RIP David Sneddon

jazza

34 minutes ago, baz said:

Fifteen years ago Hippo and myself were fortunate enough to talk to Killie legend Davie Sneddon, fond memories of this...

Over the years I missed out on quite a bit of free booze any time we went to hospitality because Mr. Sneddon would start chatting and the stories were great to listen to...and hell mend you if you didn't have a tie on, he'd send you over to the shop to buy one or get you one himself. It was all about standards and respect. He was so much more to the Club than just a league winning player as we can see from the tributes rolling in.

Re the tie wearing Barry, I remember an occasion at hospitality when Mr Sneddon did just that for me, it was no hassle to him, he just tried his best to help me. He went away and searched around in the main stand and handed me a tie to borrow for the day. He was courteous and respectful throughout (was my own stupid fault for not wearing one....and I held my hand up at the time). A lovely lovely guy who set a great example to us all, if just some of our society took a leaf out of his book the world would be a far better place. Hope the East is renamed in his honour.

Edited by Loudoun Killie

1 hour ago, baz said:

Fifteen years ago Hippo and myself were fortunate enough to talk to Killie legend Davie Sneddon, fond memories of this...

Over the years I missed out on quite a bit of free booze any time we went to hospitality because Mr. Sneddon would start chatting and the stories were great to listen to...and hell mend you if you didn't have a tie on, he'd send you over to the shop to buy one or get you one himself. It was all about standards and respect. He was so much more to the Club than just a league winning player as we can see from the tributes rolling in.

Lovely post baz and on behalf of myself and my family thanks for giving us another wonderful memory of a much love,respected and special person. And on another topical discussion going on on other posts on the forum just now can I share something he always will be remembered for by me that henever once singled out or criticised any player or manager and always said the game was all about the players and games depended on that wee bit of luck and break at the vital times . Something we should all try to agree with though extremely hard to at this particular time with our present team and manager thanks again baz!

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Re the tie wearing Barry, I remember an occasion at hospitality when Mr Sneddon did just that for me, it was no hassle to him, he just tried his best to help me. He went away and searched around in the main stand and handed me a tie to borrow for the day. He was courteous and respectful throughout (was my own stupid fault for not wearing one....and I held my hand up at the time). A lovely lovely guy who set a great example to us all, if just some of our society took a leaf out of his book the world would be a far better place. Hope the East is renamed in his honour.

I love this post, @Loudoun Killie. I can only echo the sentiment about Mr Sneddon's great example to us all- and renaming the East stand is the least the club can do, in my opinion. A statue wouldn't go amiss, either.

4 hours ago, Bbk said:

Lovely post baz and on behalf of myself and my family thanks for giving us another wonderful memory of a much love,respected and special person. And on another topical discussion going on on other posts on the forum just now can I share something he always will be remembered for by me that henever once singled out or criticised any player or manager and always said the game was all about the players and games depended on that wee bit of luck and break at the vital times . Something we should all try to agree with though extremely hard to at this particular time with our present team and manager thanks again baz!

David, Dad always said that games were often settled by ‘ a wee break in our box or a wee break in their box”. 

Unfortunately the breaks are going against us at the moment, but the tide will turn at some point.