans to get involved, what are they scared of? Hard work is my guess, all too easy to sit behind a keyboard and take pot shots at the people trying to make a difference. Hence, if they are not willing to engage now, they never will so should be left to die off like the dinosaurs they are. We'll never get anywhere pandering to the likes of them and it would be a complete waste of time even trying it. Sorry but that's it in a nutshell.

You are entitled to your view and sometimes we need to ask why they won’t join. They can’t all be dinosaurs that don’t join or contribute and sometime you have step away and revisit the reasons why, before we can make progress The beauty of the forum is we can agree to disagree and perhaps non members can shed some light (apart from financial reasons) why they don’t join up.

46 minutes ago, jmthmsn said:

Working on it just now and the plan is to get the financial update out to members tomorrow .....along with transferring another sum to the Club during a traditionally lean time financially.

Superb. Is it possible the club can promote TiK through media channels etc to try boost the subscribers we have as in the end it benefits both parties? 

37 minutes ago, piffer said:

Can the club offer fresh encouragement through their media channels to punters to sign up to TIK if circumstances allow. More so Bowie, Phyllis, Fowler, Dyer, Players. Those not directly involved as such but being assisted by the work. Let them talk about how it’s helped the last year and how it can continue to do so short and long term.

Great idea.

22 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

You are entitled to your view and sometimes we need to ask why they won’t join. They can’t all be dinosaurs that don’t join or contribute and sometime you have step away and revisit the reasons why, before we can make progress The beauty of the forum is we can agree to disagree and perhaps non members can shed some light (apart from financial reasons) why they don’t join up.

Don't you know? It those rascals B&H they don't like, trouble makers the pair of them. Neither involved on the trust board for a while now but - you guessed it - that didn't make a difference. Like the other guy said previously in the thread, they'll always find another excuse, they're just happy for someone else to do the heavy lifting and they want to sit back and reap the rewards. Not that there's much in the way of rewards these days, that's why they are revolting again. ? ? ?

6 minutes ago, TommyG said:

Don't you know? It those rascals B&H they don't like, trouble makers the pair of them. Neither involved on the trust board for a while now but - you guessed it - that didn't make a difference. Like the other guy said previously in the thread, they'll always find another excuse, they're just happy for someone else to do the heavy lifting and they want to sit back and reap the rewards. Not that there's much in the way of rewards these days, that's why they are revolting again. ? ? ?

Who needs heavy lifters it’s the ££££’s in their pocket we need!!??

You know what £10 per year to join the trust. It's nothing, do I get a voice by being a member, not really but I do like being part of something which helps my club. And the money they inject back into the club is fantastic.

Even the gift days at christmas and the foodbank days are brilliant ideas which help our community. If anyone is thinking about joining, then now is the time. Be a  part of something that is part of our club.

No excuses.

5 hours ago, KillieFC said:

Sadly, like everyone else it seems, I don't have any answers either. All I know is that we'd be bats**t crazy to chase away the likes of Billy and Phylis McLeish. I've been saying this for a long time now, I think what we need is to expand the Board and bring in more willing hands with different skill sets and start delegating some of the duties that so few are having to deal with.

At what point would you say it would be appropriate to put serious pressure on the current board? They are custodians of the club and whist providing finance to keep the club moving is a key element, it’s no substitute for apparent lack of clear strategy and leadership. If it goes 6 months with no new investment or increasing the boards bandwidth?  If we are relegated? These people need to have accountability to the fans at some point. There has been little signs of encouragement for quite a while now and I think most would agree the football side is very concerning. The best time to express concern and take action is before the catastrophe happens and not after. How bad does it need to be before pressure should legitimately start to be applied on the board in your opinion?

2 hours ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Maybe a time to redesign the ‘Trust’, the Supporters Clubs et al and come up with a group that everyone buys into. I get the impression that people feel the Trust is not the answer for them and that’s why they will not join/contribute.... Maybe a Killie Fan Club would be more representative in bringing us to the levels of cash that St Mirren, Hearts etc appear to bring in.

It is obvious that money is tight and is a major factor in running the Club but it is also obvious the various factions need to unite and everyone needs to buy into the fact that if we need additional income that can only come with a push to get everyone onside and working as a unit.  Perhaps Killie/KFC Unite (tongue in cheek title) would be a start in bringing an end to any division within the Club support. Representatives from this new entity should be on a sub-board (along with nominated Club officials) to the main Management Board to take pressure away from them for time consuming secondary matters. This would allow people with the expertise that the Club needs to come to the fore especially in improving communication, the match day experience, Stadium management etc. There are many willing and able fans with a variety of experience and time on their hands, who would happily step forward to keep the Club to the forefront of Scottish football. This by the way is no slight on the Trust who do great work it is a suggestion to take us up a level in co-joining the whole fan base in what is an extremely challenging and fraught environment. KTID

There are many people on here that appear to have some discomfort with the Trust. Having not been involved in this forum until 3 years ago I was not educated to the mission of the trust at the outset. I’ve been informed in the period.

I don’t think anyone can really doubt the motivations of those involved. Money to club from fans groups is no bad thing - providing it does not distract from those in control to run the club in an optimum fashion and not rely on such sources of funding which can and will be variable.  But the Trust has a brand issue. It clearly is not reaching the masses and even those aware are not signing up. I’m not a member.

I think a complete rebrand.would serve well. Rather than chastising folks for not being members (I’m not saying that a general theme) surely better to understanding why folks have hesitation. And using those captured thoughts to refine the goals and objectives and reposition. I don’t know the folks involved and have absolutely no criticism of any aspect and respect the personal commitment required to drive such an initiative. But if somethings not working, it needs a refresh. If this could be combined with a more youthful “face” I think this may provide a platform for growth in numbers.

1 hour ago, jmthmsn said:

Well done everyone running the Trust on all our behalf. Much appreciated. High time there were more subscribers.....

5 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

There are many people on here that appear to have some discomfort with the Trust. Having not been involved in this forum until 3 years ago I was not educated to the mission of the trust at the outset. I’ve been informed in the period.

I don’t think anyone can really doubt the motivations of those involved. Money to club from fans groups is no bad thing - providing it does not distract from those in control to run the club in an optimum fashion and not rely on such sources of funding which can and will be variable.  But the Trust has a brand issue. It clearly is not reaching the masses and even those aware are not signing up. I’m not a member.

I think a complete rebrand.would serve well. Rather than chastising folks for not being members (I’m not saying that a general theme) surely better to understanding why folks have hesitation. And using those captured thoughts to refine the goals and objectives and reposition. I don’t know the folks involved and have absolutely no criticism of any aspect and respect the personal commitment required to drive such an initiative. But if somethings not working, it needs a refresh. If this could be combined with a more youthful “face” I think this may provide a platform for growth in numbers.

How do you propose that your thoughts enable a re brand and refresh? And why do we need a more youthful face? How would we achieve this if you think it would be of such benefit.

I’m 100% not being argumentative, just trying to tease out what ideas you may have that could improve things. Thanks

2 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

How do you propose that your thoughts enable a re brand and refresh? And why do we need a more youthful face? How would we achieve this if you think it would be of such benefit.

I’m 100% not being argumentative, just trying to tease out what ideas you may have that could improve things. Thanks

A more youthful face lol, who is that aimed at?

2 hours ago, rb_506 said:

I'm going to totally disagree with you here. I see what you are saying but they've been building the trust since 2003, nearly 18 years, and you seriously think they should rip it up and start again because some small minded fans can't see the big picture and do what's best for the club?

1) The same people would step up to the plate and do all the work involved again.

2) The small minded fans would find someone else or some other reason not to engage and we'd be right back where we started.

All sad but all completely true, and we'd be having the exact same conversation another decade down the line. What should happen is the fans who are vocally and otherwise opposing the trust should take the bull by the horns and actively take control of it and be a part of it and shape it the way they feel it should be. It's a democratic organisation and they are encouraging all fans to get involved, what are they scared of? Hard work is my guess, all too easy to sit behind a keyboard and take pot shots at the people trying to make a difference. Hence, if they are not willing to engage now, they never will so should be left to die off like the dinosaurs they are. We'll never get anywhere pandering to the likes of them and it would be a complete waste of time even trying it. Sorry but that's it in a nutshell.

Spot on! Well said.

2 hours ago, rb_506 said:

I agree with what you say, but I think calling those fans who don't engage 'small minded' isn't the way to go.

If customers don't choose your shop, calling them names might make you feel a bit better, but it isn't going to help the situation. You'll only get folks' back up.

But to a certain extent I know how you feel. I've been involved in Killie extra-curricular activities (to a very small degree) and whilst I loved being involved, the amount of apathy and  pushback we got from other fans was really disappointing. 

It pisses me off that St Mirren have a much better uptake than us.

I'd say we have a similar fanbase to St Mirren, so there must be reasons for this fan apathy compared to their trust.

I don't know what the reasons are, but if there is an impression that The Trust is a group of private members then that needs to be addressed.

I'd imagine the biggest reasons would be time and money.

Maybe St Mirren fans are a bit more proactive as they've experienced relegations more recently than us? Maybe that makes them all pull in the same direction more than we do.

Is Paisley in a better economic position with more jobs than Killie?

Maybe the Trust needs re-branded? I've always felt name makes it sound more like a financial or corporate institution than a fan group, but then maybe that was the point? 

I dunno, and I'm sure the Trust folk have racked their brains trying to figure out why this is.

We need something to break the apathy. Maybe losing Brophy to them could be the catalyst to show our fans what a fans group can really do for a club?

8 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

A more youthful face lol, who is that aimed at?

A campaign to enrol people in the Trust/TIK was run a couple of years ago  .

Distinctly remember Ben from Biffy Clyro in it.

Let's get some Killie fans that are weel kent faces on a recruitment drive.

Apart from Ben of Biffy which other celebrities(?) are Killie fans?

I know Steven Cree of Outlander is a fan not sure if he is a member though.

Edited by stewarty66