Eamon Brophy

Dave1981

Dont really get why Brophy is desperate to leave especially to St Mirren. Sideways move. I still can't get my head round St Mirren paying that for him in wages in the middle of a pandemic. The money that they maybe have from a little more trust members and an extra £200k from player sales isn't game changing. Something does not add up here. When clubs like Dundee Utd are asking players to take a wage cut. Could St Mirren be running the risk of making their club financially insecure. 

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

Dont really get why Brophy is desperate to leave especially to St Mirren. Sideways move. I still can't get my head round St Mirren paying that for him in wages in the middle of a pandemic. The money that they maybe have from a little more trust members and an extra £200k from player sales isn't game changing. Something does not add up here. When clubs like Dundee Utd are asking players to take a wage cut. Could St Mirren be running the risk of making their club financially insecure. 

Just watch how many appearances he makes for them with his injury record

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

I don't know if you are insinuating anything above? If you are insinuating that there might be some financial jiggery-pokery at play involving agents etc, that means St Mirren is the only place it suits people for Eamonn to go then I could be inclined to start believing you!

10 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

I believe you are down South, if you go online and see the interview on STV News Dyer is a disgrace in his last comment “would you pick him?, well would you?” was directed to the interviewer.

How many other players are now thinking WTAF 

Going by the red cards we have a large number of people supporting a manager who Is quite clearly in a position he is neither experienced nor skilled in, I’m sure you’ll all be so happy when he takes us down.

His comment was a total disgrace and no player coming towards the last months of their contract will be open with him. 

At a time when we struggle to fill the bench with a full complement, why wouldn't you stick Brophy on there? 

Yeah sure, if he gets on and doesn't put in the effort, that would be the time to freeze him out (as happened with Jones latterly). And certainly prioritise players who will be here next year in place of him (does this apply to any of the other strikers?!?)

We're still paying his wages, and while AD's stance makes a good headline (and might placate some of the angry mob) it does feel like cutting your nose off to spite your face - unless of course it's an attempt to pressurise Brophy into getting SMFC to do a deal before January?

2 hours ago, Trumpetree said:

At a time when we struggle to fill the bench with a full complement, why wouldn't you stick Brophy on there? 

Yeah sure, if he gets on and doesn't put in the effort, that would be the time to freeze him out (as happened with Jones latterly). And certainly prioritise players who will be here next year in place of him (does this apply to any of the other strikers?!?)

We're still paying his wages, and while AD's stance makes a good headline (and might placate some of the angry mob) it does feel like cutting your nose off to spite your face - unless of course it's an attempt to pressurise Brophy into getting SMFC to do a deal before January?

As discussed in previous post is this not the ideal time to fill the bench with youth, and give these guys the experience rather than a disinterested player who could not careless? 

Edited by Mcd
Spelling

31 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

I don't know if you are insinuating anything above? If you are insinuating that there might be some financial jiggery-pokery at play involving agents etc, that means St Mirren is the only place it suits people for Eamonn to go then I could be inclined to start believing you!

I just find it hard to believe in the middle of a pandemic that St Mirren can afford to blow us out if the water and Aberdeen and Hibs for that matter. Yes I know Hibs and Aberdeen are probably watching their money. Surely all clubs are making cut backs not offering silly money like 3k a week. 

13 minutes ago, Mcd said:

As discussed in previous post is this not the ideal time to fill the bench with youth, and give these guys the experience rather ths a disinterested player who could not careless? 

Agreed - hence why I said to prioritise players likely to be here next season. But the manager seems reluctant to do that already, given we've played games without having a full bench.

23 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Going by the red cards we have a large number of people supporting a manager who Is quite clearly in a position he is neither experienced nor skilled in, I’m sure you’ll all be so happy when he takes us down.

His comment was a total disgrace and no player coming towards the last months of their contract will be open with him. 

I agree with the managers stance on Brophy. Like a lot of the supporters Dyer will be hurting about the move. He clearly prides himself on his relationship with the squad and Brophy in one way or another has made it clear he doesn’t want to be at the club which means he doesn’t want to play or work for Dyer.

Given the situation with the pandemic his comments in the media may be ill advised. There’s no guarantee Brophy goes this month which means there is no guarantee we get another striker in. We’ve seen first hand the damage COVID can do to a squad. It’s not unthinkable if Brophy is still here that Dyer is having to go to him and ask him to lead the line.

The only comparison we have is how Clarke handled the Jones situation. He took a different approach to what the majority would have. He probably didn’t get what he wanted out the player but he got enough to help secure third.

Seen a few St Mirren fans mocking Killie a bit on twitter and lauding over the pre contract and 3 year deal. 
Mock away lads and enjoy your moment. 

The bigger picture though is that Brophy or any other modern player can and will do the exact same to them. 
The power players hold over clubs and in effect their loyal supporters nowadays is pretty grim in my humble opinion. 
Feels like we always lose in these situations and our aim should be to exploit it better. 

Someone else made the point the other day about focusing on contingency planning as soon as a player stalls on a new contract. At that very point we should be identifying their successor. Recently it feels from the outset that we realise a player is good (JJ, SOD, Findlay, Brophy) offer them better terms, they don't commit and we just kind of hang around waiting in case they change their mind. I may well be wrong, but that's what it feels like. 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

I agree with the managers stance on Brophy. Like a lot of the supporters Dyer will be hurting about the move. He clearly prides himself on his relationship with the squad and Brophy in one way or another has made it clear he doesn’t want to be at the club which means he doesn’t want to play or work for Dyer.

Given the situation with the pandemic his comments in the media may be ill advised. There’s no guarantee Brophy goes this month which means there is no guarantee we get another striker in. We’ve seen first hand the damage COVID can do to a squad. It’s not unthinkable if Brophy is still here that Dyer is having to go to him and ask him to lead the line.

The only comparison we have is how Clarke handled the Jones situation. He took a different approach to what the majority would have. He probably didn’t get what he wanted out the player but he got enough to help secure third.

Send him out on loan to the most grubby club who we can find to take him, even if we have to pay all his wages. Make it as uncomfortable for him as possible as he has shown us no loyalty. Keeps him away from causing dissension and if St Mirren don’t like it let them take him on loan instead and pay his full wages seeing as they are so flush!!

Edited by tanerba'Tam
Spelling

1 minute ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Send him out on loan to the most grubby club who we can find to take him, even if we have to pay all his wages. Make it as uncomfortable for him as possible as he has shown us no loyalty. Keeps him away from causing dissension and if St Mirren don’t like it let them take on loan instead and pay his full wages seeing as they are so flush!!

I think he’ll end up on loan at St Mirren for the rest of the season as it means he won’t be available for games against us. 

I was thinking about prospective fees yesterday. Is simply buying out his contract the best we can expect. Maybe a wee bit more to acknowledge the fact he is going to a rival. There are roughly 21 weeks left of his contract if it expires on 1st June. I’m not sure what Brophy is on a week. Seems unlikely we’d get much more than £25k for him.

In terms of sending him elsewhere it would be a laugh for fans. The player obviously gets a say so could scupper any deal. We’ve also got to be careful with player power. It’s clearly a big thing at the club just now and we don’t want to make things worse IMO. 

Who have st mirren got doing their signing deals? They’ve just signed another decent forward player by the looks of things.  Meanwhile we are stuck with dumb and dumber that can’t get any deal over the line unless it’s a English non league player.  We are on a steap decline and if anyone can’t see that they need their head looked at. 

16 minutes ago, piffer said:

I think he’ll end up on loan at St Mirren for the rest of the season as it means he won’t be available for games against us. 

I was thinking about prospective fees yesterday. Is simply buying out his contract the best we can expect. Maybe a wee bit more to acknowledge the fact he is going to a rival. There are roughly 21 weeks left of his contract if it expires on 1st June. I’m not sure what Brophy is on a week. Seems unlikely we’d get much more than £25k for him.

In terms of sending him elsewhere it would be a laugh for fans. The player obviously gets a say so could scupper any deal. We’ve also got to be careful with player power. It’s clearly a big thing at the club just now and we don’t want to make things worse IMO. 

Maybe we should make a stand most of these guys are on their way out of RP in the summer anyway. The very threat that Brophy is going to someone else will force St Mirren’s hand. We need to toughen up both on and off the park. Too much of the players telling the manager etc what’s what. Didn’t see SC taking any of their nonsense.

Edited by tanerba'Tam

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Appreciate the response, I agree with his stance, its the public comment which i found amateurish, you would not see any manager worth his place make such a statement, publicly.

I would expect Brophy to tell Dyer he is injured should we need to call on him.

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

No need they've just signed striker Collin Quaner....

If they hold out till the summer it hurts us more than them, we're left with a wage tied up in a guy who doesn't wanna play for us anymore.

4 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Speculate to accumulate. 5th place and European football is up for grabs. St Mirren feel they’ll get there and recoup their current expenditure. Fortune favours the brave. I admire their ambition. 

4 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

£3k per week for 3 years explains it.

7 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

£3k per week for 3 years explains it.

that's probably double his wages so good for him.

In the real world, he's likely going to be on half that.

3k at St Mirren?! Don't know what worse: The fact somebody made up that figure or the fact people believe it ?

Edited by Twonky65