St Mirren Match Fred

C4mmy31

33 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

The common occurrence is players making blunders.We had chances in the 2nd half Kiltie fired into the keepers arms,Burke did similar with a free kick.They had one chance which our keepers saved.Dyer could have brought on a defender and went 3 centre half’s but do you trust Dikamona not give away a penalty or a stupid free kick.Dikamona,Millen,Findlay,McGowan and Rodgers have all made blunders which have cost us games.Thats our problem  

We didn't need to go 3 CBs ... the midfield was lagging as Mulumbu, Kiltie and Burke were blowing.  Bringing on Tish for Mulumbu and even Dabo for another would have stiffened things up.

But Dyer (and Millen) apparently can't see that for himself so does feck all and again we fail to see out the game.

We failed to see the game out because of a calamitous piece of goalkeeping. St. Mirren could have played all night and they wouldn't have scored. Dyer maybe be ultimately responsible for putting all his bets on Bachmann and then getting landed with Rodgers as number 1 after the Eastwood injury. But a professional goalkeeper any goalkeeper should be dealing with that ball comfortably. Rodgers has been decent most of the season, but he has cost us home victories 2 weeks on the bounce. If I was a team mate I'd be furious and he would know about it. Cant see how he can play next week, he will have no confidence in himself and his team mates even less so.

5 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

We failed to see the game out because of a calamitous piece of goalkeeping. St. Mirren could have played all night and they wouldn't have scored. Dyer maybe be ultimately responsible for putting all his bets on Bachmann and then getting landed with Rodgers as number 1 after the Eastwood injury. But a professional goalkeeper any goalkeeper should be dealing with that ball comfortably. Rodgers has been decent most of the season, but he has cost us home victories 2 weeks on the bounce. If I was a team mate I'd be furious and he would know about it. Cant see how he can play next week, he will have no confidence in himself and his team mates even less so.

Can’t see him not playing unless you are happy with Doyle in goals. 

I don’t think it was a goal. Rodgers made the movement of placing the ball on the post to show the referee it wasn’t over the line. He moved the ball sideways in a straight line he didn’t move it forward which he would have had to if it was behind the line. The fact he was in the goal didn’t help and perhaps this influenced the linesman’s decision. I can’t see how Dyer can say it was a goal. 

Edited by MarkyMark

31 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

I can’t see how Dyer can say it was a goal. 

First let me say I tried with all my might to will the ball to stay on the right side of the line but the whole ball seemed well over the line to me from the camera angle in the East Stand. But as pointed out by many it's a s**t angle so doesnt mean that much one way or the other.

However I don't think the lino would have given it if he was not sure. I suspect it was an easy call for him, easier to say he did not see it if he was not sure.

59 minutes ago, MarkyMark said:

I don’t think it was a goal. Rodgers made the movement of placing the ball on the post to show the referee it wasn’t over the line. He moved the ball sideways in a straight line he didn’t move it forward which he would have had to if it was behind the line. The fact he was I. The goal didn’t help and perhaps this influenced the linesman’s decision. I can’t see how Dyer can say it was a goal. 

Ball was over the line

Rodgers blunder.

Move on. 

12 hours ago, chubbs said:

We didn't need to go 3 CBs ... the midfield was lagging as Mulumbu, Kiltie and Burke were blowing.  Bringing on Tish for Mulumbu and even Dabo for another would have stiffened things up.

But Dyer (and Millen) apparently can't see that for himself so does feck all and again we fail to see out the game.

We could have brought subs on in the 85th and 90th minute to slow the game down, but I didn't see any sign of Mulumbu looking tired, in fact I was surprised that he was still chasing down players near the end of the game. Tish was carrying a knock from the Motherwell game according to the commentators and Dabo probably isn't fit so I can see why AD didn't use them. I've no idea what the situation is with Taylor, on the bench most games but never brought on.

11 hours ago, Sam said:

Ball was over the line

Rodgers blunder.

Move on. 

12 hours ago, MarkyMark said:

I don’t think it was a goal. Rodgers made the movement of placing the ball on the post to show the referee it wasn’t over the line. He moved the ball sideways in a straight line he didn’t move it forward which he would have had to if it was behind the line. The fact he was I. The goal didn’t help and perhaps this influenced the linesman’s decision. I can’t see how Dyer can say it was a goal. 

As AD said he had seen a replay. On the commentary on killie TV..  they clearly mention that our video analyst ran over at full time to show AD...we don't see all the angles that club record. Usually we get the camera shots a few days after that show you some goal mouth action.

Another mistake by an individual which has been our season. But that is 2 goals in 3 games he has cost us... I know he makes some saves but that is what he is paid to do...

If that was McDonalda certain some on  here would want him lynched.

Over the line.. just on the line.. doesn't matter its a goal and a mistake.

As for subs late on Saturday..  very slippy conditions .. difficult for players to get upto speed coming on... and to be honest we looked pretty comfortable...I think Dyer played it well but individual mistakes are costing us big time

Just seen replay very poor goalkeeping. I think the final straw has been that Rodgers didn’t quite realise where the post was, possibly he was even looking to use the post for support but ended up colliding with his upper arm which has spun him round into the goal. I don’t think you can tell it’s over or not from the camera angles on sport scene.

I think the collision with the post explains what’s happened but it’s no excuse, it’s a great example of why it’s so important for goalkeepers to be on the front foot and if in any doubt tip it round the goals

17 minutes ago, Killie71 said:

Subs or no subs, we would have comfortably seen the game out, until Rodger's brain fart.

Perhaps, but with some fresh legs maybe we could either have kept the ball up the other end of the park, or maybe even scored again so that when the inevitable blunder came, it would have had less impact.

Dyer should know by know he can't trust his players in the latter stages of games. Logic dictates he should be trying to win the games earlier 

Edited by killieboy87

54 minutes ago, killieboy87 said:

Perhaps, but with some fresh legs maybe we could either have kept the ball up the other end of the park, or maybe even scored again so that when the inevitable blunder came, it would have had less impact.

Dyer should know by know he can't trust his players in the latter stages of games. Logic dictates he should be trying to win the games earlier 

I get your argument AD is very reluctant to use substitutes, but you are arguing about something that may have happened against something that did happen. Equally, we could have tried to score a second but lost an equaliser in a different manner. 

3 minutes ago, WFAANW said:

The argument seems to be that the goalkeeper is so unreliable that subs were required to cover up for how poor he is.

No the argument is that our manager didn't bring on some fresh legal to enable us to manage the game better.

Its got f**k all to do with the keepers mistake, and everything to do with the managers ability to manage games and transfer that onto the players.

With the team 1 nil up most managers would use a couple of substitutes within the last 5 minutes. Losing 2 points from a goalkeeping error is a hard one to take. So we now face Hamilton who are starting to pick up points. This would be a good time to come away with 3 points no matter how we achieve it.

15 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

No the argument is that our manager didn't bring on some fresh legal to enable us to manage the game better.

Its got f**k all to do with the keepers mistake, and everything to do with the managers ability to manage games and transfer that onto the players.

Fair enough, but we're agreed that the keeper is still poor and unreliable.

Tish & Pinnock would’ve been my late subs just to break the flow of the game, 86&89 mins for Kiltie & Burke. Both are comfortable at keeping the ball and buying the odd free kick if needed. It’s AD’s game naivety that annoys me. Rogers cost us the win no doubt, but Dyer didn’t help his team when it was in his power to do so. I’d rather have a lucky manager than an unlucky one!

Putting on 2 midfielders wouldn’t have made any difference.They were shelling balls into the box and completely missing out the midfield .They also brought on another forward should the manager not countered that by bringing on another defender for a midfielder.Dikamona is the obvious choice but I don’t think Dyer trusts him ( nor do I ) .Still wouldn’t have stopped a blunder by the keeper though.

I'd sat the Hamilton game is going to be the hardest of the games against we have had in the past two home games they seem to make life extremely  difficult for us whenever we play them so we have to be on it for the whole game and cut out the stupid mistakes.

2 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

I get your argument AD is very reluctant to use substitutes, but you are arguing about something that may have happened against something that did happen. Equally, we could have tried to score a second but lost an equaliser in a different manner. 

In case it wasn't clear, I'm not trying to absolve Rogers of anything - it was an horrific mistake, regardless of whether it crossed the line or not. I won't crucify him the way some have, as you can count on one hand the number of players who are having a decent season, and he's one of them.

What I am saying is that due to Dyer's decisions (or lack of) we again lost points from not reacting to what was happening on the park. St Mirren were putting more balls in the box than they did earlier, we weren't closing those down.

3 hours ago, casual observer said:

They were swinging balls into the box from about 30 yards out, hardly back to front tactics. Close down their full backs stops the delivery, then you don’t need to defend the penalty box as much

Exactly this. St Mirren changed tactics, we didn’t adapt to them. We paid the price. It could’ve easily have been avoided. 

6 hours ago, killieboy87 said:

In case it wasn't clear, I'm not trying to absolve Rogers of anything - it was an horrific mistake, regardless of whether it crossed the line or not. I won't crucify him the way some have, as you can count on one hand the number of players who are having a decent season, and he's one of them.

What I am saying is that due to Dyer's decisions (or lack of) we again lost points from not reacting to what was happening on the park. St Mirren were putting more balls in the box than they did earlier, we weren't closing those down.

Not that much, I wasn't worried that we would lose a goal until the Rogers incident. There was no real threat in their attacks. The commentary team even asked if we needed to make a substitution and the general consensus was that the players on the park were performing ok. There is more of a case to be made about substitutions not being made at the Livi game because they were threatening. St. Mirren are a low scoring side that were sending in hopeful balls and Rogers messed up. Dyer needs to address his general attitude to substitutions but in this case I wouldn't have made changes.