St Mirren Match Fred

C4mmy31

• CB pinned this topic
Just now, Killie Conman said:

Was either him or McKenzie IMO

Burke is our most creative player and had to come in after his wee rest

Pinnock had a hand in most of our positive attacking play vs County. He did a job and setup Kiltie on Wednesday. We are changing a winning team and bringing in Burke who has been off form recently.

Will doubtless be proved thunderously wrong here, but I've never had any interest in the "don't change a winning team" thing. 

St Mirren much more physical in the midfield that Motherwell. Also not going to play out from the back in the way we exploited Well. 

I want a manager that picks a team based on what will hurt the opposition. I think McKenzies dig keeps him rightly in.

I also expect we will need more invention to break down Saints, rather than catching on the counter as we did Well a few times. 

Add to that the fatigue over this period. 

I like the look of that today. Would be a big three points to get. 

10 minutes ago, piffer said:

Pinnock had a hand in most of our positive attacking play vs County. He did a job and setup Kiltie on Wednesday. We are changing a winning team and bringing in Burke who has been off form recently.

I don't subscribe to the don't change a winning team mentalty

You pick your team to win a game

That was the poorest Motherwell team in years

St Mirren are on a much better run of form

Burke needed a wee rest, but folk saying he hasn't kicked a ball in months are talking pish