Where has it all gone wrong for Killie and Dyer?

Adam

Yesterday's game confirmed he has limited ability.  Livingston had a big strong centre forward who was having no luck so he was substituted by a small nippy player in Robinson who scored the winner.  AD watched Kabamba run about to no effect, being bullied by Livi. defence yet made no substitutions in the 92 minutes with 2 strikers on  the bench.

His inability to make changes with a plan B are noticable game after game.  Time is up we need a manager who can manage a game.

He was the man most fans wanted wanted when it all went wrong for AA. Unfortunately it never went much better for Dyer in his acting managerial role, but somehow he got the job permanently and it's been downhill pretty much since. Why? Poor trasnfer windows not necessarily AD's fault), poor tactics, no plan B, players not performing, loss of our best players, no financial backing (what ahppeend to the money for SSC and Greg Taylor?) , list goes on. Almost a perfect storm of how not to run a football club from the boardroom to changing room

2 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

He was the man most fans wanted wanted when it all went wrong for AA. Unfortunately it never went much better for Dyer in his acting managerial role, but somehow he got the job permanently and it's been downhill pretty much since. Why? Poor trasnfer windows not necessarily AD's fault), poor tactics, no plan B, players not performing, loss of our best players, no financial backing (what ahppeend to the money for SSC and Greg Taylor?) , list goes on. Almost a perfect storm of how not to run a football club from the boardroom to changing room

Most fans? Really?

Not a case of I/we told you so but many of us on here expressed doubts from that St Mirren game as to his suitability. “Nice guy but gut feeling he isn’t the right man but as fans let’s give him a chance and support him” about summed it up. 

Many likewise took an alternative view which obviously is fine but at no stage did it feel he was going to take us in the right direction. The odd victory but never enough to get the majority behind him then of course the inevitable. 

Laid  back on the touch line and in interviews... SC stood arms behind his back as a default... is fine when things are going well but when they’re not sends out the wrong message. Sadly another in a long line of failed appointments. Please Board,get it right next time. We need something positive in our lives right now! 

4 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

no, i siad mosts wanted him to get it when AA left, but went downhill from there on in. Sorry if i wasn't clear, edited post to highlight this

My view, and possibly the Board actually did this but I doubt it... was to go back to those interviewed before AA was appointed and see if the next best on their list was still interested if available. I know football isn’t like a normal business but that’s common. 

Just now, FanWithaTypewritter said:

My view, and possibly the Board actually did this but I doubt it... was to go back to those interviewed before AA was appointed and see if the next best on their list was still interested if available. I know football isn’t like a normal business but that’s common. 

Totally agree. That's what we do in our workplace if it goes wrong for new appoitnment, And cosnidering AD said he didnd't even put in for the job you would think the board must have knew he wasn't 100% interested in it

Some decent points.......on the issue of the much discussed '4-5-1', however...it is the same 'system' largely which SC played, The major difference being that he had 2 effective attacking overlapping full-backs in SOD and Taylor, Jones to carry us up the pitch, and Stewart to create, with Mulumbu breaking up play in the middle. Also a dominant goalkeeper in Bachmann. We also had Boyd still scoring up front. These are crucial players in the system which we no longer have.

Its not the system so much as the lack of personnel to make it work.

The board.... certainly agree that player pressure should never dictate a manager's future at any club, as it appeared to do with AA. Argument can be that we were never able to try and move on and rebuild after SC, as long as AD was there. Would a fresh start management (assistants and coaches) wise have been better all round?

I know the 'AD never wanted the job' has been oft repeated in the past year, but in fairness, its pretty standard for caretaker managers to say that.

His overall record now suggests that it is time for change.....that comes down of course to the board.....also will be interesting to see how some of the players do under a different manager.

"Where has it all gone wrong for Killie?"

When the owner dragged his heels looking for a new manager and waited until the last minute to appoint one.  Then, thinking he knew something about football, sacked the manager for unknown reasons and replaced him with a coach who didn't want the job.... and after 3 defeats in 3 games as caretaker the coach was given the job full-time until the summer.
After more pissing about, the ever reluctant coach was given a new 2 year contract extension despite a record of 4wins and 2 draws from 15 games.

Does that answer your question?

25 minutes ago, chubbs said:

When the owner dragged his heels looking for a new manager and waited until the last minute to appoint one.  Then, thinking he knew something about football, sacked the manager for unknown reasons and replaced him with a coach who didn't want the job.... and after 3 defeats in 3 games as caretaker the coach was given the job full-time until the summer.
After more pissing about, the ever reluctant coach was given a new 2 year contract extension despite a record of 4wins and 2 draws from 15 games.

Does that answer your question?

In a nutshell 

45 minutes ago, chubbs said:

When the owner dragged his heels looking for a new manager and waited until the last minute to appoint one.  Then, thinking he knew something about football, sacked the manager for unknown reasons 

"Unknown reasons" hardly, he was doing terrible and players and fans had both chucked it for him. Coat was on the shakiest of pegs after the Europe fiasco

41 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

"Unknown reasons" hardly, he was doing terrible and players and fans had both chucked it for him. Coat was on the shakiest of pegs after the Europe fiasco

I would take 5th if that is classed as terrible nowadays. Clearly the board have no long term vision as they gave job to easy option and now look what's happening. 

42 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

I think it was becoming clear that the players he was allowed to use were simply not smart enough to understand what he wanted them to do.

Add that to big Larry going through a confidence crisis and all of a sudden our fifth place was under threat.

As soon as Findlay got injured you could see that we were struggling and there was certainly rumours of the inside job being done on Angelo, he had no chance and a thoroughly decent football man was cast aside. Probably wondering wtf was that all about.

43 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

In all honesty I think there was more to it. Alessio’s name has barely been mentioned for a year. Dicker spoke about him in one article. The board wouldn’t mention him. No one talks of him. Why?

His run was three consecutive defeats? One win in eight but drawn the other four? That’s hardly a disaster. It’s better than almost any run Dyer has put together.

Angelo was far from perfect. He had a plan though and was never backed properly to help him achieve what he wanted. 

If there had been a time to give Dyer the job it would have been straight after Clarke left.

Given that we knew we had an early start to the next season with the European games, there would have been logic in giving the job to a guy who knew the squad well. He had also been a part of a very successful management team with Clarke.

Beyond that? He has never been deserving of the job. We were shocking in his caretaker run and we got lucky that COVID stoped the league as we were hurtling down to 11th place last season.

1 hour ago, Trojan76 said:

We were 5th in the league. A couple bad games before he departed but nothing on the scale we have endured under Dyer.

The players threw their toys out the pram the moment Alessio walked in the door and tried to implement some of the ideas that had been good enough for Juventus and Chelsea but were apparently not up to the standards expected by Gary Dicker. 

Edited by TLC

6 hours ago, Adam said:

The thoughts of myself and Andy Gray on commentary at half time yesterday, looking at where it has all gone wrong for the club in the last year, and who has to shoulder the blame 

let us know if you agree or not! 

Enjoyed that boys. That’s as precise a critique on the demise of the team over the last 18 to 24 months as I’ve seen in here. Board shoulder good part of blame. Loss of talent with JJ and Stewart and a manager out his depth. Keep it going. A good listen.